Sobre IBM SPSS Statistics

El análisis predictivo puede revelar patrones y asociaciones inesperados y desarrollar modelos para orientar la interacción de primera línea.

Descubre más sobre IBM SPSS Statistics

I can interpret the result in figures, graphs or tables. Calculations are very precious and calculations done by this software are accepted by the global scientific community.

Contras:

Customer service is hard to deal with. IBM has so many different departments it is difficult to get where you want to be sometimes.

Valoraciones de IBM SPSS Statistics

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
3,9
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

IBM SPSS Statistics tiene una valoración global de 4,5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 510 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado IBM SPSS Statistics antes?

Filtrar opiniones (510)

Pablo G.
Pablo G.
Dir SIED en Argentina
Educación superior, 1.001-5.000 empleados

el mejor de estadística

4 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: muy buena, he podido realizar el trabajo específico requerido, aunque no lo uso desde aquella vez

lo he utilizado para hacer análisis estadísticos de datos, incluye formas de analizar y cruzar la información muy completas y creo que es casi único en su tipo y el más profesional

Contras:

he utilizado la versión gratuita, hace un tiempo, y me ha servido, aunque me costó utilizarla y entender la lógica del programa

Akshay A.
Akshay A.
Social Media Manager en India
Internet, 11-50 empleados

Gets You Results with a Reasonable Learning Curve

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I used this software for Market Research related applications and this helped me quickly complete the tests and save them as per how I wanted it.
In the projects I used it for, it gave out some interesting results and takeaways which helped in business planning.

1. It literally covers just so many options of tests, from regression to anova and much more. 2. It's like a one stop destination for all queries related to data 3. Can handle massive amounts of data and inputs

Contras:

1. A manual/tips section within the software could have eased my learning curve to an extent. 2. UI/UX can be improved 3. High cost

Analytics Market Manager en Francia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados

SPSS ... en route to Machine Learning

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: We collect tons of structured information through "Voice of customer" surveys with a lot of profiling elements. SPSS is used to segment the data and identify clusters of individuals with similar characteristics. This is subsequently used to trigger customized marketing campaigns.

Enable Data Science for Everyone by bundling the most essential capabilities required to perform data-mining and develop learning models

Contras:

The learning curve is very steep and may discourage many young data scientists. Tutorials are badly required.

Mariem M.
Freelancer en Túnez
Servicios para el consumidor, Trabajador autónomo

SPSS problems

3 hace 2 meses

I used it for my research at university and it's so useful in analyzing data

Contras:

It's so hard to use. The import from excel option is so useless whenever I used excel with SPSS thinking it will become easier it just get messier.

Jannus P.
Jannus P.
Student en Países Bajos
Productos químicos, 501-1.000 empleados

SPSS for statistical analysis

4 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Overall SPSS is a great program to use for statistical analysis. Its easy to use with Excel so you will have little to no problems puttting your Excel sheet in SPSS. With a lot of options of all kinds of analysis, SPSS is a great program to use

What I like the most about SPSS is the amount of options you have. It's really easy to perform an analysis on a small group of data in a big data sheet. If you want multiple kinds of graphs for a multitude of data groups, all the graphs will be sorted and neatly arrange in a easy to use overview. It's also really easy to combine SPSS with Excel (and other programs like Excel). You can easily use the data you have collected in excel, in SPSS. You just have to make sure that the data is arranged in the same way as SPSS, ortherwise SPSS won't be able to read your date.

Contras:

What I don't really like about SPSS is that it opens a lot of new windows. If you want to make a graph. It opens a new window for the graph, and if you want to edit this graph another's window will be open. So if you don't close each window after you use it, they'll eventually add up to such a number that it could get difficult to find the right window again. It's also quite difficult to start with SPSS (especially if you switch from Excel). Because there are so many options it could be difficult the find the one you are looking for, but after some time this won't be a problem anymore. SPSS also isn't easily used as a data collector. It's greatly restricted how and where you can fill in you data. So for data collection it's better to use a different program, like Excel.

Robertor R.
Lecturer en EE. UU.
Aprendizaje en línea, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

SPSS no longer that common

4 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: It's been a good experience but I honestly feel that it is dated software.

