Sobre uLawPractice

Una solución de gestión de despachos y contabilidad integrada y basada en la nube, con un sistema accesible en cualquier momento y lugar y desde cualquier dispositivo.

Descubre más sobre uLawPractice

The convenience uLaw gives me is something one has to use and experience. Not to forget the weekly webinars they provide that also doubles up as CPD hours.

Contras:

Sometimes it takes a lot to load the page, and some features are confusing.

Valoraciones de uLawPractice

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

uLawPractice tiene una valoración global de 4,5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 73 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

Filtrar opiniones (73)

Calificación del producto

Calificación del producto

Países

Países

Uso

Ordenar por

¿Ha utilizado uLawPractice antes?

Filtrar opiniones (73)

Timothy E.
Timothy E.
Owner / Paralegal en Canadá

Customer Support

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have used several law software programs in the last 10 years and I believe this one is the best and most comprehensive on the market.

When you have an issue and can’t figure it out, they have created YouTube Videos or you can email and they will contact you quickly to solve your issue.

Contras:

I truly after using it for 2 years have not found any cons to mention.

Lasania H.
Licensed Paralegal/Owner en Canadá

Alternativas consideradas:

ULaw Practice is Intuitive, Inexpensive, and Simply Great for Legal Practice Management

4 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: My overall experience is that uLaw has many great features that will benefit Canadian legal practitioners whether you are a lawyer or paralegal. I would recommend it to my colleagues in the field. I just wish it could be enhanced a bit more.

ULaw is especially great for LSO compliance purposes. What I like most about uLaw are the checklist including compliance documents, templates for various matters including retainer agreements and final reporting letters, and most importantly court forms. It’s almost as if everything is already done for you. uLaw also has a great guide and YouTube channel that provides answers to many of our questions.

Contras:

I would love if uLaw had a better task management system. I believe the to do list is the same but I’m not quite sure. The look of uLaw is also lacking. It is worth the price for a reason but I wish the look of it could be better. I also feel like the intake form should be a bit more detailed, maybe including an intake pipeline, and the client portal could be expanded.

Jamie L.

My Review of uLaw

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Very positive. I love it and wish I used it from the beginning.

I love the ease of use and customer support

Contras:

I feel as if low end users (those that bill less due to starting out or slow business) should be charged less per month and very busy users should pay a slightly higher price. This will make it easier for entry level practicioners

Christopher F.
Sole Practitioner en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Sometimes helpful but also a bit clunky with some errors in documents

2 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

-ease of invoicing - customizable invoices

Contras:

- errors in documents generated (documents are not customizable) - clunky interface when dealing with the administrative side of the portal.

Michael B.

Software that does everything

5 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Ulaw is the only software that I have used for my own practice and it is totally the all in one solution for legal service providers like myself.

There is all the features that you require under one umbrella. Trust transfers and form 9a's generated automatically. Seamless from docket to accounting to expenses. Incredible support system in place. New features added all of the time.

Contras:

Can be difficult to un do some things once you do it. I think like any software it is easier to start with it than try to input months of data into the data base.

Nana A.

Definitely Worth It!

5 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: I am very satisfied with ULaw and don't think I will venture to another software as Ulaw does everything I require to effectively run my practice.

I love everything about the software. It is easy to navigate and if you are unsure of where to locate certain things, their customer service support is excellent; even assisting after hours. The software has the capability to do more than what I most likely realize since I don't currently utilize all aspects of it but have no doubt that it provides every option one requires of an efficient legal practice management software.

Contras:

Some of the precedent letters that were uploaded have grammatical and formatting errors that I find I have to format myself so that kind of takes away from the fact that the forms and letters should be ready for use but it's very minor.

Elie L.
Lawyer en Canadá

Alternativas consideradas:

Great product for beginners and experts

5 hace 9 meses

Great product for what you pay for. Technical support is always very friendly and help is immediate. There is a full YouTube channel with hundreds of videos to answer absolutely any question you have under the sun. Once you get familiar with it, the YouTube tutorials will save you.

Contras:

Nothing really. The forms couldn't be customized at first but now they can, that was a big issue for me. Being able to upload and dow load my own forms.

Ian M.
Lawyer en EE. UU.
Práctica de la abogacía, 2-10 empleados

Complete practice managment

4 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: This has been the easiest way I have found to manage my pracitce.

uLaw is quick to learn and leads you step by step through practice management.

Contras:

My least favourite thing about uLaw is that the calendar takes a little time to load.

Irina K.

Review

5 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: I use this software from the very beginning of my first business and carried it through 3 of them.

