15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre RetailEdge

Software de POS asequible y potente; sistemas integrados de punto de venta y software de gestión de inventario para negocios minoristas.

Descubre más sobre RetailEdge

Simple, easy to use, just play with the program for a while and you will get it.

Contras:

Using the report drop down boxes. I have to bring up sales 3 times before I get to the list I need.

Valoraciones de RetailEdge

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

RetailEdge tiene una valoración global de 4,8 estrellas sobre 5 según las 175 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado RetailEdge antes?

Filtrar opiniones (175)

Eric
Eric
General Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista
Fuente de la reseña

We have been using RE since 2007 and have been very happy overall.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: It's an effective way for us to manage our inventory and reports with out a high cost. I do wish there were a userface update to be more "modern" and the ability to look up customers who haven't been here since, say, 2015. More in depth reporting can be beneficial as well.

The affordability is nice, compared to others that I've shopped around for. We purchased our setup in 2007 and we have since added to it, and have a total of three key FOB's (2 machines, 1 backup) for our business. I can operate the system in my sleep because I'm familiar w/ it, which makes it very hard to consider changing to another system. After digging into the features I was looking for, I found that with a modest purchase, RE can do everything that I want and need it to do.

Contras:

I have asked for some features over the years that seem simple and would be useful for the wide variety of customers as well. However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen. Example: We sell canned cat foods, and often times, we sell 24-72 of them at a time. Most of these cans have to be scanned at least once. Errors happen, and if our inventory is off or the items have arrived before being put in, there will be a negative. If you aren't looking at the screen, you'll simply not see the "are you sure" notification, which another scan of a can hits "ok" We have trained ourself for the most part, but it would still be nice to have an alert.

Kaitlyn

Alternativas consideradas:

Retail Edge is great for my business!

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great helping set up the software, training me on how to enter inventory and use it for everyday use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also great along the way answering all my questions and helped us order our gift cards, which we love! The technical support team has been amazing and is always eager to help! They even find problems before you do. Everyone I have come in contact with has been friendly and helpful. I can't say enough great things about this software and how amazing it has been for my retail store. I implemented Retail Edge from day 1 and I am so happy I did! Especially with the pandemic. If I did not have the seamless integrated with Shopify, I can't say I would still be open today. That really saved me and kept customers thinking about my store! I can't say enough good things about Retail Edge!!

Retail Edge is so easy to use! The checkout process is straightforward and hard to make a mistake. The integration with Shopify is great for my business because I have the same inventory instore and online. The reporting is amazing to help analyze my business. The gift cards Retail Edge offers are nice to offer to customers and easy to use when checking out. The purchase order section is great for retail because you can easily see what hasn't come in and what you should cancel. I also like that the Retail Edge team is constantly updating the software and staying up to date so you don't have to. I have used most features that Retail Edge offers and I love most of them!

Contras:

I love so much about this software but if I had to change anything it would be to make the security feature easier to use. I want to be able to lock the sales manager so employees can not see how much money is made, which you can do, but every time I lock it, I mess something else up. Also, one thing I have run into with the online integration is when people buy gift cards in store and want to use them online and vice versa. If there was some way to make gift cards able to use both instore and online, that would be awesome! So, just making those things easier would be so helpful and make this software perfect for my business!

Jorge
Owner en Puerto Rico
Seguridad informática y de redes, 11-50 empleados

Use of the product

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Easy to use. Friendly and professional client service.

Contras:

Customization. Cant change much of the program.

Jonathon
OWNER en EE. UU.
Tabaco, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

retail edge!

1,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: using it for over two years and I regret buying 52 times a year. gold member , waist of money, I wish they would listen to their costumers business needs when they do an update.

nothing at all , this is a waist of TIME and money.

