15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre OfficeTools

Gracias a la combinación de paneles y entrada de datos en una única pantalla, los usuarios disfrutan de una experiencia única donde todo está a un solo clic.

Descubre más sobre OfficeTools

I like that it works with QuickBooks and Lacerte. I like the reports that it offers in order to track performance and efficiency.

Contras:

The Lacerte software integration did not work very well.

Valoraciones de OfficeTools

3,9
Relación calidad-precio
3,7

Probabilidad de recomendación

OfficeTools tiene una valoración global de 4,1 estrellas sobre 5 según las 197 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado OfficeTools antes?

Filtrar opiniones (197)

Jair
Jair
Márketing y publicidad en Bolivia
Diseño gráfico, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Muy bueno para organizar y acomodar los proyectos

5,0 el año pasado

Nos ofrece múltiples herramientas que podemos tenerlas para organizar archivos de proyectos en la empresa desde gestión, información y seguimiento de clientes. Lo mejor es que podemos utilizarlo de forma online en la web. Office Tools es bastante útil para llevar la empresa por un camino organizado.

Contras:

Le faltaría mejorar en algunos aspectos, estaría mejor si lo complementaran con algún editor de imágenes, ya que es algo complicado el hecho de poner imágenes de forma fácil y poder moverlas para mejorar la organización de los documentos.

Lyndsey
Lyndsey
Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Office Tools has streamlined our office, we now only use 1 program where we used to use three.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Everything is in one place. I can track the progress of projects that co workers are doing, so when someone calls and can tell quicker where we are on there return or other accounting service.

Can add To Do's in program for reminders to do several things. Keep track of appointments easily. Documents are easy to find. Can add notes about clients. Can track status of projects and set due dates. Can send documents out for esignatures securely and its easy for clients to sign and return.

Contras:

Wip and A/R balances don't match from end of month to beginning of next month. When adding Wip to invoices, system writes off balance to zero instead of showing profit if billed amount is still over the amount of WIP on bill. Documents for business clients is harder to sort, employees like to have folders.

Cathleen
Fuente de la reseña

Office Tools "was" the next best thing. Honest review: I have "loves" and "hates"

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The portals are easier for my customers to use than my old portal product.
Customer service: none unless they can sell you more product or $$. Often times unresponsive.
Billing flexibility definitely better than my old product but recurring monthly or quarterly not as automated as I would like. We found the dashboard to be very confusing and counter productive as far as tasks, appointments and to-do items, my staff was still keeping spreadsheets of their projects for clarity. Too many extra steps required to completely clear something from your view of things to do. free-flow document management took a bit to get used to over windows folder structure, but very manageable. We have actually now split into two different products as we wanted beefier document management tools. Calendar connecting with exchange was a hot mess.

There are a lot of things I love about this software and it was a vast improvement 3 years ago over what I was using. Love: Project tracking, although not as complete as we would like - we have actually left for one that has a more Kan Ban style visual approach, with the ability to tag colored status tags on a project as it moves through the process. Love: Billing: select all time entries related to a project to mark up and bill, or bill all out marked up for a monthly subscription client. Love: ability to link charge card processing both to portal and to invoice. Love - time reports for easy payroll processing. My clients love the portals.

Contras:

Hate: document management presentation - must specifically look for emails or notes related to a project: have since moved to a product that has a chat-style interface perfect for a remote workforce. Hate: could never get project reports to print everything I needed. Matter of filters. I will give them the benefit and say perhaps I didn't learn that part well enough. Hate: tech support used to be terrible before they were bought out, has improved but still not great. I may now be really spoiled by the product I moved to - response sometimes within minutes. Hate: BEWARE: their contract has auto renewal without positive confirmation from user. I left them because I spent countless hours with their tech support, and many many $$ in tech support, and by their own admission, it was an issue they were aware of, and nothing to be done about . Now they want to charge me for the entire year and not let me out of it, unless I spend countless more time and $$ to try to resolve the issue that they already know they could not resolve. We have been receiving an error message when logging in for months. They know about it. Yes, you can just click through it and log in, but it is another annoyance that they are aware of yet still want to charge me for an entire year when I have limped through the last several like a dedicated customer. The ability to link my calendar in exchange to that in Office Tools was a deal maker/breaker for me.

dan
pres en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Product has gone downhill fast - no support

1,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: used for over 10 years. product is not supported by abacus (or caret). if you have a question or problem, you get foreign tech support you cannot understand. now, 90% of the time they tell you it is a training issue!

all in one crm that linked with lacerte tax software.