I liked learning this back when I was an undergraduate because I thought it was empowering to know these kinds of software. It was also a major statistical software to use for the Social Sciences it made conducting calculations much easier.

Contras:

I think what I like least about it is that it is no longer in use. Everyone uses Python and R for statistical analysis. I can't think of anyone today, especially those in the Big Data trend who would fall back on SPSS.

Takudzwa C.
Finance Assistant en Zimbabue
Comercio mayorista, 11-50 empleados

user friendly

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: SPSS has made it quite easier for me to perform various statistical analysis within a very short spave of time. Considering the fact that i am a busy person, SPSS helps a lot to analyze my data and it also give me chance to transform the analyzed data into visuals.

SPSS has regression and multiple regression analysis tools which give me accurate results in my data analytics.

Contras:

Some functions may be unfriendly to those who do not know research analysis especially in multiple regression analysis despite that their research questions may be requiring such statistical analysis.

Yahya M.
Yahya M.
Writer en Marruecos
Redacción y edición, Trabajador autónomo

IBM SPSS Statistics Review

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It is good, since I'm a researcher student, SPSS Statistics helps me a lot in many things

It is helpful in storing, cleaning, editing and analyzing the data, it also useful in interpretation of data and displaying charts, figures..., as well as it is easy to use and it facilitates the complex manual work. Furthermore, it is useful when conducting a research

Contras:

SPSS slows down the computer or the laptop if the data is huge; so you might need a good laptop to well function

Wanessa A.
Associate Researcher en Brasil
Práctica médica, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

SPSS is a great tool to study large amount of data

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: So far my experience has been good.

SPSS has all functionalities to analyze and report biological/ clinical data. The main advantage is the compatibility with databanks such as REDCap, allowing the direct data exporting, which facilitate the manage of data. Additionally, the software has lots of tools and offer several different ways to represent graphs and tables.

Contras:

I think the appearance of generated graphs could be improved. The graphs are not very beautiful.

Debarpan M.
Student en India
Marketing y publicidad, 501-1.000 empleados

Complete Data Analysis tool

5 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: We used SPSS to analyse survey data and uncover insights about consumer behaviour. We cleaned and standardised the data as per the requirements before performing multiple statistical tests. These statistical tests of significance aided in extracting insights from the data. With this we were able to approach a data driven strategy formulation. A number of graphical plots were developed as well to convey our recommendations to the stakeholders.

Huge scope of mathematical and numerical analysis Data transformation, data cleaning functionalities Advanced statistical analysis Plotting customised graphs Easy and intuitive interface Predictive analysis, statistical tests to analyse data from multiple domains such as finance, supply chain, demographics

Contras:

Reporting could be improved Pricing might be an obstacle for independent small-time developers

Amit K.
Assistant Professor en India
Investigación, 201-500 empleados

I like SPSS

5 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

The main aspect that I like about SPSS is its user friendly interface and the comprehensive output it generates.

Contras:

There is nothing specific I can think of.

Scott R.
Professor/Psychologist en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 11-50 empleados

The Best and The Rest

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: After being introduced to SPSS about 10 years ago I have never used any other similar product. I have even helped colleagues who use a different program with their analyses by saving their data to a USB, using SPSS in my office, and providing them with a hard copy of the results as well as the SPSS input/output data. Typically, they want to know how to get their hands on a copy of SPSS.

SPSS is a phenomenal resource for data analysis be it for an advanced statistician or a student learning basic research methodology. The program is designed to run very simple analyses (mean, mode, median, SD, T-Tests) to complex theoretical modeling in order to identify and name IV's and DV's. SPSS provides reader-friendly and exhaustive help within the program, as well as live help if needed (which, in my experience is not very often). I love the options that I can add to the output such as graphs, charts, histograms, and what specific data means based on what I want analyzed. Much easier to use that other programs of a similar nature, which means I spend less time asking a colleague in the Math Department if I am using the most appropriate analysis based on the data collected. Also, I appreciate how easy it is to copy and paste tables and images into a text document.

