15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de VMware Workstation Pro

Sobre VMware Workstation Pro

VMware Workstation Player permite a los usuarios configurar máquinas virtuales en una sola máquina física.

Descubre más sobre VMware Workstation Pro

Virtualization technologies can help you cut costs, improve security, and simplify management.

Valoraciones de VMware Workstation Pro

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

VMware Workstation Pro tiene una valoración global de 4,8 estrellas sobre 5 según las 51 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado VMware Workstation Pro antes?

Filtrar opiniones (51)

Javier
Administrador de sistemas en España
Software informático, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A nivel empresarial es un software obligatorio

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Muy buena, la recomiendo mucho.

Funciona muy bien, tiene un buen servicio al cliente y es obligatorio para su uso empresarial.

Contras:

Cuando tenemos muchos servidores integrados puede funcionar algo lento.

Jonathan Alexander
Jonathan Alexander
IT infrastructure analyst en República Dominicana
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

An excellent hypervisor to manage and create your virtual machines

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have used this tool for several years in the company to create controlled test environments and as a hypervisor to create development machines in linux operating systems, it has been very beneficial due to its portability we can move the machines from one host to another

What I like the most about this tool is how fast, agile and simple it can be to have a controlled virtual environment on our computers, whether on Windows or Linux, either for our laboratories or in production, and be able to use it at the same time as we use our physical or host team

Contras:

It can be said that sometimes the performance since it consumes resources of the physical machine, although this already goes hand in hand with the physical resources that we have in terms of hardware.

Ranu
Software Developer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

The best type 2 or hosted virtualization tool.

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Using it from many years, yes it makes system slow but too many features are provided by it. The overall UI is very friendly and can be easily understand by anyone. I never studied any tutorials about it.

This software contains all the features that are required to in this software class. It becomes quite easy to control VM instances without logging into them because of networking setup by it. The software doesn't conflict with other applications and hosted operating systems. Installation of operating system and image validation feature is also awesome and there are lot of steps it it automatically handles by this software.

Contras:

This software is very heavy because of its features and makes system slow. It also setups lot of connections with base operating systems and even few ports gets blocked. Apart from this I have noticed nothing.

Telecomunicaciones, 10.000+ empleados

VMware Workstation

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It was good for my learning of Kali Linux and Ubuntu, which showed me some new aspects of my current and future job.

Possibility to create separate Workstation from my own laptop's usual desktop and setup, which provided a lot of learning opportunities for me, as I was learning a bit of Kali Linux with the help of this Software.

Contras:

Loading up of the Virtual Machine sometimes is taking a lot of time, even though I have solid laptop with good overall performance.

Redes informáticas, 11-50 empleados

Powerful Virtualization Product

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: After 7+ years of using VMware Workstation I can say is the best, easy to deploy, easy to handle, offers solutions for all different users, whether individuals or businesses and offers multiple features that you will not find in other competing products.

I have used VMware Workstation for more than seven years, and I can summarize the most important features for me as follows:- - The program is easy to use with a simplified interface - Perfectly compatible with most operating systems - The clone feature is so great with almost no errors - The most important feature for me is the snapshot, which preserves the current state of a virtual machine.

Contras:

- Sometimes there is a slight hang, so you have to restart the machine and you may lose some unsaved changes. - The machine uses a relatively large storage space. I wish if there was an option to compress the size of the machine.

Nikodem
R&D Control Engineer en Polonia
Automoción, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Virtual Machines by VMware

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I was using VMware Workstation for creating and working on Ubuntu virtual machines. I think that biggest advantage over free solutions is reliability. I also had better experience with connecting USB devices directly to the virtual machine, than when using VirtualBox.

VMware Workstation provides good reliability in comparison to other software. It is also easy to use for end user and basically makes working with virtual machines hassle free. This program just do its job and does it really well.

Contras:

I think the biggest downside of using virtual machines is performance loss. I was using VMware to create virtual machine with Ubuntu 18.04, running on my Windows host. Running applications requiring GPU usually caused bottleneck and I finally decided to switch to dualboot and using Linux natively.

Alessandro
System administrator senior en Italia
Administración gubernamental, 201-500 empleados

Virtualisation in your hand

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I use VMWare workstation to have multiple machines in my personal workstation without need of other hardware. I use for test machines I can create, test, cancet or snapshot and return to original status in a very quickly way.