Contras:

support! functions offered when purchased are no longer supported. lacerte link, crexendo (voip) link. link with microsoft exchange is only work sometimes. their merchant services are terrible. document management is terrible. portal is a joke.

hace 2 semanas

Hi Dan, we're very sorry to hear that your experience with OfficeTools is not living up to your expectations. We will be sure to pass along this feedback to our team and use it to continuously improve our support services.

Janet
Bookkeeper/Office Manager en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Great productivity tool but has some issues

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It streamlined our business and made every step clear for each team member. The projects flow nicely from one person to next. Especially while we work remotely because of the Covid-19 pandemic, it allows us to work efficiently without missing a beat.

OfficeTools creators have thought of every aspect of the business and that's what we loved. Any questions that we had "can we do this or can we do that" the answer was yes. You can create projects, assignments, To Do and have it set-up anyway that works for your team. You can use it for marketing emails with groups, etc. Very well designed.

Contras:

It has glitches and it takes some time to learn how to use it. For instance, I don't need to use Lacerte, but I had to have it installed so I could use OfficeTools, otherwise, I kept getting error messages. And then, you have to make sure you are logged in to Lacerte every morning or the program won't work properly and the only way you realize that is when you are looking for an assignment or a document and you don't see it - then you inquire from your team and they say "Oh, it's there, I can see it..." then you realize you need to log back in for the software to refresh and show you everything. It doesn't notify you that Lacerte has been logged off. Also, the training module and how it works was a bit confusing for us.

Terri
Terri
Fuente de la reseña

Long term Office Tools User!

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: We have been using Office Tools for 12 years now. I cannot imagine how we functioned without it before and would not want to go back to those days. It is a very affordable and very comprehensive product. Also, it is very easy to implement and use. Our need to get support has been rare. Without hesitation, I recommend Office Tools!

Everything in one place! We have our scheduling, project and deadline management, phone call tracking, time-keeping and billing, and document management all in one place.

Contras:

There really is nothing that I don't like about Office Tools. We did try out their client portal a few years ago, and we went to Sharefile to get some added features. But, we are going to go back to try the Office Tools client portal again before the end of the year. I am hopeful it will be a great change for us.

LaFonda
LaFonda
Contabilidad
Fuente de la reseña

Really helps keep our office organized and know exactly where, when, what and why!

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We are much more organized and spend much less time trying to be organized. It has saved us time which in turn saves us money.

We love that it integrates with our Office365, that we can easily upload docs to a secure portal, get esignatures for a very low price and that it keeps track of who last touched the "file". Very impressed with being able to send email templates to clients with information we are constantly repeating, which saves an enormous amount of time.

Contras:

For an excellent program, you have to put a TON of time in getting it set up. Garbage in Garbage out means you need to have a plan. It would be nice if there was a planning tool to help guide you throught the set up process. The one hour video isn't terribly helpful. An excel spreadsheet would be wonderful, if you do this, you need to do thus kind of thing.

Russell
Russell
CEO en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Does many things, but non of them well

2,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Terrible

Purports to be an all in one practice management solution

Contras:

Clunky, inefficient, outdated, not cloud based, and hogs a ton of local computing resources - impacting every other program we run. Lacerte integration (a key reason we choose OfficeTools) is spotty and glitchy. They push ridiculously long contracts - I’m stuck in a five year contract even though I stopped using OfficeTools after four months. Their portal is very limited and doesn’t easily offer permanent access to client files. They didn’t secure their SendGrid relay properly resulting in several clients getting emails from a hacker (falsely) claiming that their data had been hacked.

