15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de Claris FileMaker

Sobre Claris FileMaker

¿Tienes un problema comercial? Soluciónalo con Claris FileMaker. Crea aplicaciones personalizadas para satisfacer necesidades comerciales únicas.

Descubre más sobre Claris FileMaker

The fact that we can alter the views for different aspects of our business is phenominal. I have trained many people on this software, and it is very user firendly and easy to use.

Contras:

It wouldn't be so bad if I could upgrade but no apparently I can't upgrade from my version to Filemaker Pro 19.

Valoraciones de Claris FileMaker

Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio
4,0

Probabilidad de recomendación

Claris FileMaker tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 201 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Claris FileMaker antes?

Filtrar opiniones (201)

Mary
Mary
Director of Education
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Obsolete Database Software - Stay Away!

2,0 hace 2 años
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
José Carlos
Administración en México
Comercio mayorista, 11-50 empleados

Facilidad para trabajo diario

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: La operación esta concentrada en este sistema

Amigable Personalizable Compatible Facilidad para crear nuevos módulos y acceso desde la web e incluso Ios

Contras:

Las actualizaciones interfieren con sistema operativo u ocasionan deje de funcionar mientras se actualiza Hace falta acceso más fácil a ayuda para usuarios

Con
Con
Data Processing Developer en Australia

FileMaker Fantastic for Professionals and Hobbyists Alike

5,0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: I've known FileMaker since version 5, and I've since never stopped feeling privileged to be working in its Rapid Development Environment where database objects such as fields, records, portals, labels, icons, relationship graphs are readily available. It is one of the best put-together software ever conceived.

There is the almost universal view that FileMaker applications are for tracking invoices, inventories, employees, club members and other human and non-human resources relating to businesses and organisations. But it is also a hobbyist's dream come true as other kinds of data processors can be created such as for note-making and planning screenplays (please visit https://notemakerdatabase.com for proof — both these data processors are offered free). In a strange way, it's these non-business applications that highlight FileMaker's incredible power as a platform for building any kind of a data processor. Only because FileMaker is incredibly customisable and highly versatile that NoteMaker and ScriptPlanner have become possible. The promotional phrase "low code" is a misnomer. The level of sophistication of NoteMaker and ScriptPlanner could never be achieved with "low code" or "no code" (ie, just click and pick). So, even though FileMaker is promoted as "low code" (to compete with internet-based database-creation software) — yes, it's true in the sense that an invoice and other business applications can be developed with little recourse to code, but — it's not a true picture of the powerful high-code capability that is FileMaker. FileMaker is what is called an All-In-One. It has the design tools to create the front-end (or the user interface), it has a superb internal programming language (aka "middleware") to create the logic and finally it has an astonishing storage capacity for data (the "backend") — here, we're talking about millions of records. As experience grows so too will your ability to create more sophisticated applications. Warning: the more you learn the more addictive FileMaker becomes. When you experience the magic of the simple Go to Layout script step, creating layouts becomes explosive. When you the learn the more complicated Loop script step, creative use for it explodes. And that's how it is: the more you learn, the more empowered you feel, the more you dare to be creative. There is a large body of professional developers who work full-time to build custom solutions for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs). So, with FileMaker comes a healthy community of skilled personnel. If you are an SME, speak to a FileMaker developer and as well as to other database providers and see what they can do to help you manage your valuable resources.

Contras:

Versions 19, 20 and new (released June 2024) version 21 have focused on empowering professional database builders to deliver and connect their systems to the cloud, network servers and mobile devices (such as smart phones and tablets) and to build more effective e-commerce websites — all at the "cost" of providing hobbyists with more functions for building (perhaps innovative) data processors in and of themselves for delivering to local hard drives of fellow hobbyists. But the full-on evolution of FileMaker in entering the greater digital world is understandable if it is to maintain competitiveness with MS's ubiquitous Access, MYOB, giant SAP and solely internet-based database-creation platforms such as Caspio and the like. By all accounts, FileMaker continues to be competitive in this crowded marketplace of solution-providers to small-to-medium businesses and organisations. But, alas, some hobbyists miss powerful functions like While(). Since v18, nothing like While() has been implemented. Instead, functions that enable greater deployment options, increased connectivity and improved websites have dominated FileMaker's evolution since v18. So headlong has FileMaker jumped into the brave new world that it has become all about empowering professional developers — rarely taking a look back to see some of the hobbyists who have been left behind.