Contras:

I just have cons time consuming , even when utilize excel to reduce time editing, adding and editing inventory, this is not for a small business ,on the other hand absolutely horrible for large business with large inventory if you have a small inventory business i.e. less than 500 items, this software is okay !!!

hace 2 años

Jonathon, Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us do better. We are sorry you had a frustrating experience. We understand the Gold Support plan may not be the right fit for everyone, so we removed you from the it and refunded you for the month of January. We have reached out to you several times to set up a one-on-one remote training session with one of our sales staff. Please email us at [email protected] or give us a call. We hope to resolve these issues with you and meet your expectations. -RetailEdge

Becci

Retail Edge is Great!

5,0 hace 4 meses

The ease of use and support. The customer service is friendly and easy to understand and follow.

Contras:

Wish the support was 24 hours. It would be nice to be able to call support at any hour, but we make it work by scheduling tech stuff early in the day since we are in the west.

Dale
Managing Director en Trinidad y Tobago

Excellent Product

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Oh! This has been a great experience for managing inventory and for processing sales in a professional manner. Both for the customer and cashier's experience.

I like that I have the option of Free email tech support and that updates are reasonably priced via the bronze package. The replies are always courteous and helpful. Plus, I know that I have the paid one off tech support service which I used once due to the urgency of the issue. I can't complain about the actual software because I am extremely satisfied.

Contras:

I wish that I could refund a store credit via cash instead of only being able to apply it to an invoice. Sometimes, I need to refund a customer their store credit and I have to do lots of work arounds. It would be nicer to have a totally revamped discount system. I find creating promotions and renewing them tedious. The options are adequate, but the interface is not user-friendly for regular changes... it just needs to be an easier faster process for the person inputting the promotions. Again, possibly a total revamp instead of updates. Maybe an up-loadable spread sheet would be an option as there are sometimes so many items to create promotions for that my ability to create promotions becomes frustrating.

Sara
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

-soft learning curve -excellent reports -feature rich -extreme value for the price - wicked awesome support -easy to update inventory

Contras:

- minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

MELISSA
Owner en Canadá
Impresión, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Great system especially if you're internet is not stable

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: It works well with our current system.

We chose this software because we didn't have to pay a monthly fee (except for support). We liked that the inventory and reports are all included.

Contras:

The software was a little confusing in the beginning. It's expensive to get new workstations but it pays for itself eventually when you use it for a longer amount of time.

hace 5 años

Hi Melissa, great feedback! We aim to keep your cost of ownership low with reasonable prices and little to no monthly fees so more money stays in your pocket. :) Thanks again! -Kayla

Psychi
Chief Opperations Officer en Barbados

Alternativas consideradas:

Perfect for businesses big or small

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Super easy to use and worth every cent.

Retail Edge is easy to use and support in on the system in the Help tab.A help tab that actually answers your questions and videos to make it easy to understand.

Contras:

I have no complaints, Retail Edge works perfect in all areas of the business.InventorySales ReportsPOSSo many options for sales.

Lloyd
Operations Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados

Newbie to the POS world

5,0 hace 2 años

I like that this software is relatively inexpensive for the robust features that are provided. The customer support has been fantastic, and once the system is in place it is simple to add additional workstations as my business grows.

Contras:

I don't really have anything to compare to this system. This is our first jump into a POS system. It has been a lot of work to get up and running since we are building our item and customer database from scratch. But, we are already seeing the benefit of having an automated system that is tracking our sales by item and customer.

Lexy
Business Owner en Bermudas
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used yet.

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen!
I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week.
I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

Curtis

Review from Scissor Sweep Vinyl

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: The software is great, but the people at High Meadow are first class!

We own the software and the data we collect. I have never cared for 'cloud' providers who if you stop paying or move to another service, you lose access to data from your customers.The amount of tie that you guys have committed to the Shopify Integration. It is as easy as can be. thanks for the effort so I didn't have to learn myself.