Marsha
Marsha
Office Manager / Accounting Executive/Quickbooks Pro Advisor en EE. UU.

I have had an amazing experience using Office Tools

Comentarios: See my survey

The record keeping itself is worth its weight in gold. Having one software that lets you store and organize files, create and follow projects, time keeping and billing as well as schedules. I totally have become solely dependent on this one program to enable me to complete days of work into several hours. Customer support is the best. They taught me and helped me without judgement!!

Contras:

Need it to be cloud based for easier use anywhere work takes me. Pricing is a bit high for smaller clients. I would like to have all of our accounting clients using this product. I also wish the big Vegas Show was on East Coast as well.

Darshan
Darshan
Designated Hitter en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Number and Data tools for good

4,0 hace 6 años

This tool helps me to keep my daily accounting and numbers data practice run on time with so many different features like Clients time tracking, scheduling, processing signatures, mass data sharing, and easily get control on data sharing. In long term it helps us to show that where we are standing when seeing our tax returns at the end of year. Also have a good metrics in terms of dollars of where and how we are spending every day.

Contras:

Lots of functions are not used by our company. So they should give an option to the company of what tools will be used based on that payment should be decided. - Canon Scanners (We don't use canon scanners) - Portal not the way we want to organize it or modify it

Abdelrahman
CEO en Kuwait
Hardware informático, 11-50 empleados

Mostly helpful

5,0 hace 9 meses

The working get more easier than before

Contras:

Every thing is different than others It could be helpful

hace 6 meses

Abdelrahman, thank you for sharing your experience working with OfficeTools! We're happy to hear that the platform has made it easier to get work done at your firm.

Judy
Accountant en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Could be a good product but no customer service to help you realize its potential.

2,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Trying to get answers to specific questions is futile. There is no attempt to identify a problem. They are dismissive if they have never seen it before . As you show them, on your screen, what the problem is and ask for a solution you get - "you need the newest update, that will get rid of the problem" or "it is your fault" or my personal favourite - "that doesn't happen" as they watch it happening on the screen.

Love the time feature. It is easy to record the time you spend on a file. You can have multiple timers going to track clients that you have stopped working on while you answer the phone, or wait for info from them. Our billings went up 20 % immediately because we were keeping track of our time better. The project management is great as long as everyone is vigilant about tracking their files. It is a constant challenge to get employees to record the movement of a project but constant vigilance and discussion gets the point across to new staff quickly.

Contras:

There is no follow up on queries, compliments or complaints. They only call if they want to sell you more. It could be a great product if the customer service was there. Someone that will look at the problems and discuss possible solutions or a work around. But that doesn't happen so thank you Capterra for giving us alternatives to look into.

Ryan
Accountant en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

The software has the potential to be an elite program but it is grossly underdeveloped.

3,0 hace 7 años

It has all in one capabilities such as client management, time tracking, billing and payment, reports, scheduling, and document storage. The platform layout is clean and user friendly. The learning curve to its features is low to mid-range which can be credited to it's design functionality. It does utilize some integrations well such as the Dymo label printer and Drop Folders. Overall, calls to Customer Support have been adequate with at least 90% problem resolution. I do have to knock the Customer Support to 2 stars because they do not have any early morning east coast support hours. If I have an issue with Office Tools I have to wait 4 hours to reach anybody on the phone. Half of my day is now gone.

Contras:

Communication from Office Tools to its software owners is horrible. Known disruptions in services was communicated after the fact. Software updates are non-existent. As of this review, 10/19/17, there has only been 1 public release update to the software in all of 2017 (v2017.019) and that was in January. That is unacceptable. The Contact Screen has a narrow scope in what it allows for user input. I believe there are only 5 open variable fields that we can alter to collect data specific to our practice. The rest of it is dead white space underneath of it. Software only allows one taxpayer's information to be displayed on the main Contacts screen with the spouse relegated to a "More Contacts" tab. It is more efficient to have all contacts displayed on one screen. Client portal only allows for 1 contact email address. The portal is not a responsive web design and certainly not friendly to mobile devices. There are buttons in the portal that are only seen when scrolled over (Pay Now buttons on invoice tab). Payments made via a portal invoice do not sync down to the billing screen. Downloading multiple documents from the portal is inefficient. There is no "Download All" button. E-signing process is convoluted to the signer and has bugs which have not been fixed. Form letters do not give you access to all collected data variables. No user community to introduce or vote on feature requests. LinkedIn or Facebook aren't the solution.

