15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre SimScale

Diseña mejores productos más rápido, con el software de simulación basado en la nube con FEA, CFD, análisis térmico en una plataforma, que se encuentra primero en el mundo.

Descubre más sobre SimScale

Cloud-based computing allowed me to set simulations running without worrying about my own hardware. Free community trial is an excellent way to get to grips with the platform.

Contras:

Missing features (there is a lot of ongoing development). Big models with a high mesh count are expensive to run.

Valoraciones de SimScale

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

SimScale tiene una valoración global de 4,5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 141 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado SimScale antes?

Filtrar opiniones (141)

Aerodynamics Engineer en India
Impresión, 11-50 empleados

Detailed & Easy

5,0 hace 5 años

I am an OpenFOAM user and I like the freedom it gives the user to play with the parameters. SimScale offers the same level of freedom but with an interface that's simple and effortless to handle. Since it is cloud-based there isn't any need to download it and even the free version provides a lot of computing hours.

Contras:

I am still exploring the software and have enjoyed every bit of it. I would appreciate if the tutorials emphasize more on the values used while mesh refining as well as Numerics and Simulation Control.

Rupak
Stack Mechanical Engineering en Canadá
Petróleo y energía, 51-200 empleados

A good CFD tool

5,0 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: It is a very good tool. The support is excellent. They are very responsive and get back with solutions to the issues. The tool is still under rapid development and is only likely to add more features with time.

SimScale has made a cloud native simulation platform that works seamlessly. Importing CAD from OnShape is extrememly easy, while you also have the option of importing from your computer. Setting up simulations is extremely easy and it is convenient to setup the default cases very quickly. It takes a bit more effort to figure out how to change away from the defaults and incorporate approaches which are no pre-built. The post processing is also quite easy. You can also download the results and post-process in ParaView which is very helpful and opens up lots of options.

Contras:

Although the integration with OnShape is extremely good, it requires a separate license. A small set of CAD features within SimScale would be very helpful. All of the post processing is visual. The ability to output certain results in tables / plots would be helpful. A measuring tool within the simulation domain would be very helpful. When setting boundary conditions, it is sometimes very useful to have a measuring tool to get a idea of some dimensions.

Mark
Testing Engineer en EE. UU.
, 11-50 empleados

CFD + Customer Service need work

2,0 hace 7 años

Speed Ease of use/understanding Complete control; SimScale has built-in options that allows more advanced users better control Customer support responds quickly

Contras:

I worked on a project evaluating SimScale for use in a professional setting and the software was unable to provide accurate results for a simple CFD simulation that I worked on with customer support for quite some time. They were responsive, but seemingly unable to find any issue with my solution that would only converge with unreliable results, if at all. Soon, they stopped responding. It just looks like the implementation of OpenFoam for CFD and the support staff are not at the level they need to be for SimScale to work for us right now. Hopefully things will improve in the future!

Respuesta de SimScale

hace 7 años

Dear Mark, Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am sorry to hear that you didn¿t have a positive support experience. We treat the success of our customers as our success. So we aim at answering all user questions with effective solutions that help them get the job done faster. It seems like we didn¿t achieve that in your case. After a review of the support logs, it looks like this is what happened: Our support team answered via the live chat but you were already offline. Then the automatic follow-up email that is sent in case a user doesn¿t read the chat message wasn't sent out. This is currently being investigated to ensure it doesn¿t happen in the future. In case you¿re willing to give SimScale a second chance, our support team would love to help you be successful with your next CFD project. If there is anything in addition we can do to help remedy your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly. All the best, David Heiny Managing Director and Co-Founder of SimScale

Jason
Reliability Supervisor en EE. UU.
Productos químicos, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Cost effective solutions in a rapid manner

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall, my experience has been great with SimScale. I've been able to either work through challenges myself using the readily available documentation or as a last resort reach out to the customer support for a quick resolution.

SimScale is easy to implement since it is entirely web-based. Not IT restrictions or limitations as you might experience with other similar software. There is a tremendous user community and the customer support is excellent. The workflow in SimScale is linear and easily understood by users even with limited experience. The help files and documentation often help resolve any problems you might be experiencing with the simulations.

Contras:

In my field dealing with pressure vessels and piping, it would be beneficial to have a way to model cracks in order to predict propagation that would align with Level 3 FFS assessments.

Stewart
Principal Mechanical Development Engineer en Suiza
Producción de alimentos, 201-500 empleados

Good for Thermal Mass Transfer and High Velocity Gas Flow Analysis

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have improved, explained, or discounted a number of my designs with the help of SimScale. SimScale's strength is in CFD and Thermal Analysis.

Good support, tutorials and worked examples. SimScale is quite good for the casual user and the mathematics is well hidden. The default Numerics seem to work most of the time.

Contras:

In my opinion the software is still a work in progress, especially the interface, but this is good in a way because there are always new improvements appearing.If the CFD default Numerics do not work the settings can quickly confuse and without support from the Simscale Support team I would worry. To increase the user base of CFD someone has to come up with more obvious terms and explanations in this space, e.g. when is it best to use Gauss Linear Limited Corrected instead of Gauss Linear Corrected? This is true of most CFD tools that I have experienced.