Accounting is included. Law society compliance is included. Practice management is easy.

Sudden and significant price increase in 2022

Jeff B.
Principal Owner en Canadá

ULaw Practice Review

5 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: As side from the learning curve of this or any software product, the experience of ULaw was good. I would recommend this product.

The software is LSO compliant and therefore makes it easier to mange client files.

Contras:

I do not have an item I least like to mention. This product satisfies all my needs a sole practitioner.

Pearl K.
Founder en Canadá

Started My Practice with ULaw 9 Months Ago

5 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: I am very grateful I chose ULaw and do not plan to change software. However, there were several days when I really felt like throwing up my hands and wondering for the small number of clients I had, starting up, whether I couldn't just maintain accounts manually. There is a long learning curve because so much is provided. I still have not explored all it has to offer and I have probably criticized them unfairly here and there for options they have that I am suggesting they should offer.

I didn't have to integrate existing accounts as I began using ULaw at the start of my practice. It gives you almost all of what you need, especially from the financial management side of the business. It is compliant specific to the Law Society.of Ontario. You get a lot of free and quick live assistance in the first several months. You also have access to very short videos answering most of your questions. The expense is well worth the $32.00 I pay monthly during my first year as an entrepreneur (receive a discount). There is also a one-month free trial period where you play with make-believe situations. I didn't use this time well because I was busy with so much other setup. I also like that it is a Canadian product and hope it remains that way.

Contras:

The sound on the videos is almost always way too low and it is not my speakers. There are frequent spelling mistakes, although not in what is produced for a client. There are sometimes different ways of doing what seems intuitive, like receiving payment - it took me awhile to realize you need to go to Action > Accept client payment rather than Retainer > Payment. There are at least two versions of the Intake Form - a generic long one and a shorter one - requires the client's signature, the other doesn't and they ask different questions - which one is the one you are supposed to use as per the LSO? A couple of the text boxes on receipts do not align properly. I need to scan and save source rev. and exp. docs. outside of ULaw. I have to be careful when inputting info. into a client's account as ULaw always seems to choose a different default client and not the one I want. Sounds like a lot, but I am sure they are really quick fixes to already wonderful software.

Peter R.
Paralegal/Owner en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Very positive. It has many useful features and customer support is always ready to help.

5 hace 5 años

Comentarios: It helps me with my tracking of clients and allows to track the progress of a case. Also it helps me keep track of upcoming dates, invoicing and contact information. I rely heavily on ulaw for all of this information and it has been a tremendous help. I like how it gave me all the information I needed for the auditor. The dashboard feature is helpful and quick view which helps give me reminders on what's coming up. I am able to produce invoices for clients that not only show the time and dates, but enter what I was doing during the time. I was complimented by the law society of upper Canada auditor for that, which is a team effort by ulaw staff and I. I would very much recommend it to a colleague and find it a fun system and quite user friendly. I cannot say enough about the support staff who are always there. I work odd hours and it's vital having what seems to be round the clock support if I run into a jam.

Easy invoicing and the statements of activity that help me keep track of a file's progress. I find that this enables to keep track of a case and who owes me money. I also like that it breaks down where I am spending the most time on each case and my contact with any particular client. Overall, very good. I also like the option of the free webinars, which help me save money. That is vital for a small business and sole owner.

Contras:

Some of the features are a little confusing, but you get used to them. And again customer support is always there to help. And although I like the option of the webinars I feel that sometimes the instructors jump around and talk too fast. I am hard of hearing and sometimes find it hard to follow when they do so. I would also like a little more flexibility when it comes to the retainer. I do not operate a trust account for example, a retainer reflecting that would be helpful. All minor issues and 1 more, just to keep an eye on the typos which tend to come up. A lawyer or a paralegal sending out such letters may be viewed as incompetent.

Robert B.
Owner/Paralegal en Canadá

Highly Recommended Software for Legal Services

5 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: This is a great program and comes with excellent service due to the hard work and responsive staff that are behind the software and its functionality. I can email them with any questions and they personally respond in a timely manner, with a personal answer to my questions.

This program is very easy to use and is compliant with all of the requirements held by the Law Society of Ontario. The program is built for legal professionals, and contemplates the needs of the legal services industry that wouldn't have been considered by other generic programs. Everything I need for case management, accounting, billing, and client management are integrated into this single program and it is extremely useful. The amount of time I save using uLaw is incredible. The more time I have to spend on files, the more revenue my firm can produce. This program pays for itself. The staff are also incredibly responsive and hospitable. They reply to your concerns directly, and have one-on-one training sessions where they walk you through every facet of the program. That makes it a very reliable service and a program I would highly recommend.

