Opiniones de Microsoft Project

4,4 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4,1 /5

Sobre Microsoft Project

Microsoft Project es una herramienta simple, pero poderosa, para gestionar el trabajo, desde proyectos rápidos hasta iniciativas más complejas.

Descubre más sobre Microsoft Project

Mostrando 1.196 opiniones

Carlos C.
Gerente de Marketing
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados
  • Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 23/6/2021

"Quien no ha tenido un proyecto?"

Comentarios: Se utilizó en un proyecto para presentar avances contra un cronograma planeado y fue muy interesante

Puntos a favor: Pues lo que más me ha gustado de este software es la facilidad para presentar flujos y resultados en proyectos.

Contras: Lo he usado muy poco realmente por lo que no puedo dar una opinión negativa o decir que algo no me gusta.

• Fuente: GetApp
  • Publicado el 23/6/2021
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant
Administración educativa, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/5/2021

"Planning and executing project easily"

Comentarios: Overall, i am still satisfied in using this software to managing and managing our collaborative project and it really helpful for us to tracking and finish our project in the allocated time. It has increase our effectiveness in planning and executing a project.

Puntos a favor: Microsoft Project is really good in planning and executing my project that my team and my colleague collaborate. It let us to distributing task among us and be clear which member are responsible for the task and avoid confusing while executing the project. The Gantt chart really helpful in planning the project time of completion.

Contras: You will need quite a considerable time of training to properly get expert and get comfortable in using this project management software to the maximum usage. Some of the feature or tools is quite hard to be understand the usage and the manual is not explaining the tools in details.

• Publicado el 4/5/2021
Norzihan I.
Recruiter
Telecomunicaciones, 5.001-10.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/1/2021

"Saves time in planning and collaborating project"

Comentarios: This software has help me and my colleague to create shortcuts to planning, creating and deploying project.
The task can be marked with time frame and the system will send notification if the task is still not completed before the due date.

Puntos a favor: I really like template that are provided by Microsoft Project, it is highly customized to my project objective and my liking. The feature that i use the most can be pinned on the dashboard interface and keep it organized. Most of the user are using it, and there are no issue to shares the project file to my other colleague and they can open it without any compatibility problem.

Contras: Microsoft Project is quite pricey as we can't subscribe only the Microsoft Project itself, we have to buy all the software on the Microsoft suite to use it. If only they can let user to separately subscribing it, more user can will use it. Other thing that i dislike is, no video tutorial provided to teach user how to use the feature in the software.

• Publicado el 28/1/2021
Gio J.
Technical Trainer
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/1/2017

"Easy to access project tool."

Comentarios: I use Microsoft's Project to track the individual items that I need to manage for a major project. The best parts of MS Project are that it evolved into the easiest to use Gant chart generator out there. My personal business calls for me to track several programs at one time and as an Instructional Designer/Architect, I tend to "chunk" projects into smaller, easier to accomplish bites. The Project lets me do that and helps me track my progress in completing the chunks of the larger project that I have to complete. I like that the interface allows me to enter the data about the project into what looks like a spreadsheet. The software then generates a Gant chart and helps me track where I might have finished ahead of schedule or where I might slip if I don't pay attention. My main gripes about MS Project involve a lack of flexibility. I can't easily rename column headings because they're locked into Microsoft's view of what a project should look like. This is only a minor annoyance. That said, at times I often expect MS Project to behave more like MS Excel where I can manipulate and edit cells with ease, which you can't because the columns are locked to function only one way. Finally, I would like to have row separators that let me know where one project ends and another begins. I do this because I'd like to have a tool that lets me view all my projects in one place. Changing dates is also an annoyance because the date fields always default to the point in time in which you started the project and so if you expect the date fields to default to "today's date", you might have to make adjustments. It would be nice if the date defaulted as expected (today's date). Tips:
1. You can roughly rename the titles of cells, but the contents will always function according to the locked nature of the cells.
2. If like me, you want to track multiple projects in one MS Project file, simply color code the different projects with the cell highlight function.