Rafael
Chief Engineer en Chile
Diseño, 11-50 empleados

Talleres Artificio Review

5,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: I see a lot of potential in Simscale, is a really good modeling tool and has a lot of tutorials and a quick answering customer support.

I like Simscale, because you can achieve really good results, is really easy to use and the support answers really fast if you have any questions. Also, I can keep using my computer for other things like making a report or editing the geometry for a new design.

Contras:

Maybe Simscale should include in the future shell and beam elements.

Power Solutions Manager en EE. UU.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to learn, even without previous FEA experience

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I am an electrical engineer by training and don't routinely use FEA software in my current role. However, I had a problem that needed solving, no access to any other FEA packages, so I found SimScale. I probably won't be able to justify a fully licensed version, but the learning opportunity alone on the trial version is well worth your time investment. The ease of use and how quickly I was able to run a basic simulation was amazing. Even importing geometry was easy. Also very helpful is the ability to see how your solution is converging (or not). With that data you can make assessments about time step, mesh resolution, etc. It makes striking a balance between accuracy and computational intensity much easier to judge.

The online tutorials made this software very easy to gain a basic proficiency very quickly. The menu layout makes it easy to set simulation parameters and reduces the chance of missing something that will negatively impact the accuracy of your simulation.

Contras:

So far I've found nothing that I don't like.

Mechanical Engineer en EE. UU.
Diseño, 51-200 empleados

Simple to use

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We needed a CFD solution that came with great support for the casual user. We only use it a few times a year, but it gives us great results. This helps us to have confidence our designs will perform as desired.

For a company that does not have a full time simulation staff person this is perfect. Easy to learn and support is #1.

Contras:

Nothing. This software is great. When I get interns and they need to simulate something I just link them up with SimScale. The support people at SimScale are great and help on board my staff.

Patrick
Patrick
Consultant, Weapon System Engineer, Founder en Australia
Defensa y espacio, Trabajador autónomo

Simscale evaluation

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I compared the software with Ansys, which I used for many years, and it's getting close to provide me the same experience.

Cloud based, powerfull, easy to link with CAD

Contras:

Not covering the dynamic explicit, post processing has been improved but still need improvement, no possibility to restart simulation in dynamic

Telecomunicaciones, 11-50 empleados

All around support

5,0 hace 5 años

It supports all types of 3D models and can be used from anywhere since it is cloud-based.

Contras:

In the beginning, it is not very intuitive. Complicated simulations can become too much for the software.

Mehar
CFD Engineer en Catar
Arquitectura y planificación, 501-1.000 empleados

Sharing the Experience working on Simscale

4,0 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: Mostly we are using simscale for Thermal Comfort CFD simulations and outdoor cooling applications. So far, it is useful for us and helps us to achieve the project objectives.

I liked the most - It's navigator form, which makes it easy to learn and use this software. Other software, u need to have your own checklist to do the simulation in a correct way, one thing is missed, whole simulated results will be wasted. here, in Simscale , due to it's navigator form, u don't need to worry about the checklist. in addition to this feature, i liked how fast we can get the simulation done , generally CFD simulations are taking time but here in simscale , u can have your results ready within some hours. That is fantastic.

Contras:

Yes, sometime as user i feel that i am not able to fix the simulation file/model when it is failing to run and i have to take help from customer support. Getting help from customer support is good but i want to avoid most of the times and want to fix it by myself which i can do easily in other software. for Example, sometime it is showing "error is encountered" but not showing the actual problem. Yes, as an user, i would like to suggest simscale to work on this point and also provide us the easiness to fix the errors/issue coming by ourselves when the run is failed.

Sai
Lead Engineer - Mechanical en India
Automoción, 51-200 empleados

Simple, beginner friendly and Elegant

5,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: I've had excellent experience with Simscale, enough to not let me look at another product.

The user interface is easy to use and improved over time. From Cutting Planes to Point Selection for Parameters, it is easy find the necessary study variables. The 'Core' system allows for rapid simulations for large problems. Making everything Automatic (unless otherwise specified) makes it user friendly. A large material selection for structural analysis.

Contras:

Simulation estimates can be off. More CAD operations would help (example would be to split just faces instead of bodies).

Thorvaldur
Product Development Engineer en Países Bajos
Automatización industrial, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Using SimScale for pump design validation and new product design

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: In general SimScale enables me to validate the design of my pump designs. Even though it does not give "absolute" true values in all cases, it can give an indication of trends and effects of design modifications. The rotary machine analysis is a key feature (MRF rotating zone) in my case.

The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. the interface to the cad model is relatively easy to use and straight forward. It can be a tedious job to work out the geometry in such a way that it is workable as a geometric input to the flow volume. The workflow is easy to understand and only a few introductory tutorials are needed to get up an running. In some cases Simscale can be used to laymen in CFD - similar to what FEM analysis is in 3D modelling design tools such as Autodesk Inventor.

Contras:

I have not jet learned how to link up the CAD model to the Simscale model in such a way that modifications in the CAD model can be used to "regenerate" the flow volume of a CDF model (if it is possible at all?) It would be a great feature if is was possible, i.e. to make new versions of the base model and update the CDF analysis based on that. Opens up for more parametric analysis.

