Sobre Geotab

Geotab es un proveedor líder a nivel mundial de tecnología telemática integral de alta calidad que incluye los dispositivos y software GO.

Descubre más sobre Geotab

Software was ok but like complicate it at first. Not very user friendly but had good integration with ELD in trucks.

Contras:

It is hard to navigate and hard to understand.

Valoraciones de Geotab

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio
3,9

Probabilidad de recomendación

Geotab tiene una valoración global de 4,0 estrellas sobre 5 según las 22 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Geotab antes?

Filtrar opiniones (22)

Islenny N.
Islenny N.
Ingeniero de Soporte en República Dominicana
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Geotab hacer mucho con poco

5 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Una vez que interactuas con la plataforma, te das cuenta del potencial que puedes adquirir y la informacion que se puede obtener. todo es On cloud, lo que facilita entrar a Mygeotab, desde Laptops, PC, Tablet, Smartphone. La empresa SMART ofrece soporte post venta lo que garantiza, en funcionamiento optimo del dispositivo, solo se debe configurar que Kpi nos interesa supervisar (control de combustible, tipo de manejos, seguridad, velocidad, entre otros) y tenerlos supervisados gracias a los repotes que se generan y puedes enviar via email.

Instalacion sencilla dependiendo del tipo de vehículo. Dispositivo compatible con todos los vehículos (ligeros, carga, pesados). Plataforma incluida (No se paga extras). App gratuita para los gestores de flotas. Supervision de conducción. Detection de colisiones (nada se escapa).

Contras:

Algunas funcionalidades adicionales que son extras, aunque como viene es de mucha utilidad, se aprovecha el 100% de lo ofrecido.

Fleet Manager en EE. UU.
Petróleo y energía, 201-500 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Lots of Data, but Requires Dedicated Personnel

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We were able to become compliant with the new E-Log mandate using GeoTab as well as drive a more safer fleet with employees that understood accountability was inevitable every time they got behind the wheel.

The features on the dashboard are similar to what other competitors offer, but the layout is much more user friendly. The drop downs are more organized and the navigation to different fields is smooth. I also liked the very near to real time updates to the gps locations and the ability to pull data from the vehicle's ECM such as CEL, hours, and seat belt status.

Contras:

Due to the vast amount of data at you finger tips its very difficult to monitor all crucial aspects as well as maintain additional responsibilities if your position requires it. I would recommend a dedicated role to benefit from the full capabilities of the software.

Kelly K.
Safety Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Hope to see Geotab get better

3 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Electronic logging devices are new to our industry and of course we know there are so many new issues we are experiencing and a learning curve as well. The old problems went away with ELD's but new ones have come up that must be addressed. With each new update to the Geotab program, the device gets better and better. On a whole I would say troubleshooting has been hard, communicating with the program developers/management. Issues we have come across are not taken seriously unless you have gone through so many steps to troubleshoot half of your day is shot with one truck/driver. We are lucky if that takes a day. We have had issues take weeks. It is very micro management intense. I am looking forward to updates everyday as those elusive program developers get it right once in a while...

Since my company leases the trucks we use, and the leasing company has gone to Geotab for the ELD of their choice. We chose this to keep drivers ease of transition from our truck to the sub truck when ours is in the shop for maintenance. The driver can use any smart device to log in to the Geotab app. This has worked pretty good. Some like their smart phones and others like to use the tablets installed in our trucks.

Contras:

We do not like the structure the Geotab company goes by. Beware who you buy from and use as your provider as anybody can provide this service and they are only as good as they want to be. Find somebody who has a great customer service reputation. We would also want you to be aware there is a disconnect between software engineers and customer needs. We as a customer, are at their mercy and we get caught up between the regulations we have to follow and a software support that will ghost you when you are having issues.

Leann G.
Leann G.
DOT Compliance Lead en EE. UU.
Petróleo y energía, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

5 years of extensive and "joyful" experience with Geotab. Resource material galore & user friendly!

5 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Currently, we are looking into the ability to locate a driver by employee ID when they go "off duty "in HOS.
Previously, in 2021, the Geotab customer service representative who oversees the company account conducted an onsite training/refresher with the DOT team at which time the DOT manager inquired about a way to separate light duty vehicles from regulated tractors this was a time-consuming stressor. The inquiry was addressed and resolved that same day! Huge time and money saver for the company! Geotab has stellar customer service from the initial inquiry, the resolution and always a follow up for any feedback the customer may want to provide. In person, a phone call , or an email ..Geotab will take great care of you .

The plethora of resources that Geotab offers are outstanding! Geotab resources include YouTube (check out Wild Card Wednesdays, subscribe to their blog, their online community, newsletters, webinars, how-to videos and more! The resources are what I like and admire most.