Puntos a favor: 1. Ease of use

Horeb S.
Freelance
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 21/5/2021

"Microsoft Project: le meilleur outil en management de projet"

Comentarios: Dans l'ensemble, je suis toujours satisfait de l'utilisation de ce logiciel pour gérer un projet collaboratif et il nous aide vraiment à suivre et à terminer notre projet dans le temps imparti. Il a augmenté notre efficacité dans la planification et l'exécution d'un projet.

Puntos a favor: Mon expérience avec Microsoft Project est très intéressante. C'est un outil formidable pour la gestion de projets. Il aide à garder une trace de toutes les activités de projet et à planifier toutes les tâches. Il s'agit d'un outil facile à utiliser pour les débutants et permet de comprendre son fonctionnement en moins de temps et avec une très grande efficacité. Avoir une vue d'ensemble de la gestion des coûts, de l'utilisation des ressources, de la visibilité du diagramme de Gantt, de la définition de vos jalons et de la saisie rapide des données sont les résultats les plus importants et les plus utiles de MS PROJECT.

Contras: Une des difficultés est le développement du chronogramme des différents projets et l'information qui est offerte aux équipes impliquées dans les différents projets. En outre, la mise en œuvre du changement de calendrier et de la capacité opérationnelle est difficile et empêche de fournir aux équipes de projet une carte actualisée pour l'exécution de leurs tâches et donc la livraison d'une nouvelle ligne de base pour vérifier les progrès et gérer le changement programmé par les patrons.

• Publicado el 21/5/2021
Ed W.
Deputy Harbour Master
Transporte marítimo, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/3/2020

"No brainer for Project Management"

Comentarios: Handles most of my large projects and allows easy reporting to people. Used for years now and don't plan on changing. Done a few online courses to learn to use it properly and well worth it.

Puntos a favor: The leading software in Project Management. Used for a few years now and it allows me to input everything i need to run projects, execute them and then monitor. incorporates all the principles of PM WBS, critical path, leads and lags. Cost management is also a worth while feature allowing you to monitor costs in detail or quick look to see current status.

Contras: Not the best for collaborative working if other staff are not trained properly. I think this is more of a company specific problem where staff are included in projects and data in put but not necessarily trained in PM

• Publicado el 27/3/2020
Antony S.
Planning Engg
Petróleo y energía, 501-1.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/1/2020

"Easy and Comfortable Planning Software"

Comentarios: Project Planning , Cost Calculation, Cost Control , Optimizing resources to optimize project output ,

Puntos a favor: Task Adding Feature of ms Project is very Easy and We can Easily Edit order Without Any Problem, simple planning and scheduling

Contras: Cost Of resources Added Feature is Less also there must be option for creating Some regulate chart like planned progress vs Actual progress , Sn Curve Etc

• Publicado el 10/1/2020
Suhailah S.
Administrative Assistant
Comercio minorista, 5.001-10.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/6/2021

"Manage concurrent project easily"

Puntos a favor: I love that Microsoft Project is can handle every details that i need to input onto the project, like budget management, milestone and due dates for every task in it. It surely will make it more complicated, but it really help us to be more effective.

Contras: There are no simultaneous access to the project, it will be limited to one user at time and it has no indication if other user are currently editing and using the project. I need to find the user manually and ask them to free up the project, so i can edit it.

• Publicado el 8/6/2021
Andre L.
System Analyst
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/6/2021

"Your project in good hands"

Comentarios: In a very professional way, Project serves any project manager to control various jobs.

Puntos a favor: Control over the project is very large, with forecasts, points of attention, goals, deadlines. If constantly updated, you can't go wrong, or at least, you can predict the result.

Contras: During the entire period I used, I couldn't identify any problem or situation that deserved any attention.

• Publicado el 7/6/2021
Fanny D.
Manager HRD & GA
Construcción naval, 501-1.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 29/5/2021

"review Microsoft Project"

Comentarios: Microsoft Project is a tool used to control project management

Puntos a favor: very easy for beginners in calculating project value

Contras: Although it can be accessed simultaneously on a network, only one user can make edits

• Publicado el 29/5/2021
Maira M.
Industrial & Manufacturing Engineer
Automoción, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/4/2021

"Track It All!"

Comentarios: Efficiently handles your project tasks and generates graphs and charts. A highly recommended tool for the professionals .