Ben
Ben
Owner en RU
Edición, Trabajador autónomo

So many missed opportunities

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I love FileMaker as my primary CRM but the lack of integration with iCloud et al means that it cannot serve as a core part of my workflow. Right now, I'm obliged to keep my personal and business life separate which might seem fine on the surface but I would like to take advantage of Filemaker for personal projects too, which is hard right now.

Claris Filemaker is overall excellent for creating custom databases. It offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features that make it easy to design and manage databases. If you know how to use iTunes, you know how to use Filemaker. It's got power and simplicity.

Contras:

What frustrates me about FileMaker - as a freelancer - is the lack of out-of-the-box integration with Google, CardDav and CalDav servers, and - unforgivably - iCloud (considering that Claris is owned by Apple.

Paolo
Director of Operations en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Filemaker Cloud: too little, too late, too messy

1,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The experience started badly, with migration issues, and soon became a nightmare, when their reps stopped responding completely while we were trying to renew the software. The company was not accepting our form of payment, and we kept receiving automated mails threatening to curtail the service. Support on the phone told us to disregard these mails, and, lo and behold, the service was in fact terminated in spite of our months of trying to pay them. The day when we can migrate our databases somewhere else cannot come soon enough.

We inherited a critical database in Filemaker workstation format, we needed to move to a cloud-based solution, so Filemaker Cloud looked like the obvious choice.

Contras:

In reality, our purported migration never worked well. Some features simply stopped working after Filemaker "upgraded" the cloud version. Support was completely unable to help. What it worse we found the cloud software laggy, and underperforming, slowing what was the usual workstation workflow.

Respuesta de Claris

hace 3 años

Hi Paolo, we appreciate your feedback on FileMaker Cloud. Our customers are extremely important to us. If you're open to discussing further, please reach out to our customer success team at [email protected].

allison
consultant en EE. UU.
Administración gubernamental, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

The only database you will EVER need

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We use Filemaker for all of our database and customer relation needs. It is extremely easy to set up and teach users how to navigate. Much different software integrate very easily with Filemaker. Filemaker is a dream to work with. If you can imagine it you can create it with a FileMaker layout. You can even use it to set up your website. Users can also access your databases via a web interface with no need for a license. Another great feature is the mobile apps which run very smoothly.

Ease of Use Features Stability Updates Integrations

Contras:

Licensing prices . Fees to obtain newer and better versions.

Henrik
Henrik
Support technician en Suecia
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados

Super easy application development

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I've been using FileMaker for 25 years and it's a tool that just keeps on giving.

File Maker is super easy to set up and super easy to become proficient in. It's super reliable to use a tool that's 30 years old, and still getting powerful additions regularly.

Contras:

FileMaker is an oddball in the database field, and it can be hard to find best practices and tutorials for FileMaker.

Glen
Glen
Freelance Graphic Designer en RU
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Fabulously easy to use Database software

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I use it to manage contacts and expenses and I have built the database that a photo library use to run their business every day! I cannot fault this software!

I first started using this years ago when I ran an art department for a publishers, and wanted something more robust than Excel to manage the data! I instantly fell in love with this humble but powerful software! Once you get past the "If Then" stuff it's a doddle to set up very complex seeming databases that analyse, your data and build reports for you!

Contras:

If anything it's pretty minor they could use an idiots walk through to get you over the initial hurdles of understanding logic queries, but even without this, this software is so elegantly simple even a moron like me managed to get by!

Nicolas
Nicolas
Technical Engineer en Bélgica
Impresión, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

FileMaker Pro is the easiest database manager for everyone

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Very stable ! We use it now on our Windows server and several Win and Mac clients.

The easy and stable way to use it and improve it daily, as you want.

Contras:

Only iOS mobile App (no Android). Restriction without big consequence for me.

Alison
Alison
PowerSchool Administrator en EE. UU.
, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Overall ease of use if familiar with WYSIWYG programming, otherwise can be difficult to manipulate.