Marion
CPA President en EE. UU.

Fine for us, for now

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I can't easily get reports I feel I should be able to get. Such as all clients who came to us in 2020. If that is possible I don't know how. I find the training to be less than helpful. I've watched videos, but they frequently don't look like the product I'm using and never seem to be to the point. If I could easily switch to another product I would likely do so. But my information is captured in Office Tools and I can't get it out and don't want to lose it. So I'm stuck.

The software does a good job of keeping our database of clients and their personal data. We use the Contacts features, Notes, ToDos, Calls and Schedule features. We do not use the other features such as Projects.

Contras:

I think it's expensive for the features we use. I think it is better suited to a larger organization who want communication among users who are not in the same office together. I have difficulty getting out letters and distinct lists of information. If you don't do those tasks very frequently you forget the process and it takes too long. As with every database it take constant and I mean constant updating. In the midst of a busy time we do not have the time to keep the database up to date so every few months I have to give a chunk of time to getting it back to rights.

michael
President en EE. UU.

Too Complicated

2,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Not happy at all, would not recommend.

Intergration with other applications like quickbooks

Contras:

To complicated to run, not user friendly at all. Poor support.

hace 4 años

Hi Michael, We are sorry to hear your experience has been less than great. We'd like to help you with any issues you are having currently. You can reach our support leadership team directly at [email protected]. Please feel free to contact them at your earliest convenience. The team will be happy to escalate your issue and get you set up for success right away. We also have a number of free resources available including weekly webinars where you can speak directly with our trainers and product experts: https://www.abacusnext.com/webinars/. We hope you'll reach out to us if you need any help with anything! Sincerely, The AbacusNext Team

Andrea
Administrative Specialist en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

The program has been great at keeping client and billing details accessible.

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Ease of reports for billing, client records, staff utilization, accounts receivable which make our office run smoother and more efficiently.

The numerous reports and ways in which to cater a report to our specific needs. For example, I can create a WIP which shows work by date, or work by employeee, or work by code. These options have all been useful for different needs. The contact lists are also versatile which helps with birthdays, phone lists, contact type lists. Form letters is useful and we have created several this past year catered to contact type.

Contras:

There have been issues with the document signature feature; months went by with giant red lettering appearing on the documents, so we could not use that feature; when the feature was fixed with a new upgrade, we were not informed of the upgrade. The email link from Outlook is not reliable and keeps stopping on two of our computers. This feature would save time and keep records straight with our clients, however, we cannot keep it connected.

Andrew
owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you all know about exceptional customer service.

4,0 hace 6 años

I'm a long time Office Tools user who was MAD when I got my renewal quote. The quote included 2 more users than our small firm has, and I misunderstood it to mean that you only offered the program with a minimum of 5 users.  The initial quote represented a 162% increase over the prior year and I was informed that the Office Tools user agreement, we would lose access to our data once the subscription expired. I immediately went shopping for alternatives.  Long story short, he was willing to work with me despite my very vocal displeasure. He was very professional and took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly, as result he helped you retain a long time customer. FYI, I'm very happy to learn that under Abacus's user agreement, we'll retain read-only access after the expiration of our subscription.

Contras:

I do not feel there are any cons worth mentioning at this time, or things I like the least about the software

Mike
Business Manager en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

We've used OfficeTools for last 3 years and find it very effective in our client relations.

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Client info concentrated in one area. Easy classification of documents/emails for later retrieval. Accountant info can be specific to Project.

Projects allow us to ensure that Corporate info, Bookkeeping info and Personal Tax info gets properly sorted. Our use of Outlook Sync also ensures that our Office365 Inbox and Sent folders are captured to client's communication. Many shared documents are quickly categorized allowing for a quick, specific search of information.