Puntos a favor: My experience with Microsoft Project has been an amazing one. It is a great tool for the Project Management. Helps you to keep a track of all your project activities and schedule all your tasks. The tool is easy to use for beginners and helps to understand its working with less time and great efficiency. Having an overview of the cost management , resource usage, visibility of Gantt Chart, setting your milestones and fast entry of data are the most important and useful outcomes of the software.

Contras: I think they should provide the general package of the software. Also the cost of license is a bit high for the students to use it. Except for this it is one of the best softwares for Project Management purpose.

• Publicado el 4/4/2021
Abraham C.
Active Directory Administrator
Seguridad informática y de redes, 501-1.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/2/2020

"Microsoft PowerPoint - By Abraham Chongkit"

Comentarios: So far my overall experience with MS Project is a little more unique then expected and I would probably prefer more clarification on its compatibility and uses from Microsoft and their retail agents around the world before purchasing. The installation was pretty straight forward and I have not had any issue in regards to the application functionalities, and features. However, it did take me long to learn how to use MS Project and I would probably suggest that the help and instructional features could be adjusted to accommodate other users similar to my situation.

Puntos a favor: The great thing I like most about MS Project is that it's interface is quiet similar to that of other MS Office products, such as MS Excel. This familiarity gives me the confidence that the product I am about to use, is very similar to other MS Office products that I use on a daily basis. MS Project integrates well with Office 365 which allows me the space that I need to work remotely from anywhere when I'm outside the office, at home or sitting at a cafe having coffee while working on a task. Even when there is no internet connection, MS Project still works perfectly offline because it is a desktop application after all and your files are stored locally which allows ease of access when you need them. In addition to the user friendly interface of MS Project and its well designed features, I also love the built in templates that come with MS Project which is ready for use when I need it. The various templates have different themes and natures which gives you the flexibility to chose from according to the task you are trying to accomplish.

Contras: The least thing I liked about MS Project is that it took me a while to get used to the menus, and features such as the interface when i first started. It took a lot of practice and further research on how to use the product faster and efficiently because my first impression is that MS Project was not really user-friendly at the beginning. I think MS Project is a bit expensive and you need to plan and make an effective decision before you purchase the full license, and the reason I say this is because if you're a small business with a small budget then you can only afford a handful of user licenses, which means if your business will scale up in the future, then you have to purchase more user licenses to accommodate growth. Another con with MS Project that I found out is that it is only compatible with computers installed with the Windows operating system and you need to install the full licensed version to start using the full features of the application. I normally work remotely and I need an application that is compatible with other mobile devices such as android, apple iOS and Linux. I am unsure if MS Project can accommodate under these circumstances according to the application prerequisites and requirements of use for MS Project.

• Publicado el 16/2/2020
Hani V.
project management
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/10/2019

"enterprise project management (EPM) system"

Comentarios: Microsoft project is a famous and old tool for planning and controlling projects. I’ve used MSP in different IT and construction projects. It has almost all the necessary features for a project team. Project scheduling, cost management, resource management, risk management and portfolio management are some of its features. Also Earned value management (EVM) provide different Indicators for project evaluation. You could add custom field and formula to project based on your requirements.
For a year we implement this Microsoft solution on SharePoint site and we use it as an enterprise project management (EPM) software. It use SQL Server as database. Network project management was a great new experiment. In project web app (WPA) you could define different access level for project team and assign task to them. We also use Microsoft power BI and power view for designing charts and diagram to control the project status. It is also possible to use Microsoft Nintex as a workflow engine to implement simple processes on your team.

Puntos a favor: As a Microsoft tools it has a great integration with other MS solution as name above, but it’s hard to integrate with externals apps.

Contras: MSP is a classic project management tools that support different standard for project management, like PMBoK. But it’s not a tool for agile project management such as Scrum and Kanban.

• Publicado el 15/10/2019
Joshua M.
Process Optimization Analyst
Impresión, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 10/4/2019

"The Project Management Tool for the Microsoft Power User"

Comentarios: Overall, Microsoft Project does a really good job of allowing experienced project managers to create complex project plans for both large and small teams. The platform offers extensive schedule and resource management - enabling teams to accurately allocate their resources in order to achieve maximum efficiencies. My experience with Project has been positive. I work in a small to mid-sized team that creates implementation plans for customer recommendations. I have enjoyed the synergies that working with other Microsoft tools provides. Furthermore, Project has enabled me to be effective in those pursuits. It definitely takes some time to learn more complicated aspects of the program - but that time and training and can really benefit a team.