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We are able to build our IT assets database using this software. We are able to replicate our insurance claim form within it to pull information from our asset record and have another layout for the repairs. We are able to seamlessly find a record, make a new insurance repair record, click a button to email our insurance provider, print mailing and asset labels, and communicate back to the user with just three layouts including the labels. Our previous database, before being rebuilt was 53 layouts but was able to be streamlined to just the three using some slick little boxes that keep a record of repairs on a single device, and by using buttons. This makes filing insurance repair claims much quicker than filling out their excel and PDF forms by hand and also gives us a location to keep our own record.

I like the granularity of the software and the fact that it can be almost limitless in the possibilities. We use this software to keep our IT asset database, and when we lost the member of our team who managed our database to retirement, we found ourself in a quandary the first time it did not function as needed due to a change in our insurance company's requirements. I was able to figure out the software on my own and rebuild our database in simplified form within three weeks, and fully import all of our assets. Layouts are easily modifiable and integrate well into other applications, like mail. Scripts were easily definable through a little trial and error for this novice. Additionally, the fact that multiple people at our organization can be viewing a single record at once is quite helpful, even if only one can edit at a time, which is easily understandable. Overall, a solid product.

Contras:

In terms of cons, Filemaker, while robust, is not very friendly for new users. It is easy to override data that is not locked, and when items are locked, they tend to not be able to function in scripts as well as unlocked data. Additionally, while the data in fields may be requisite for locking, with the chance of change being a rarity, it is not fragile enough to warrant it be locked and unlocked in layout every time. A protective middle-ground would be nice to be able to implement with the click of a button rather than having to write a script to go "Are you sure?". Additionally, my IT director of several years was unable to rebuild or modify our database without issue despite 16 years of IT experience and many more years than myself with FM. My background in WYSIWYG programs like Adobe GoLive prepared me for their natural, if sometimes clunky, nature. I wish the software was less clunky, and more user-friendly, because it would be great for general IT users.

Joel
Joel
Technology Consultant en EE. UU.
, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The Best Database Software for Small to Medium Businesses, AND for Beginners Starting Out

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: We have done our timekeeping in FileMaker for over two decades. We developed numerous other business solutions that have had a significant impact on our ability to be profitable and become more efficient at everything we do as a company.

I tried learning databases with SQL and MS Access. It wasn't until I started using FileMaker that I really began understanding how databases work. Although FileMaker is VERY powerful, it caters to beginners in a way that no other software does. The ability to grasp how databases function, how to build them, how to maintain them, and how to develop a solution for yourself, or others, is unmatched. I learned databases with FileMaker and that has helped me understand how SQL works and how databases in general work. All this to say that the thing I like the most about FileMaker is how easy it was to learn along with how powerful it is to develop in. I can make something small for myself, or something huge for a client.

Contras:

FileMaker's weakest spot has to do with user interface (layout) tools. Although there is a very good selection of controls available, it pales in comparison to what you can get with other software. Even a free version of Visual Studio will provide you with a lot more layout controls than FileMaker. Although this is FileMaker's biggest weakness, it also means that you aren't overwhelmed with options when designing layouts. That feeds into FileMaker's strengths of being easy to learn.

Fuente de la reseña

Still great after all these years

4,0 hace 5 meses

When you need something more than off-the-shelf software, FileMaker allows you to build a custom app quickly.

Contras:

It can be slightly expensive for smaller businesses.

Jim
Technology Director en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Filemaker has brought to light data service saving hours of data manipulation producing tears of joy

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Keeping Data secure and yet available to our employees gives them a sense of in control. We use the data to produce a daily log of their activity and then use that data to bill our customers. It is so much better than trying to find the data from their individual reports and then creating the reports on a monthly basis. Now we simply hit a button and the reports are done.
I love how as a developer we can see our users appreciate the software because it makes their jobs easier and gives them the sense that they can concentrate on other things rather than the record keeping.
Our users are happier and excited about bringing the qualifiers of the data to light so they can justify their work. In an app that tracks trouble requests, a log is created to show all that the tech people do to facilitate repair issues. No longer are those in charge wondering what their subordinates are doing. They can just open the app and see what they've accomplished.