Robert
President en EE. UU.
Petróleo y energía, Trabajador autónomo

Customer Support

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: The SimScale modelling results help me quickly design new and unique heat transfer devices.

Customer support is second to none. SimScale has a very fast response and they not only answer the specific question that is asked but go into detail about why a particular feature works the way it does. This includes (sometimes) short videos that are extemely helpful

Contras:

I would like to see the inclusion of phase change (i.e liquid to gas) capabilities.

Jacob
Engineer en EE. UU.
Agricultura, 11-50 empleados

Simscale after a 1.5 years

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Very positive experience. When I had questions about the product I had very enthusiatic assistance from the simscale support team. I also very much enjoy the Simscale forum. It is an open place to discuss simulations, and any questions you might regarding the product.

I really like the ability to create multiple simulations to run parallel. Also the large offering of post processing allows for very informational and diverse results to be presented.

Contras:

Sometimes it was a bit confusing what could create a simulation fail. This could have been inexperience with FEA, but as I used the product more and more I was able to increase my success rate and avoid common recurring errors.

-doron
CEO en Israel
Ingeniería civil, 11-50 empleados

surely recommend SimScale

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I guess the above says it all.
Excellent CFD tool. Perfect support in both - knowledge, patience and response time!!

SimScale covers several applications for CFD analysis. My office is doing analysis and design for structures in the widest form. We do structures in Civil Engineering, Aeronautics, industrial equipment of all types. SimScale seems to fit any application within this list! The LBM option for wind pressure distribution on high rise. The PWC - an automated solution for wind comfort. The incompressible for airfoils etc. The multi-phase for liquid-air interaction. and probably a lot is yet to come.....

Contras:

1. Show the CFL criteria plotted while running. 2. Enable video screen capture! now using 3rd party app.

Senior Mechanical Engineer en EE. UU.
Defensa y espacio, 51-200 empleados

Flexible Cloud Based Simulation

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Used it to design several generations of electronics enclosures

You can load your models into the browser-based interface and start the meshing or run the simulation without losing the ability to use your computer to do anything else. The interface is easy to use and learn

Contras:

For best results, I had to defeature my models and convert them from Solidworks into STEP files so you do lose some time in the conversion and updating the models. There isn't a shared license so you have to have a single login vs a networked sharable license that you can move from computer to computer

Brynn
Mechanical Engineer en EE. UU.
Biotecnología, 2-10 empleados

Great customer support

4,0 el año pasado

I like the cloud computing feature the most as well as the really quick and helpful customer support

Contras:

There are some features like rolling back to previous simulation settings that aren't developed yet.

Jaime
Chief Project Engineer en España
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Good CFD platform for initiates

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Good for quick and simple CFD analysis.

Ease of usage, web-based platform, parallel running capacity.

Contras:

Lack of some powerful features in CFD, mesher is not the best.

Aviación y aeroespacial, 11-50 empleados

Extremely user friendly

4,0 hace 5 años

The software is highly user friendly whilst still being robust. It hides the clunky numbers involved with numerical analysis for new users whilst still providing the ability to change them for more experienced ones.

The software only supports fluid flow velocities of upto 0.5 Mach

Julio
Desing Engineer en México
Suministros y equipo para empresas, 201-500 empleados

It is a great software

5,0 hace 11 meses

The user interface and multiple simulation tools

Contras:

That does not bring a CAD designer, it is only simulation, few post-processing options

Thomas
EE. UU.
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado

SimScale review

3,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Core functionality of meshing and simulation is good. Simulation runtimes are reasonable. Biggest problem is sometimes simulation runs fail and the reason for the failure is not clearly presented. Latency in the web UI also leads to frustrations. The only time there should be a delay when a button is clicked in the web UI is when large data transfers happen.

Online access and non-local computation.

Contras:

Hard to figure out why failures occur.

Respuesta de SimScale

hace 8 años

Hello Thomas, Thank you for your feedback! I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with simulation run failures and latency. This is something we would definitely like to look into. Did you try to reach out to our support regarding the failure issues that you are experiencing?

William
Engineering Director en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 11-50 empleados

Perfect for the startup

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We gained the insight by simulations we ran, which helped us to optimize out product in short time.

Easy to setup and running without IT and equipment overhead.The best part was the real time support integrated through the software. It helped us to move quickly with the help of knowledgeable support engineers.

Contras:

More control over various mesh would have been much nicer.

Salaheddine
Engineer en Marruecos
Ingeniería civil, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Feedback

4,0 hace 3 años

-I find that the interface is more efficient and saves time, -The quality of postprocessing is perfect, -The mesh quality tool that can facilitate the study of mesh sensitivity and reduce the associated numerical errors. -Timely support and documentation is very helpful, even for beginners in CFD.

Contras:

-The CAD mode needs more functionality to manage most of the modeling or CAD preparation. - Custom Field Function (CFF) and User Defined Function (UDF) need to be integrated in Simscale. - The 2D streamlines need also to be integrated in the post-processing if there is a 3D model to analyze.