Easy to use, market leader, compatible with many systems, many KB to improve and solve problems

It's not possible to move freezed Virtual Machines

Naheel
computer engineering en Jordania
Telecomunicaciones, 5.001-10.000 empleados

A good experience

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: amazing and it let you use all the tool that you dreamt of

VMware helped me in many different ways, as someone whos is learning ethical hacking it helps me to download linux and other operating systems to use all the tool for my graduation project, and there are youtube videos that make you understand the VMware workstation. Thank you Vmware

Contras:

the software is amazing but it takes space on my laptop when I downloaded operating systems

hace 3 años

Thank you for your review.

Administración gubernamental, 51-200 empleados

easy use for everyone

5,0 hace 3 años

An excellent program that helped me to test new operating systems, such as Linux, you can use it to visit websites you do not trust, or access onion networks reducing the risk. You do not need to be an advanced user to understand it, it is easy to install and easy to use.

Contras:

a disadvantage that is not only typical of VMware workstation but of all virtualization environments is the reduction of performance of the operating system, it will never be the same as a native installation.

Jason
Landscaper/White Hat Pen Tester en EE. UU.
Seguridad informática y de redes, Trabajador autónomo

VMWARE workstation pro

5,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: Highly satisfied and paid member who utilizes Vmware pro everyday.

If you already have experience in IT and you want to make it a career. VMWARE workstation pro makes it perfect for users of any age. Highly recommend.

Contras:

Price is higher, but definitely worth it. And vmware offer s a free version of vmware player.

Aris
Aris
Web Developer en Grecia
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados

VMWare for IT Professionals

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We are very happy and proud for using VMware Workstation to disinfect or recover files and operating systems, gaining our users' trust and satisfaction.

VMWare is a BIG GO for our business when it comes to infected systems that come into our service department. We can repair hard disks, fetch files that our customers require without getting our main system infected too, sometimes we clean the infected system in order to avoid formatting the hard drive especially if our customers' system is too complex to setup from the beginning. Also, sometimes we need to take snapshots to retest different demo software or different setups. Device management is very user friendly and VMWare can handle many operating systems.

Contras:

Depending on the settings virtual machines take too much memory, but that is not for VMWARE to blame. Maybe a good idea for future versions, is adding to Workstation some restrictions for the users. For example, to restrict a virtual machine's resources if it's going to freeze the main system.

hace 3 años

Thank you for your review.

Waqas
Administrator en Pakistán
Administración educativa, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Recommended tool for developers.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It is a must tool for any application developer for testing their application in multiple environment before deploying it into production environment. Unlike freely available Virtual Box. It doesn't require the Hardware Virtualization Support.

I have used Vmware Workstation in my previous job for more than 3 years and it works great. It allow us to create Virtual Machines in which we deploy and test our develop application. It allows to install any/multiple operating system using the virtualization technology one the same computer. And works like physical computer to deploy and test our applications.

Contras:

It required lots of RAM and processing power to run multiple Virtual Machines at the same time. Sometimes the file sharing stop working we have to restart the Virtual Machine.

Hostelería, 201-500 empleados

Vmware as a Lab Environment

5,0 hace 3 años

I have been using VMware since various years and found this software awesome, as being a Designer I have lots of files and projects which runs at a time and I makes them separate which gives me an edge to make my mind calm down and no any panic situations creates in front of any client when I open the vmware machine to show my presentation and work, my purpose to separate the software from each other is also that some of the applications require require no any antivirus because antiviruses stops the .exe files and sometimes make the very heavy files corrupted, Vmware is an environment on which I easily stops the vulnerability applications and execute my experimental work of files, the summary of my opinion is to stop the antivirus software in a virtual environment and my host machine which connects to the internet runs as it is with running antivirus

Contras:

Overall its a good platform but due to its heaviness the upgradations of processor and rams require and sometimes if I run multiple Vmware machine at at time it response slow and it should be fix however, it is a big invention for me which converted the physical world into virtual, thanks vmware!

Isael
IT Support en República Dominicana
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Excellent platform

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My experience with this platform has been excellent, I have not had problems when virtualizing and I have been able to develop several tests that have helped improve work

It is an excellent platform to virtualize, I like the ease with which I can install several operating systems and allow communication between them, at work we use it to perform some tests before putting it into practice and to this day the platform works well. excellent shape

Contras:

I like everything about this platform to this day, only that the price is a bit high

Brian
Developer en Camerún
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Best software to run multiple virtual machines in one host.

5,0 el año pasado

VMware supports many different operating systems. It also has a feature for snapshots and restore features which enable easy backup and restore.

Contras:

The only thing I did not really like about it is that it's somehow difficult to use for a start.

Sagar
Senior Technical Associate en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Multiple Guest machine with Vmware Workstation

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It's a good platform to provide scalable supports to multiple clients.
If you look for a platform that provides the best features, go with the Vmware workstation.