Puntos a favor: The greatest strength of Microsoft Project comes in the name. Microsoft develops some of the most popular and effective tools for modern businesses. Project integrates extremely seamlessly into the overall Microsoft ecosystem of work. This enables the platform to truly maximize on all the efficiencies created by keeping your work within one platform. Project also does a fantastic job of allocating and scheduling resources. Furthermore, identifying critical paths for a project is relatively straight forward. Project managers can do specific call outs for key steps along the way as well. There are also a lot of additional benefits for project that help the quality of life for anyone in control of a project.

Contras: Project is a complicated piece of technology. While creating initial project plans seem easy, there are so many features of project that not only go unnoticed - but also can be incredibly cumbersome to learn and master. An additional pain point that I have experienced has related to working on multiple project resources while also viewing the Gantt chart. Finally, sharing a project also holds its own difficulties as well - as users must have Project installed on their own device.

• Publicado el 10/4/2019
Cesar C.
Docente asociado
Educación superior, 501-1.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 31/8/2018

"Manager for the control and development of projects of great impact in the company"

Comentarios: Based on the experience of the use of the tool, the organizational capacity is more efficient and effective in each task, as well as the security and the status of the results offered by each member of the project. Another element to highlight is communications and how this allows improving the flow of information, thus improving the willingness of managers to take corrective action at the best times.

Puntos a favor: Of the positive things that Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management has, is that you can use a driver prioritization module to develop workshops in which executives openly discuss the issue importance of each business controller and thus be able to prioritize the strategies according to the established objectives. that's why it's an advantage to be able to prioritize commercial drivers at any level
within the organizational hierarchy Another element to highlight is the tool's management capabilities, which helps to capture the resource requirements at the beginning of the project's life cycle and all the programmed activities, providing visibility, certainty and assertive predictions about the demand future and the best thing is that it can be accessed from any device available to the members of the company.

Contras: One of the difficulties is the development of the chronogram of the different projects and the information that is offered to the teams involved in the different projects, as well as the possibility of associating one or more plans for the execution of the project and a baseline for the project. supervision, development and management and thus be able to generate changes in the various levels in a corrective manner. In addition, the implementation of the schedule change and operational capacity is difficult and prevents providing the project teams with an updated map for the execution of their tasks and therefore the delivery of a new baseline to verify progress and manage the change programmed by the bosses.

• Publicado el 31/8/2018
Stever jose G.
PMO
51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/7/2018

"Be able to have a clear vision, vision and control to make decision"

Comentarios: Have the possibility to manage the resources, projects carptera from the initiative or idea cycle to the process and project closure. and the collaboration in external offices with the executors or other leaders is very useful to measure impacts and make decisions.

Puntos a favor: Since we implemented it, which is quite easy, it is enough to have a 2010 project server and a professional project for the stations all in collaboration with a sharepoint farm. The implementation process took a couple of months to adjust the configurations and to be able to obtain the greatest possible potential of the solution.
in general we could use the graphs and diagrams in order to measure and make correct decisions to be applied in each case
the collaborative work increased to have a better follow-up of the tasks and be able to finalize or inform some deviation in time of each project
The support of the provider was very specialized for when we had to resort in some cases to the implementation and uses of the platform.
a great functionality was to be able to create project templates without having to go through the process of creating formulas within each file, something that is optional for each use but in ours we had formulas applied to be able to measure specific calculations that we needed.
Roi's early measurements were accurate in a high percentage which helped to clarify the landscape of the project area.

Contras: It is a very expensive solution, for which not all companies are willing to invest, not only in the platform but in the hours of R & D that the team must use to manage it, maintain it and work on the solution.
Another point is that it is not multiplatform and this in the cases that are needed is important to evaluate it or keep it in mind.
It has many features and it is a bit difficult to be an expert because of the number of functionalities that you have and you end up resorting to conventional methods because it is cumbersome to know where to find them.