Contras:

Until there is a technology that allows one to immediately "download" large and complex bodies of information into the brain, I have little criticism for SPSS. If I am in deep water and do not fully understand what the "Help" section is telling me, I simply step backward until I reach a level that I do understand and move forward from there. Kind of like teaching myself. It is unreasonable to blame a program for my own limitations.

Team lead manager en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best stats package with the ease of functionality and mechanism.

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: My overall experience with SPSS has been great and I strongly recommend it. It is very useful in market research and business analytics industry as most research projects deal with descriptive and multivariate statistical approach. I have been using SPSS for last ten years and it has provided very good functionality with each update and version. Overall I highly recommend this software package.

Very easy to use. High level functionality and easy to perform mechanisms. Fine way of operations. Can run anything from basic descriptive statistics to high level simulations. Easy to import data in different formats (csv, xls, sav, etc.). Data cleaning process are easily executed which includes missing value imputation, data recoding, and data restructuring. Very functional in running multivariate methods like exploratory factor analysis, ANOVA, linear regression, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, and MANCOVA. Most operations are done through interactive dashboard, which is hassle free. Overall it is a great statistical package to run different analysis at a very affordable price.

Contras:

It is tedious to do multiple iterations using SPSS. Syntax functionality is low and lines of codes become exhaustive when you run monte carlo simulations. The most challenging aspect is to run simulations with large data sets. The support provided by the support team doesn't extend beyond technical support. SPSS requires add ons for running the simulations which cost extra to the users. Overall it is deficient in running certain simulations.

Carlos T.
Carlos T.
Gerente de Proyectos y Comunicaciones en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Analyze the information of your work with this software specialized in statistics.

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: The use of IBM SPSS by our company has generated excellent results in the planning, management and dissemination of our management as a Health Center. It is thanks to the options of IBM SPSS, that I have been able to systematize, compare and analyze large databases of our patients, offering better solutions to their problems and establishing the statistical data necessary for the evaluation of our activities. Large companies that wish to project themselves and compete in the market, I recommend that they use this software and thus will be able to make the best management decisions according to the evaluation of the data inherent to their company.

IBM SPSS, is a very sophisticated software that specializes in statistical analysis according to different data and variables such as graphical databases, probabilities, percentiles and so on. The most outstanding feature of this software is that it has many modules, which are the computer language of the software and allow a more exhaustive analysis of the information collected in your work. Among the most outstanding modules we have tables, categories of variables, joint analyses, maps, exact tests, data validation, analysis of lost values. It is a software that, with practice becomes the best tool for database analysis thanks to its file system, which facilitates the processing of information. Another advantage of this software is that it considerably reduces the analysis time of statistical variables, making the productivity of workers is optimal.

Contras:

In order to fully manage IBM SPSS, it is necessary to apply certain computer knowledge, which means that not everyone, including expert social scientists, can use this software in its entirety.

Luca G.
CEO en Italia
Estudios de mercado, 2-10 empleados

The history of statistics

4 hace 2 años

Comentarios: This is the software that I use the most for my work and, even if at times I have to struggle a little to perform "new things", I always find a way. I managed to automate many many tasks and I have reached a very high level of productivity, meaning that I can click a button, let the computer run all nights, and the morning after I find all the jobs done.

The ability to perform almost all easy and complex statistical analysys without writing code AND the possibility to automate simple and complex tasks by actually writing code. This software is huge and it supports a very large set of feautures.

Contras:

This software is a milestone for statisticians of all over the world. I've been using it for more than 30 years. This means that this software is aging more and more, and perhaps it needs a faster modernization cycle than the current.

Thuffail T.
Thuffail T.
Engineer en Sri Lanka
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Analyze your data with statistical theories

4 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: I used SPSS for research projects in Master of Business Administration. In the beginning data analyzing and learning the use of software was a time consuming process. I understood that this software can also used for organizational data analysis where sufficient data is available. However , the software lacks intelligence to select correct data out of the imported data therefore data cleansing is important.