I love that if you can think it, Filemaker can produce it. Given the time to develop motion, you can get the software to repeat that motion over and over. That saves time and time is money. I love how it provides mental exercise while developing but also is intuitive when it comes to building a custom application that the whole business can take advantage. After an introduction to a new "app" built in Filemaker, it isn't long that all departments ask "what could it do for us?" And the answer is "what do you need". It is so versatile. Integration with things like email, Google, Office can lead to great productivity.

Contras:

The think I like least is the capability in reports to do some word processing capabilities. But it's still a great Form library. But I wish it could insert a page break that would be understood while printing a report.

Alan
CEO en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

built in obsolescence makes it so you have to constantly upgrade software

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I use it for invoicing, letter writing, and contracts; it is my database; it used to be my label printer but no more - it is too hard to line up the labels in the application with the Avery labels for mailings.

I have been using the software since its first release in the 80s. It was once user-friendly, but now I need to use a developer who writes code in the background to make it do anything, and I can't service it myself. It does what I need it to do, but it has cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to make it do what I need it to do now because of the built-in obsolescence. Every time I buy a update my operating system or purchase a new computer, I can expect also to spend hundreds of dollars to update FileMaker

VP Operations en EE. UU.
Producción de alimentos, 11-50 empleados

Moldable Data Management and Manipulation

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We've used this for years and will likely continue and I have personally used this for many projects to make database create and cataloging of items easy. Love how easy it integrates with iPads as well.

This software is very easily manipulated to create databases to store data, create reports and worksheets and many other tasks. We use it daily for operations.

Contras:

The newer versions of it seem to run slower. In fact, we reverted back to version 18 for our production environment because of slowness issues. This was on FAST machines with lots of RAM. Consider an older version.

Phillip
[email protected] en EE. UU.
Seguros, 2-10 empleados

I have been a Filemaker Pro user for years

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I was able to overcome old paper inventory systems by integrating an invoicing and CRM system together.

I like the fact that I can create almost anything with this platform. from Inventory Management to client Management, Lead Systems, Invoicing and Product Categories. I once automated a product catalog with this software for thousands of products.

Contras:

Sometimes the scripting between modules was difficult to figure out, but I was able to find help with thie support and forums.

Jenn
Owner/music promoter en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo

Just-right database management software

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I've been using FileMaker Pro as my database management software for over ten years. I'm dug in enough now with it that I don't expect to change, but I also don't want to.

I came in as a total novice, not a coder or any kind of database professional, and was able to build the forms and pages I needed to keep the info on my contacts organized and clear. It's a lightweight program that doesn't use much memory even for a database with thousands of pages, so it can move quickly and sort easily. I'm still discovering functionality years later that I didn't know existed, but happy with what I have already figured out.

Contras:

I found it annoying that when I recently got a new computer and had to get a new copy of Filemaker, it couldn't read my .fp7 file, so it had to update the file, which then makes it unreadable on the old software on my old computer. Why couldn't they have just made one universal Filemaker file extension type? But that's a minor complaint.

Educación superior, 51-200 empleados

The BEST tool for Creative Problem Solvers

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We have used it to build custom workflows that integrate a facility calendar, invoicing clients for rental of space, and taking payments. Each company is unique, which is why it was so helpful to be able to build our own solution to the issues we were running into.

The flexibility offered by FileMaker is incredible. The more that I learn about how it works, the more I'm convinced that there's nothing you can't build with FileMaker at the core. Also, there's nothing like the community surrounding this platform. FileMaker developers are the most helpful, sharing people I've ever met. You never have to be afraid to ask a question if you get stuck because someone else has run into that problem before and they will help you through the other end.

Contras:

Depending on your use case, it might be too expensive. The buy-in can be high so you have to be willing to invest in making something critical to your operations.

Aaron
Aaron
Founder and CEO en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

What was so elegant got so messy

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We used FileMaker for dozens of business processes over many years. But year by year it got more difficult to keep up with it's upgrades and changes. Finally, we abandoned it for a mix of integrated special-purpose tools that do what we want.

I used to like FileMaker, it was easy to use but powerful. As it evolved it got complex and confusing. It requires a computer scientist to figure out how to use it now.

Contras:

It requires a computer scientist to figure out how to use it now. What was simple and intuitive became complicated and confusing.