Contras:

I would love to be able to recover credit card processing fees through a 'loss of cash discount' or something like that.Every vender and government agency I deal with charges me their processing fees, why can't I do the same through RetailEdge?

el año pasado

Hi Curtis, We do have a cash discount/cc surcharge suggestion in the programming list and is of high priority. Thank you so much for your review!

joshua

Alternativas consideradas:

Don't spend too much on your POS!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Customer service is great. I am very happy. I would recommend to others (and have)

I loved the price. But I did a lot of research before I bought. It took me months to decide. I loved that I could use my own hardware. It really does it all. The price compared to other companies is 50-70% lower with more features and no annual fees if you don't want the latest version. Room for expansion is awesome. Adding another terminal does not cost an arm and a leg with other products. To have a non-web based POS software that does it all for this price is amazing.

Contras:

When you first buy it you don't get full use of the software until you talk to a rep. It would be nice just to have a license key.

Christina
Founding Partner / General Manager en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

New to the retail environment, starting your own brick & mortar store.... this software is for you!

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: This software gives us great reporting features and allows us to fully understand our growing business on daily, weekly and monthly basis. The ability to do back-office work on the main database without extra licenses is also a plus. Inventory management is second to none compared to other software we have seen.

As we continue to expand and grow our new business, we are amazed at all the functionality that this software has built in right out of the box. There have been several instances were we have decided to add a new twist to how we run the store, and as we search the Retail Edge manual, there it is! (Example : Gift Cards) This software has every possible option we want, even ones we haven't thought of using yet. We love that all the functionality you need is included in the price, no extra expensive modules to add after the fact. The mobile apps for sales updates are also very much appreciated.

Contras:

If there was one thing we could say in the negative (and that is really hard to do), we wish the "operating screens" were a little more fancy in layout and color selection. Maybe an option to customize the screens with some custom colors and a logo here and there. We know that is hard to do and still insure that the software runs on almost every piece of hardware that various customers own, so we will give Retail Edge a pass on that.

Jen
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Retail Edge gives us all we need and more!

5,0 hace 4 años

The reports available are wonderful. I like that I can create/customize the reports I use most frequently and save them as "memorized reports" and name them as we see fit. The setup was pretty easy overall and the customer service since then has been great. Low monthly fees, or fees based upon your needs is a bonus. User friendly on the front end and staff tends to learn quickly. The deeper you get into the system and use the features available the more you see it offers. The Demo/Training mode available is fantastic!

Contras:

We have used Retail Edge about 2 years and just added another terminal at a new location. We are learning how to make sure each user can only see their specific data unless given security rights to see both/all locations. I feel there are a few reports that still show all locations data even though based on their user "rights" they should have limited visibility. Maybe I missed a step during setup? Overall; very happy, just completed cashier training at the new location, and looking forward to what we can do now.

Stephen
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Customer service with [sensitive content hidden]

5,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: We have been with you for 11 year so we are obviously happy.

[sensitive content hidden] was incredibly helpful. Very patient and knowledgeable. We RARELY use our Gold service but when we do it is CRITICAL to us. So thank you for supporting us.

Contras:

In the past some of the support staff has assumed that we have no clue about anything. We may not be software engineers but at least we know our business. This has not been a problem in years, so apparently you fixed the problem.

hace 11 meses

Stephen, Thank you so much for your honest review. We love to hear our customer's support experiences (good and not good). We will pass along the kind words. We hope to have you for the next 11 years! -Kayla

Kevork
Co-owner en EE. UU.
, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

I Love This Retail Solution!!!!

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Peace of mind, easy backups, control over inventory, solid reporting.

GREAT free customer support over email. Frequent updates. VERY Flexible. AFFORDABLE purchase price and updates. Rock solid performance. Great under the hood abilities. Without a doubt, the most feature rich and the most affordably priced retail pos with an incredible and responsive team. Recently improved support for integrated cloud, network, e-commerce. Runs very well on Windows 7.

Contras:

Not the MOST appealing visually. Some features are buried or structurally antiquated. Good (not great) reports, templates (no ability to edit template for reports receipts). Sales/discount rules are one of the elements that are feature rich, but tricky to set up. Not as intuitive as they could be. For some, (not me) it might be a con that it doesn't run on an iPad.