Contras:

The Calendar is useful but could be expanded to actively notify me of upcoming deadlines. At present, you need to check it daily to see what is coming up, but overall, that isn't a big deal. There are plenty of affordable programs that only do that one thing, to complement everything else that is offered by uLaw.

Rachel S.
Rachel S.
Lawyer & Owner en Canadá

An affordable and highly functional alternative to Clio and Cosmolex

4 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: The bookkeeping functionalities make sense to me with ulaw. It saves me a lot of time. This was a major influence for me in getting the software, but I really like how dynamic it is and how easy to update or add additional categories. It's very customizable.

No other product has as phenomenal a support team as ulaw. You can email a question and get an immediate response or a callback. There is a library of videos going through all the functionalities step by step. It's a great all-in-one product. The team is dedicated and they regularly go over and above to make the experience fabulous. It is highly functional as bookkeeping and record keeping software. My bookkeeper also likes it.

Contras:

There are some windows I never open. I don't use the calendar at all. It doesn't integrate with office365 or my booking software or my phones. I wish it was a little more like Matter365 in terms of practicemanagement. The learning curve is steep. There is still a lot I don't know how to do. I wish the billing templates were more editable. I wish you could minimize the top bar with the matter details when inputting dockets and disbursements, particularly as most of us do a lot of work on laptops; it's hard to see. I wish the mobile version had greater functionality and did not log me out all the time.

Vicky-lynne H.
Office Manager en Canadá
Práctica de la abogacía, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Perfect for Trust Accounting!

4 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Ulaw has proven to be a powerful tool for our office. It simplifies Trust Accounting and thus makes our office audit ready thanks to the many reports that are available. Customer support is key and there is always someone ready to assist with concerns. If a modification is suggested to the support team, they absolutely consider what is being suggested and do their best to implement such. There are a couple of minor drawbacks but overall this is a good product.

Ulaw has proven to be an effective tool for our Trust Accounting. Once the Trust Bank Reconciliation is complete, Ulaw automatically compares it to my Client Trust Ledger to ensure I am Law Society Compliant. It provides our office with all of the documents and reports required for a Law Society Audit with a few simple clicks. The other great benefit is that it is cloud based so staff can work from anywhere, anytime.

Contras:

Our practice has had issues with the speed of the program, however, some of that falls on the type of devices being used. We have also had several minor issues with the program itself. The great thing is, once these issues are brought to the attention of support...they try their best to make changes to improve the program.

Bruce P.
Fuente de la reseña

Ulaw designed to assist Legal Professions with Compliance and Practice Management

5 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Incredibly versatile and saves a ton of time

Deals with accounting, client information, matters, document production and management all in one intuitive software.

Contras:

Waiting on easy links with our Google workspace calendar but given how quickly the program adapts, I think it will happen sooner rather than Later

Ian W.
Canadá
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado
Fuente de la reseña

ULaw - A cost-effective Canadian practice management software that gets the job done.

4 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I have been in private practice as a paralegal since 1992 but have only been using ULaw for the last four years. For years I had used QuickBooks but it was the document generation feature in ULaw that first caught my attention. This was not something I could find in any other practice management software at that price point. This feature alone has saved me enough time in legal document production to make it more than worth the price. Originally only Small Claims Court documents were available but they have been introducing new areas on a regular basis. It is clear that the ULaw team works hard to make their product better. I have occasionally considered other practice management software but every time I have ULaw has introduced a new feature that keeps me onboard. These include features like the Dashboard, Quick View, Analytics & even Calendar & Document Vault sync, to name a few. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with the new features. Perhaps most importantly, ULaw is structured to enable compliance with the Law Society requirements as outlined in the LSUC rules of practice. From the client intake documents to the required financial reporting, ULaw does this 'in the background' so to speak so that any practitioner can focus on the actual work instead of being bogged down in regulation compliance. It should be made clear however that ULaw is a database 'program' and so not as intuitive as some of the spreadsheet-based programs. Also, errors cannot be simply deleted but additional correcting entries are required. That is the nature of a database. A further area of potential improvement is that while it is now possible to launch an email from a Contact in ULaw the software doesn't keep track of client emails like it does for documents. Overall perhaps the best feature of ULaw is not the software itself but the team behind the product. I have found their service team to be quick to respond and their development team repeatedly reaches out to their clients for ideas and feedback.
No software is perfect or does everything you might want but dollar for dollar I consider ULaw to really punch above its weight class. I would recommend this for any paralegal office and indeed it is the software that I use for my private practice and my partnerships.