Vmware Workstation can allow you to install the multiple guest operating system with a single base machine Vmware workstation allows you to install the flavors of the operating system which helps you to cost savings required if you go with hard installation on-base machines. The workstation can allow you to on the fly changes resources by using few clicks.

Contras:

It will consume the base machine resources which actual impact your base machine OS It required a licensed copy in case of industrial use. If you delete an instance it would not possible to restore your guest machine.

Vishvam
Manager en India
Seguridad informática y de redes, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Vmware workstation for virtual machines

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: The vmware workstation pro is the best software that we use to host multiple virtual system and remote servers .

The ability to change the configuration and the network settings based on our needs is the personal favourite. Vmware also has the feature called snapshots which helps us when our virtual machine is messed up.

Contras:

The feature of vmware that only allows us to change the keyboard from virtual machine to host machine is very useful as it creates confusion for new users . The changing of the keyboard inputs must be seamless

Thomas
Thomas
Web developer en Francia
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

The best VM software

5,0 hace 2 años

VMWare is very performant and provides a lot of features

Contras:

The free version of Workstation is missing a lot of essential features

Gianni
Gianni
IT en Italia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Virtuale work

5,0 hace 2 años

E' un cloud veramente sicuro e scalabile facilmente

Contras:

Niente di particolare da segnalare di critico

Angus
Company Director en RU
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Best Virtualisation Software That I've Found

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I enjoy using the software, it solves the issue of needing virtual environments within your host OS. I'd recommend the software.

VMware Workstation has made making virtual environments within my server a breeze. It's extremely easy to use, select the desired OS, and specifications then click go. Works straight out the box with little to no knowledge.

Contras:

The software can be fairly resource intensive even if only running a few virtual machines.

Armando
Armando
Network Manager en Paraguay
Redes informáticas, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Must have tool for virtualization

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: This tool is for daily use in my case since the connection to my esxi hypervisor is faster and more stable. I can go online and manipulate any aspect of the vm if necessary.

What I like the most about vmware is the possibility of importing physical machines to virtual machines and thus exporting to a dedicated hypervisor. From there I can manage, customize the hardware and connect to work on it. The most remarkable thing is the level of compatibility with other solutions. I can also mount the virtual disks on my computer to explore content.

Contras:

I had no difficulty with VMware workstatio.

mesut
network specialist en Turquía
Telecomunicaciones, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Advantages of VMware

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My general experience with Vmware is that when I want to install and use many different operating systems, I create and run virtual machines. Thanks to this convenience, I am proficient in more than one operating system.

It's easy to run .ova file from anywhere. Just adding and running Vmware is a very easy and simple process than installing from scratch.

Contras:

It is an expensive application as it is not a free application. Using vmware player is not enough.

Chamroeunrith
Chamroeunrith
IT Manager en Camboya
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados

Vmware Workstation is best for System Administrator

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: previously i have using hyper-v and virtualbox and i have alot of probem while i want to export to production in vsphere, later on i buy license workstation and use it i can migrate faster in a minutes, license is not expensive but it save your time and energy.
your time is money do not spend with the right product and the right thing, make you less headache.

vmware workstation is very good for administrator to use, its can migrated to the vsphere faster if you think that your configuration of the VM is done. also you can connect your vmware workstation to vsphere faster and migrate in a minutes.

Contras:

its consume the memory alot on the PC as well, if vmware can reduce the cache absorb in the worksation version.

Software informático, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Perfect virtualization software

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: VMware is an excellent system/software for setting up replica environments, troubleshooting, testing, training, internal deployment before going to production, etc.

Great system for the creation of repro environments for troubleshooting purposes - this is our main use case with VMware. It is easy to use and our technicians find this extremely user friendly. Performance is always on par with our expectations (though we had to increase the resources frequently in the past, it seems that there is a good improvement in resource consumption). I love the snapshots which help us with quick setup to hit the ground running.

Contras:

It's actually very easy to set up and work as per our needs, I am struggling to find something that we like the least. Performance used to be an issue but is not much of a problem now. Video graphics seem to perform poorly in the VMs.

Giacomo
Impiegato en Italia
Investigación, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Software di virtualizzazione di alto livello

5,0 hace 2 años

Utilizzo da anni con grande soddisfazione VMware, software potentissimo che ti permette di virtualizzare un sistema operativo e di utilizzarlo in tutta la sua interezza.Molto legero, prestante e sicuro.Non posso più farne a meno, le virtualizzazioni sono molto stabili e veloci.Consigliatissimo.

Contras:

Ci sono spesso molti aggiornameni, che è un lato positivo ma avolte è un leggermente macchinoso installarli su linux.Non trovo altri difetti, consigliatissimo.