Contras:

Honestly, I cannot state that I have any cons. I suppose I can admit that it takes a minute to adjust when my interface changes. Human nature, not a software con.

Patrick E.
Head of Applications en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Very smooth transition from legacy provider wonderful support and partnership

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Very smooth transition, we migrated from a much larger and expensive system over to Geotab. Installation took a little time and we did have 3 dead units arrive but they were quickly swapped out for new ones. Overall the installation for certain trucks did require removal of dashboards however the majority of the trucks were a quick and easy plug and play.

Very easy to navigate, cloud based system with scalable features and reporting that allow me to better manage our fleet and a various number of metrics that each user can add or remove to suite their own needs.

Contras:

Support up front at time of sale and roll out was great but slowly fell off after the fact. Training was lacking, there are a lot of videos on youtube for self training however we would have preferred a more direct hands on approach. This is not due to the product itself however, this is due to the reseller of Geotab as they only sell through distributors.

Chelsea H.
Analyst en EE. UU.
Dispositivos médicos, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great hardware, software is a little old-school but immensely feature-heavy

3 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We could not have had so much success with our Fleet Management project without MyGeotab. We picked them because of their integrate-ability and large list of features. We have grown from 1 to 8 vehicles in the last couple of years and could not keep up without a real system. We have direct access to real-time vehicle location, get instant notification of policy violations (we didn't even have policies beforehand), and can run reports to help us make more informed business decisions regarding the fleet. Our experience with our re-seller, unfortunately, was unpleasant but that is irrelevant to the system's performance and functionality. (TIP: You can always contact Geotab Support directly if your reseller is clueless.) Nonetheless we still have been able to successfully implement the system and have already seen a significant ROI.

MyGeotab has enabled our small fleet management team to more easily gain vital insights into the health and safety of our fleet (about 10 vehicles). The feature-set is immense and very broad - it can be daunting when you first get your fleet set up. We have been able to set custom rules and triggers that have allowed us to match our fleet policy. These rules, such as instant notification of speeding violations or engine codes (via Geotab Hardware), have saved us money and time in vehicle repairs and downtime.

Contras:

Geotab is a titan in the industry; they're the biggest name out there and they know it. However, they have lost their focus on usability. This application, for those unfamiliar with Fleet Management systems or new to the industry, is quite difficult to adopt. Fortunately, their direct Support is great (we had a troublesome, confused re-seller) and they have an expansive knowledgebase with videos and guides. We use this system in conjunction with Fleetio (direct integration!), and the difference in usability is overwhelming. I actually set up our system so that we never have to log in to MyGeotab because it's so darn hard to use and reconfigure.

John P.
Director of Transportation en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 501-1.000 empleados

GPS software

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: We have been satisfied with GeoTab, but I am not sure that we would purchase again, if the need arises. We have over 70 vehicles on the product. The mbile app has been very helpful for our mechanics and dispatchers when they are out of the office. It does what we need it to do, but I think it could be more user friendly.

The product does what it is supposed to do--no more and no less. The customer service is OK. It does get a little confusing for our use because we have this synced with our Routing and Planning software. The reporting is pretty powerful and most importantly spot on accurate. The mobile app is good.

Contras:

The best way to describe the reporting is that it is a perishable skill with this software. We have always been able to get what we needed--but if you don't use it on a regular basis, it is difficult to figure out how to manipulate the data that you need. I don't know that I would call the product user friendly as compared to others that I have seen.

President en EE. UU.

Quick Implementation/No Contract

3 hace 3 años

Comentarios: If you are looking for a quick and easy ELD with no commitment Geotab is your huckleberry. If you want a pretty highly captivating platform that will engage drivers and staff no so much. It menu based not icon based which is hard for users in this ultra clicky world.

No contract!!! Hardware is inexpensive and implementation is quick. And no commitment. It’s cheap enough you can keep a couple extra on hand just in case. Which is nice.

Contras:

It’s not as user friendly as other platforms. It gets the job done but has a bear bones feel. There is a lot of functionality but you have to dig. If you aren’t a big company you don’t get your own customer rep. So you just leave a message and wait for the sales rep to call back. Ours was super responsive but it would all depend on his work load.

Dispatch Specialist en EE. UU.
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 201-500 empleados

So far it is Okay

4 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We have only been using this software for a few months and it has a hard learning curve. It could be great with some updating.

I like the fact that it is very easy to see where my drivers are at any time. I like that you can see when the drivers are speeding or harsh braking. I like that we have the ability to go back and track where a driver has been.

Contras:

I am not crazy about the reports section of the software. It is hard to navigate and hard to understand. My Geotab needs to take a serious look and the ease of utilizing all of the software, not just the map portion.