Mark S.

Efficient, Intuitive, Essential!

Comentarios: Simplified compliance reporting,
Simplified billing,
Simplified form printing,
Simplified contact management and file management,
Simplified accounting,
Simplified business as a whole :)

uLaw Practice saves so much time that it pays for itself. By simply inputting the most basic, day-to-day transactions into it, uLaw not only calculates everything you need to ensure all of your accounts are balancing, but it also prepares every compliance document you'll ever need in case you're ever audited by your respective Law Society (e.g. fee books, trust reconciliations, etc.). I don't know how anyone would be able to survive an audit without uLaw. It's also highly customizable allowing you to upload your own logos and letterhead to be printed automatically on your forms.

Contras:

The only "con" I can think of for this software would be that I didn't sign up for it sooner! I recommend it to every legal professional practicing.

Anar D.
Lawyer en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Ulaw is easy to use, affordable and has excellent customer service.

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Makes it very easy to create client files and comply with trust/general account compliance.

The ulaw software makes it very easy to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct (Law Society of Ontario) especially with Knowing your Client requirements. Ulaw allows you to generate an initial conflict check form and client identification/verification form. I recently went through the LSO Practice Management Audit, and the LSO was very impressed with Ulaw's Inital Conflict Check form because it allowed the form includes the steps the lawyer undertook to perform the conflict checks.

Contras:

If you make a accounting error it is hard to rectify it if you don't understand how the software works or accounting principles.

Mark S.

Highly Recommend uLaw

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: - the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust)
- the user support is amazing
- online videos are extremely helpful

- web-based application (no upgrades) - integration with various cloud storage solutions (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) - easy customization capability - BI capability - simplifies compliance reports for licensee bylaws

Contras:

- could be expanded to generate data required for TAX filing for proprietors, partnerships, and corporations - it would be worth it as a possible premium package feature

Lori anne T.
Lawyer/Principal Owner en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Great web-based alternative to PC Law!

5 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

I like that it is web-based. It combines all of the functions needed for a law firm practice, including criminal and family. I like the function that allows me to import my banking information. It is helpful to switch between client matters and accounting. The customer service is extremely responsive and you don't have to pay extra for their support. They have altered areas that need improvement.

Contras:

I wish it had more functionality with iPhones. It would be helpful to automatically allow update of monthly expenses (parking). Entering in expenses is some cumbersome, but detailed. Cannot delete default items (such as tenant or contract legal work) or contacts or matters that were entered in error. Makes it cluttered and annoying to search.

Rosa C.

Ulaw is a lifesaver

5 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: The customer service has a great team and are always there and willing to assist.

I don't like the product ..I love Ulaw. It is so easy to use and there are so many options if I did have any issues and is affordable. Billing/invoicing and tracking expenses has never been so easy. There response time is impeccable, not only to they respond with an answer they will send you a link to watch a video to guide you. The Ulaw set up is so affordable and a life saver. They will be there for you. Their bookkeeping services are great!

Contras:

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Martin C.
Owner/Paralegal en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Improving the business of a legal practice

5 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: I have been able to create amazing, time saving templates that automatically populate. I have also made great use of the incredible customer service that makes you feel like you are their most important client.

I am a new Paralegal and I work from home in my own practice. I needed software that kept me compliant with LSO requirements, of which there are many. I also needed a tickler system and an accounting system and uLawPractice was the whole ball of wax rolled into one at an affordable price. Starting a new firm is difficult and challenging. This program took a big weight off my shoulders. Customer service is the best I have ever had as well.

Contras:

I found the accounting portion of the program has the largest learning curve due to my inexperience with accounting. I found many of the screens descriptions less than helpful and was left wondering why they weren't worded for those that aren't accountants.

Roger D.
OWNER en Canadá

The number 1 Practice Management Software

5 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: I have been with Ulaw for about 11 years both as a student and as a practitioner and they have always been very helpful and very receptive to suggestions and implementing these suggestions as quick as they could/can. The tech support in my opinion is second to none.

In a nut shell everything--as far as I am concerned it is tailor made for the legal profession especially for paralegals. It has the price point, tech support(fantastic by the way). They also conduct CPD's that are LSO accredited AT No Charge-which is worth the monthly fee right there.

Contras:

It would be nice to have it integrated / synced with 1 note.

Amanda B.
Administrative Assitant en Canadá

Ease of use

5 hace 4 meses

We loved the switch to ULAW, it has made our lives and business run so much more smoothly

Contras:

tracking of what courts the files are with