• Publicado el 26/7/2018
Israel jose A.
Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting)
  • Publicado el 6/5/2018

"Is a valuable project management resource suitable for projects of any size"

Comentarios: Since I have been using Microsoft Project, allows me to quickly adapt proposals and ideas into organized projects. This very helpful when I need to present proposals because I can give a solid overview of the project's idea, estimate, in the early stage, and to control during the execution, all the resources and manage and predict risks. The linkages, not only are easy to use but also help me when dealing with complex tasks. During presentations, the Gannt window allows me to show timelines versus the lines of tasks and clarify any doubt and even make corrections. I am a fan of the shortcuts, and filters, they help me to zoom over critical points. I really appreciate the fact that I can import and Export tasks in excel formats, it makes my daily work and reporting very easy.

Puntos a favor: For any user used to Microsoft's Software Family, the interface and tabs of the software will be very easy to understand and to use. The drag and drop function for schedule makes it easy to modify any resource. It has the most important features that any project management software can have and It is very useful that you can track all the necessary changes, manpower loading, deviations on time, and costs to complete the daily project managing tasks, provide baselines, and formulate all the necessary estimations. The Gantt Chart provides a graphical overview of the whole project and combined with the reports and striking graphics make it easier to understand and present the planning and evaluation strategy. If not the time to start a project from the scratch MPP comes with a very powerful set of templates. Indisputably MPP becomes an ideal first choice for any project manager.

Contras: The first I must say is that you need a strong background in project management theory (critical path method, evaluation techniques and so on) in order to master Microsoft Project and smoothly use all the features and capabilities of the software without having a complex learning curve. Besides, it's not an intuitive program so it is adviced taking a training course, but yes, you can learn to use it by yourself by dedicating hours and discipline. In the other hand, you need to consider the size of your project and company, and considering that it is a monthly subscription (including access to the cloud) that you should pay for every user, it can end up being relatively expensive at the end of the month. The integration with externals apps is null so you need to do it manually. And well, there are some formatting issues, is really complicated sometimes and printed results are not always what is expected.

• Publicado el 6/5/2018
Hessel F.
PMO
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 25/2/2018

"Essential for all users of MS Project who have multiple project files that share common resources"

Comentarios: The benefits to the organization have been phenomenal! Prior to the implementation of PPM it was impossible to see what individual team members were doing. The team leaders were 'king' and could do what they liked and when they liked. Our aim in implementing the product was to preserve existing process but to take the planning and execution of tasks to a new level. We found it easy to use although there was a bit of a learning curve. We had a challenge on implementing as, for some reason, there was a bug in MS Project. It took about six months to stabilize the site but once it was stable, the problem didn't return. For those who are interested, in our case it was due to not having service pack 2 installed. The challenge once we started using it, was to get management to appreciate the fact that accurate, real time reports could be generated and that they would be of immense benefit to them. It took a while until they realized it but once they did, the idea took off and requests flowed in for more views (reports) showing different aspects of the data. We use the product to track tasks of resources located outside the IT division which was also an innovation that needed time to be absorbed. The philosophy had always been that the team leader was assigned the task and that he/she would delegate it to the team members. With the browser version, resources could see their tasks, update % complete and the project manager could instantly see what was happening. This turned team meetings into shorter, more focused events as there was no need to review tasks.

Puntos a favor: I like the way you can use it for managing resources. It is very easy to assign resources to multiple projects and to see resource assignments and resource capacity. I use resource assignments in PPM to report project progress and I find the reports easier to understand and more meaningful that the reports that generated in standalone MS Project. I also use this resource assignment ability to slice and dice data so that I can see slipped tasks, tasks that have not started, tasks with no deadlines, grouped tasks per release etc. The sky is the limit! The web-based facility means that resources can see their tasks without needing to have MS project installed on their computers and they also don't need to have any knowledge of MS Project. This makes it easy to deploy in a big organization where there may be budget constraints.

Contras: It hasn't kept the pace with competitor projects and the various new releases don't differ substantially with previous ones. Here are a few things I don't like. I know it asks for only one, but I'd like to share some of the challenges. * You can't send messages to resources from within tasks
* There is no place for discussion in a task apart from Notes, which are cumbersome and you can't then search for text in the note.
* You can't sort the list of files backed up. That makes restoring files a bit of a challenge as you need to be really careful before you restore a file.
* After all this time, the product is still not stable and there are still intermittent bugs to which there don't seem to be any solutions.
* the filter capability of the views is limited and you can't use brackets.