Kelly S.
Telematics Administrator en EE. UU.
Petróleo y energía, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Amazing Service and System

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I love our WEX team, and the assistance we get when we need it. They are the best retailer! Any issues I have had were reconciled quickly. I think Geotab does amazing things for our fleet, and the open API is also great!

I love the ease of use, the website, and the data. The Driver Scorecard are great! We currently use this in over 2k light duty units and I am extremely thrilled we have it.

Contras:

I would like to see the ability to deactivate FOBS.

Jennifer P.
oppurtunities coordinator en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 11-50 empleados

nice but hard to use

3 hace 2 años

Comentarios: i think they are fine for what we use it for but I wish their search options were better and less hidden

I love being able to see my techncians driving or stopped that way I know if I can call them or not. I like the accuracy on knowing where they are and how long they have been sitting for.

Contras:

i hate searching addresses or seeing how far away a tech is from their destination. It is hidden and hard to use.

Ayren A.
VP en EE. UU.
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Not worth the money spent

3 el año pasado

Comentarios: My overall experience was not good since I expected a better customer service and better software for the price I was paying

Contras:

Customer service was horrible. Every time I had to deal with them, I couldn't get an answer to my question. They will put me on hold and sometimes calls had to be escalate it

I.T. Support Technician en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Cool Functions. Bad Customer Support.

4 hace 3 años

The software is explanatory and we are able to monitor everything we want to in regards to drivers and vehicles. We can set up alerts and notifications, about things that happen, to keep us on track with our safety goals.

Contras:

We have been trying to get our accounts merged into a single master account for over a year. No matter how often we reach out or try to move forward we still don't see progress.

Adam F.
Region Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Great product. Has saved us a lot of trouble

5 hace 5 años

The ease of use and that we can see where our vehicles are at anytime. Great for tracking maintenance for your vehicle.

Contras:

Not 100% accurate. Does not always show catch the actual road speed. I think it needs updating with actual road speeds.

Mike G.
IT Tech en EE. UU.
Construcción, 1.001-5.000 empleados

False positives

4 hace 3 años

I like to track vehicles and see alerts for when drivers are breaking the rules.

Contras:

A bunch of false positives from slamming doors and the system thought the vehicle was in a crash. Also speeding false positives when gps signals bounce from tower to tower.

Jeffrey S.
Transit Supervisor en Canadá

Transit Integration

3 hace 2 años

Comentarios: been trying to learn all features

live location and tracking of buses, history,speeds, cornering

Contras:

cant communicate, can i text message? dont know how to alter vehicle number or highlight bus routes on the map

James P.
Business Manager en EE. UU.
Organización de eventos, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Great Tool for Fleet Management

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Geotab is an excellent way to track and monitor your drivers. It monitors all the analytics on the truck as well as the drivers DOT hours and ontime logs. this is a great tool.

Plenty of details and graphs for everything critical to your business

Contras:

Can be a bit cumbersome at times trying to fix different DOT violations if there is a driver error.

Brenda S.
Controller en EE. UU.
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 51-200 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Geotab

5 hace 3 años

This product offers a lot of different features. Our company has used it to alert drivers to potential bad driving habits. This has resulted in savings on insurance and vehicle maintenance.

Contras:

I can't think of a con. It is easy to use and the cost is offset by actual savings in other areas.

Kyle P.
Senior Safety Advisor en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

This tracking device is loaded with features to better track fuel consumption, regular service dates

5 hace 4 años

It has a high refresh rate while tracking vehicles, sends engine faults, easy installation process, instantly synchronizes engine data.

Contras:

Due to the fact that there are so many features the operating platform takes a while to get used to.

Yasser A.
CEO en Arabia Saudí
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado

Plug&Play

5 hace 7 años

Comentarios: our experience with Geotab is amazing. It is a simple plug and play ODB that provide secure and reliable information through there amazing online portal Checkmate. The risk management tool at checkmate is really good to compare the driver scorecard with other drivers and can be used for bonuses and competition between drivers.

Respuesta de GEOTAB

hace 7 años

Thank you for sharing your positive experience using our MyGeotab software (formally known as Checkmate). Also, it's great to know that the scorecard is working well for you and your organization.

Matt G.
Owner en EE. UU.

Unprofessional tech

1 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Terrible so far

They have sent a device with suspended sim and they can’t seem to understand nor fix the problem, literally spend 5 hours on the phone and finally they can’t fix the problem and order a new device, very ignorant customer service

Contras:

Customer service they don’t know what they are doing behind their screen

David E.
CEO en EE. UU.
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado

Best Telematics Solution Ever

5 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Flexibility and Reliability in 360 dregrees, describes the solution. Hardware, Software and the extanssion capabilities whith third part solutions defines the wide range of application in fleets

Respuesta de GEOTAB

hace 8 años

Thank you for the glowing review! We are so pleased to hear that the solution matches your needs from all angles.