Carla
Fuente de la reseña

Wonderful! Never a glitch!

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: The software does everything! It provides a flexible and user friendly POS that fits my business. It is affordable, secure, provides numerous reports and has the best support service you will find. Seriously, the best retail program out there.

It is hard to pick one thing! It was so perfect for my boutique. But if I have to pick one thing, it would have to be ease of use. I was able to figure everything out without help-although they are readily available if you need assistance, and could train my employees on the system myself.

Contras:

Since it provided everything I needed, and was so flexible in application, there isn't much I don't like. My store is unique in that I sell some custom items (curtains for example) that are made up of various items purchased and sold as a single unit. This is a bit cumbersome but manageable.

Sam
Treasurer en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados

Happy User

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have used other point of sale software and had nothing but headache using the software which was Much more expensive.

I like customer support. They are awesome and have always been there for us. I will definitely recommendThier gold plan it is worth having.

Contras:

I really have no complaints other then I need more time in the day to use all the reports I could be using.

Heather

RetailEdge Increased Productivity

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We have been using RetailEdge for around 20 years and have always been very satisfied with all the services and products we use.

The system is almost an all-in-one for our business! Integrations are seamless. Support is amazing! We can get any report we need and manage our inventory and sales all in one system.

Contras:

I have nothing to add regarding what I like least.

Tim
Fuente de la reseña

Retail Edge was a solution that allowed us a robust, feature rich system with a low entry cost.

5,0 hace 7 años

We love that we were able to use a lot of our own hardware, we can run remotely offline with their Island system and have multiple locations. Our budget was small, but the system affordable and delivered on our needs. We like that we can talk to someone and our Gold Support Plan allows us access to technicians when we need it.

Contras:

Some types of transactions are a little restrictive, however, it may be our own lack of knowledge. We continue to learn about the software and new ways to do things. Sometimes we are just too busy to learn more about it. To this end some additional webinars would be helpful routinely where we could get some online training and ask specific questions.

Betsy
Shift leader en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados

Thank you!

5,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: it works for a day to day job, but the tech support were super kind! [sensitive content hidden] you rock!! thank you soo much!! You solved my issue very quickly and with such a professional attitude! Thank you!!!!

its a good program does what I need with minimal issues

Contras:

The icons are a bit busy but thats just personal style

hace 9 meses

Hi Betsy, Thank you so much for the kind words!! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience with technical support and will pass along your message.

Jennifer
Manager en EE. UU.
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados

Happy user for 7+ years

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: RE was purchased about 20 years ago when the business first opened, and I have been here for about 7 years. RE is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to make adjustments as the business grows. Customer service has been great, even though we are on the freebie plan, and they are responsive to my emails as I've grown into the managerial role and my responsibilities have increased.

I like that RE is all we need for inventory management, POS, reports, etc. It's easy to use, even for new hires, and easy for me as a manager to adjust as needs change.

Contras:

I can't think of any cons, because it does everything we need it to.

Ken
Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados

Retail Edge Works

Comentarios: Very happy

Works well with multiple locations. Without a multi-store operation there would be no way to keep track of inventory or sales at all locations

Contras:

Getting data out of the system for use in other software could use a bit of improvement

Temitope
Manager en Nigeria
Hardware informático, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Each time we scaled up in business, RetailEdge always have what we needed. Has been fantastic so far

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: It has been very useful to the company in managing its various outlets within the city. And printing receipt and keeping inventory has been much easier since the purchase of RetailEdge.

Almost has every thing needed to manage any type of store. Especially being able to manage many outlets with the same software

Contras:

RetailEdge is complex to use for a newbie. One will have to study the help files (which was fantastically prepared and exhaustive in detail) very well in order to grasp the understanding of its intricate use. But once that is done, it will be easy all the way.