• Publicado el 25/2/2018
Jose de jesus R.
Gerencia de Área Plataforma Tecnológica
  • Publicado el 19/6/2018

"My experience in Microsoft PPM, a tool for the control of Projects in an efficient way"

Comentarios: I would recommend it extensively because it is useful to the final user, to be able to know the tool before it can be acquired and to know the opinion of a true user who takes advantage of each component every day, I am very pleased to participate in this program and thus contribute my experience.

Puntos a favor: Generally within the environment where I perform this tool is very useful, because your way of organizing work is excellent, to me as a professional in the area of technology adds incredible benefits, allows me to see tasks in a single presentation, resources, project execution times, remaining time, as well as progress, at the management level it has the advantage of making the most accurate decisions regarding reallocation of resources, time and other elements that intervene in the projects that I control from my area. It is great as all the work team that is under my charge is integrated to the use of this tool and we can be synchronized under the same objectives of the institution.

Contras: Despite being a great tool for project control, there is no way to measure the productivity of the work team or individually, this would help a lot or a lot to give the incentives to achieve jointly, departmentally or individually, even more when you want to highlight the merits of the team. Likewise, the cost of this tool for a medium or small company would be difficult to acquire or would be underused since in small environments the management of the projects would not have as many elements.
However, I am very pleased with the kindnesses I have found in it.

• Publicado el 19/6/2018
Majid S.
Freelancer
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 11/9/2019

"General porous Project Management tool"

Comentarios: General porous Project Management tool and not applicable in the complicated projects

Puntos a favor: Windows application is really user-friendly. I love the recurring task facility for creating repetitive tasks without the need of creating each task separately. Supporting the different relationship between tasks including FS. SS, SF, and FF

Contras: I wished it supports backward resource-leveling. It doesn't support the whole areas of the project management body of knowledge including Quality management and risk management in the best way.

• Publicado el 11/9/2019
Hans L.
Account Supervisor/Project Manager
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/10/2016

"The best project management tool in the industry!"

Comentarios: Microsoft Project is undoubtedly one of the best project management tool in the industry, whether you are working on projects in different fields such as IT, Marketing, Finance, Construction, etc. As long as I can remember, MS Project has been helping me deliver projects successfully. It's a software that is ideal for collaborating with my team and it aids in effective planning as well as allocation of resources. Probably the best feature of this program is the resource management aspect of it notably the workload tracking with everyone involved (team members, client, and vendors). I normally use the Gantt Chart view since this is the easiest to work with and most common as well. I don't think I've ever worked with an easier software that can do simple changes such as linking multiple dependencies. In addition, this is more visually intuitive and you can easily manipulate the shape and colors of the bars (this is very helpful when dealing with multiple tasks). Overall, this software is definitely one of the top ones out there. It takes a lot of practice to get used to it but having templates (especially the ones specific to your company/industry or whenever you are working on similar projects with identical deliverables [ease of use = tasks are populated]). One good advice for people who are interested in project management: learn this software early one if possible. I know many universities teach the MS Project basics.

Puntos a favor: Ease of use, visually presentable (especially when dealing with many tasks), most common software in the industry

Contras: It takes some time to learn the software so it can be intimidated to new users

• Publicado el 7/10/2016
Dario V.
CTO
Software informático, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/3/2020

"This is the reference for Project Planning but you might find better options"

Comentarios: I used this product at a large bank and they used this to keep track of every.single.thing. developers did, so it was really time consuming updating everything on a daily basis. PMs had a nightmare maintaining everybody's schedule and making little changes to the plans so they would adjust to minor variations and unexpected stuff. The bank had build an automation engine for Project so every file was crunched by it and used to calculate everything from bugdet updates to productity bonuses. It was really a grim time when some tool told you the bonus wouldn't be available to you in the current quarter.