Contras:

Invoicing module currently only links to Quickbooks desktop for bookkeeping and we've been using Quickbooks Online for past 4 years. Support Team doesn't always comprehend our "real-life" situations and how we need to operate - thus leaving us not able to use OfficeTools to its full potential.

Jim
President en EE. UU.

Office Tools Support not what it used to be

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Since AbacusNext took over, things have gone down, but the Lacerte issue is not their fault.

Ease of use is the plus, but they have re-engineered their layout with the latest update.

Contras:

Integration with Lacerte and Quickbooks isn't what it used to be. Lacerte 2018 security issues have made the integration cumbersome (in all fairness it's not OTPs fault) because the sync is not a push of the button that it used to be. QB sync is also not working which is completely frustrating. Support is horrible. You call and stay on hold only to be told 10 min later to submit a ticket online. You submit a ticket online and NEVER get a call. I've gone through this three times! I can't recommend this product at this time.

Steven
Contabilidad, Trabajador autónomo

Lots of Value - Great Price

5,0 hace 7 años

I'm a sole practitioner. I've used the product for over 8 years. I mainly use the billing, due date monitoring and portal. Office Tools makes my billing process easy. I have set up standard paragraphs and just insert to complete the invoices. Due date monitoring keeps me aware of due dates and will roll forward projects when completed. I have Thomson Reuters Practice included in a subscription package for essentially no cost, but choose to continue using Office Tools as it is a straight forward robust product.

Contras:

I really don't have any "Cons" per se. On rare occasions, the software will freeze and I'll have to restart.

james
Contabilidad, 11-50 empleados

Loved it now Hate Abacus

3,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: It is costing me time and money to dispute with them.

good across the board time billing and project managment

Contras:

Abacus, software declined, they called and got new credit card and then our costs went up by four times the rate we were paying without notice. I have a dispute and they would not talk to me about it. I have a dispute into their legal department. I also put in a dispute with my credit card to stop charges as they did not let us know the charges would be more with the new company. If they don't resolve I will go somewhere else even if it cost more. I am very very upset. I would recommend you find another software.

Brad
Partner en EE. UU.
Contabilidad, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

OT brings together time & billing, project and document management, and client portal all-in-one.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: This software brought together several tools we were previously using into one seamless interface. The interface is intuitive and easy for people to learn and use.

We like that OT combines many tools into one system, including time & billing, project management, document management, and client portal. The system is very easy to use and doesn't require a lot of training for new staff. The interface is modern and the system really works well for our firm of about 40.

Contras:

There are a lot of predefined reports and filters, but we wish there was more customization available, such as a report writer feature.

Fuente de la reseña

Used to be a good product, but stay away now.

3,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: It does the job but the company that purchased and currently manages the software has turned it into a commodity. There's better options out there with better service, support, and pricing.

It has most of the features one might look for in a practice management software. Time keeping, billing, and customer data.

Contras:

Pricing triples out of the blue, customer sales and service is worse that dealing with the IRS, Tech support is typically unavailable, and a lot of quirks with how it reacts with other programs on your computer. Time for us to move on to something else.

Stacy
Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Exponentially Increased Productivity !

5,0 hace 7 años

The ability to record client contact. Having client documents at your fingertips. No more paper files to haul around. Office staff can check on the progress of a clients tax return just by looking for their name. Notes about missing documents needed to complete a tax return are right there so anyone can pick up where someone else left off.

Contras:

Could have better client reporting options. Maybe a way to bypass steps in the project to jump ahead without doing each step individually.

Doug
Accountant en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Good one stop software for an accounting firm tracking time with decent reports.

3,0 hace 7 años

Time tracking is great. The project and assignment system is a great way to organize and maintain accounting and tax clients with multiple employees. Central location for all clients, information and documents. Syncs with Lacerte tax software. We also do all invoicing through the software.

Contras:

Hasn't been updated in a long time with no new features in two years. Desktop based and they are not building a web product. Does not sync with QuickBooks Online. This is not leading edge software.