Respuesta de Claris

hace 3 años

Hi Aaron, thank you for your feedback. Our customers are very important to us so we have shared your notes with our product team. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer care specialists at [email protected].

Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Obsolete Database Software - Stay Away!

2,0 hace 2 años

We were sold on how customizable it would be...

Contras:

Everything. First, this system is obsolete and no one uses it. Second, it is extremely difficult to make any changes or adjustments to our custom database. It’s not intuitive, it’s not “pretty” and it’s clunky and gives errors often.

Scott
Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Claris FileMaker is perfect for beginner to Advanced database and application developer

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: From its first relational version, FileMaker Pro 3, our experience has gotten better and better with more feature and more developers creating add-on features to extend the software's functionality and deployment.

Every new version of Claris FileMaker has improved its feature set as an easy to use relational database. The Scripting environment has become easier with type-along assistant and the ability to cut and paste code between calculation ans scripts in other databases. The ability to quickly deploy the software in a browser has made it an extremely versatile application.

Contras:

There is no true runtime client engine for a networked solution. Separating the user interface from the data in the same file is not possible.

Tony
Tony
Director Web Technology en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados

FileMaker: The Only Easy-To-Use Solution for SOHO

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: FileMaker currently runs my event business, and for 20 years ran my publishing business. I have FMP scripts that export structured data like white pages listings and vendor listings. These scripts have run, with little modification for decades—that says a lot.

FileMaker works right out of the box as a relational database that can run the back end of your business. Doctors, shopkeepers and consultants can all benefit from using FileMaker. It's powerful yet, simple to use.

Contras:

Over the years, the licensing of FMP has progressively gotten worse. If I could find another solution, I would. Believe me, I have looked. I return to FMP because I can develop sophisticated solutions myself, or with the help of a seasoned developer.

Shannon
Controller en EE. UU.
, 11-50 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Easy to learn

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: FileMaker is a great platform to build applications that you can't find anywhere else. You can make an application easily that is perfect for what you need. There are many videos and documents online to help you learn specific features and structures in order to make it perform the way you envisioned. If you know how to write formulas in Excel then you will pick up FileMaker pretty easily.

Very easy to learn as you go. Very forgiving while you learn. Very little limitations. Can work with ipads and iphones for the people out in the field as will as back office computers.

Contras:

Time consuming. Does not work with Androids. Once you do one application then it turns into two then three and it never stops.

Julia
Exec. Director, IT & Eng en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 10.000+ empleados

Claris FileMaker SaaS

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Used FileMaker for decades for two departments. Conservative users didn't want to convert to a more advanced system. Transition to the hosted solution is a time, money, management saver.

Serves well the client that are used to it and non-technical. If you use FileMaker go for SaaS - reasonably priced, easy to transition, easy to manage.

Contras:

Limited functionality, but serves well for what it is used by specific departments. Would prefer to use the same DB system as the rest of the college.

Hannah
Postdoctoral Researcher en EE. UU.
Dispositivos médicos, 2-10 empleados

Gets the job done

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My group uses FileMaker to database thousands of devices. It gets the job done but there's probably much better options out there.

The software is reliable enough that I have access to what I need and is pretty customizable. I like the new barcode add on (though it's functionality leaves a lot to be desired).

Contras:

We've had issues with OS compatibility and some of the features are overly complicated to implement. Our database could be much better with very thorough customization but it would take an annoying amount of effort to get there.

Michi
owner en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

Custom Database Solution

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: In our business we use FileMaker not only for us, but, we help clients customize their solutions. We love being able to custom tailor a solution and design the layouts and user interface to fit our needs. Custom, custom, custom is all I have to say. We have used it for CRM, accounting and custom solutions that can also integrate nicely with the web.

I have been utilizing this software for almost 10 years now. The best part of FileMaker is the ability to customize your database to suit your needs. However, you do need knowledge on how databases work in order to customize. I love being able to design my own layouts, injecting my own design and workflow into the user interface.

Contras:

Personally I don't see cons, however, for someone who is looking for an out of the box solution, you can find some starter solutions, but without development skills, you would need to hire a developer to help you customize a solution to suit your individual business needs.