Puntos a favor: Microsoft Project is the 200-pound gorilla that most enterprises use, mainly because their companies already have all the Office bundle and this software might come included. Make no mistake, this is a compelling and thorough piece of software, but sometimes it's a little overkill for simple, quick tasks (like sketching a project while it's being pitched) and it really focus on being a good-for-everyone without much emphasis on usability or friendliness. Other newer options have emerged in the last years, so there's a big possibility that you could find exactly the software for your needs on a cheaper, even free option. On the plus side, MS Project supports really giant plans, as well as collaborative efforts and automation. The fact that it can be automated through code written in C# might be its more appealing feature for enterprises and large companies.

Contras: Like most MS software lately, this can be a memory and CPU hog. It really has tons of features so finding the right tool can be time-consuming. The usability could be much better, especially for my use case which is quick prototyping of projects in order to create budgets and proposals.

• Publicado el 18/3/2020
Software Engineer
Hostelería, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/12/2018

"MS Project Review"

Comentarios: With Microsoft project Manager my company can complete weekly and monthly milestones; we are changing our web-based applications for Hospitality Business Intelligence tool and using Microsoft project Manager we can accomplish deadlines and make our product better and clients happy. More and more issues are getting resolved faster with using Microsoft project Manager because we can tackle those daily tasks at hand. Microsoft project Manager is easy to share the project within our organization and anyone can edit it.

Puntos a favor: Microsoft project Manager is one of the best suitable software for getting customizable reports for any project. I am able to create milestones, goals, and set timelines within my department at work to complete daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks. If in an event I have to move a task over Microsoft project Manager can determine automatically how long the milestone will be completed based on the due dates and timelines. Microsoft project Manager comes with the Microsoft Office Subscription, but that is only if you purchase the full or pro version. Moreover, Microsoft project Manager makes projects organization very easy and quickly make positive impact is business problems and management.

Contras: Microsoft project Manager can take time to learn and get adapted to different features of the product; Secondly, the product is pricy Microsoft project Manager does come standalone, but included in the pro version of Office is actually cheaper, the standalone can cost a lot.

• Publicado el 15/12/2018
Lilians C.
Especialista en proyectos de inversión
  • Publicado el 24/5/2018

"I think it is a very efficient software, it has been an indispensable tool to plan my projects."

Comentarios: It has brought me many benefits, among them it has allowed me to plan my projects in a faster way, since with this tool I can take control of the execution time and the budget with a clearer and more global vision, it has been a tool for me great utility and has more functions than those used daily.

Puntos a favor: The software has several advantages, mainly it organizes my projects in a more complete way, because before using it to my Excel plans, with the difference that Project has daily the progress of the project with graphs and diagrams for a faster analysis, Without exceeding the available budget, also plan from small to large projects with the great advantage that I can link them or work them separately. I find it interesting that the project control allows to save the line of the original project to compare it with the modifications that are made in time. On the other hand you can save the file in other formats to facilitate printing.

Contras: In my personal opinion Project is not easy to use for beginners, initially I found it a bit complicated for the basics of the program, even for other more advanced functions it should be easier, for example at first I did not understand because Project sometimes my activities with a duration in decimals even when I assigned him the full day. I think it could be used by students as a tool to plan their activities so that later in the professional field they are more familiar with the software, but for that it must be more user friendly.
On the other hand, I think that its biggest disadvantage is that the activation of the license is a bit expensive.

• Publicado el 24/5/2018
Susan A.
Sr. Manager-Business Operations
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 24/7/2019

"It ensures the full management and productivity of the projects."

Comentarios: For me , it has already saved me tons of time and allows me to be more productive and able to manage the projects in a quicker way. We can easily mold a rough draft of our work into something much more valuable and viable with the help of this tool. It has allowed me to perform various operations of managing my tasks in a much better way.

Puntos a favor: Microsoft Project Management offers the most easy and viable solutions to sort out our daily routines tasks and implements a total calculated solutions for our projects. We can input the required info and get the detailed and visually aid solutions for our projects. We can easily view progress better, collaborate in an efficient way. We can easily set out tasks and keeps a thorough surveillance of our work. It allows us to make decisions independently.

Contras: In order to gain full advantage of this tool, one should have a fine knowledge of using this tool. So it requires a training and sound knowledge of operating the management tool. Just because of its complex operations, one can have difficulty in operating it. The overall license purchasing expense is a bit higher and it gets bit difficult for us to measure the overall productivity of the projects.

• Publicado el 24/7/2019