Data can be easily imported to the software from data bases and Excel. Once the data is imported the graphical depiction of the data can be used to identify the behavior of data. After understanding the behavior of the data the data can be analyzed using the available statistical models. The most suitable statistical model for the data can be finalized in the process of data analysis. The software has a broad range of statistical models build on linear and regression theories and models. The software is easy to use with an unsophisticated menu driven interface. Anyone with basic mathematical knowledge can use the software for the analysis. An expert in statistics is not needed as data analyzing consists of few simple steps. However , 3- 4 weeks is needed to properly familiarize with the software. Basically four steps can be identified in using this software. First step is importing data , second step is selection of a procedure , third step is selection of a variable for data analyzing and fourth step is generating of results.

Contras:

The efficiency of the software decreases when the size of data increases. Therefore, this can be a major drawback when used in the sectors such as health care. SPSS has 2 main windows one depicting data and the other depicting results. Therefore the software is too simple with limited windows. The software is very similar to excel and most of the results obtained in SPSS also can be obtained in excel by complex calculations .This is comparatively expensive compared to the similar software. The data should be cleaned before analysis in order to generate correct results.

Arpine A.
Arpine A.
Marketing Specialist en Armenia
Telecomunicaciones, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Data management and analysis software for newbies and for professionals

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have started to use SPSS when I was a student, now I have 10+ years of experience using it. Thanks to its user-friendly interface it is quite easy for the newbies to get started with the software, and after a while be proficient to use the syntax and optimize the time when managing databases and running analysis.

The software has almost all the tools the analyst or database manager needs to have. The newer versions also support Armenian characters, which is a huge improvement of the database quality, there is no need any more to transcribe tons of questions and responses. Also, there are tons of tutorials with detailed explanation, also thick books for folks who prefer the old school method. When writing this review, I couldn't assess the support center, and I caught myself thinking that there are plenty of SPSS users out there and once googled some question, eventually many reviews pop up. That is why I have never contacted the support for help.

Contras:

When working with large databases, specifically if there are multiple textual columns (non-numeric), the work of the program as well as the computer is obviously slowing down. Another point is that the missing values should be max 3 or a range plus one value. When creating the variable and defining missing values, one should pay attention and set the values so they won't need to do the re-coding.

Steven D.
Steven D.
Independent Contractor en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, Trabajador autónomo

A sports car product

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I've used SPSS since it was only available on mainframe computers and so I am quite comfortable with the software. I can move data in and out of the system. I use SPSS for evaluation but always move to something else for visualization.

SPSS is a feature rich product that has evolved to serve professional statisticians. It can do almost everything you could imagine. The new integration with R makes it even more capable. If you are trying to perform advanced modeling it can do it. It accepts data in most formats and can export data with ease.

Contras:

Like a sports car, it is not easy. The menu system is not intuitive and options can be fussy. After years of working with it, I sometimes still end up searching for the test I want. The graphics are widely accepted in academic publications but are far behind those for the more commercial press. Tables often must be reworked to meet the standards necessary for any quality report. The software comes in several flavors. This is great for saving money but often leaves people wanting features or tests only available in the next upgrade. Given the high cost of the software -- particularly for business customers -- an upgrade can be prohibitive.

Thomas D.
Data analyst en Camerún
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The ultimate tool for data entry and analysis of large databases!

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: For more than 6 years now, in our missions of baseline studies, market and impact assessments of projects; after some missions of large-scale information collection via paper and/or digital media, we have always opted for the use of IBM SPSS software as a tool for data entry and/or analysis. It is an excellent tool for data entry because it is easy to use when setting up a data entry mask and it is also easy to use by the data entry agents. We also use it regularly for statistical analysis (PCA, AFM, Student's t test, etc.) and sometimes econometric analysis (OLS, Oprobit, Probit, Logit, etc.). Therefore, it is a very useful software for statistical, graphical and sometimes econometric analyses of large databases.

Excellent software for entering questionnaires, coding variables and analyzing primary data. Easy to use and available in several languages (including English and French). Its interface is very attractive and designed.

Contras:

The software is much more suited to the analysis of survey data and performs poorly in the specification of econometric models of panel data.

criminologist en Argentina
Administración educativa, 501-1.000 empleados

Criminologist's best friend

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: The SPSS has been part of my training as a professional, and later I have used it very often in the development of my theses to obtain higher academic degrees. In my profession, it is very useful to process statistical information that helps to make appropriate decisions regarding public policy. So he's my best friend as a criminologist.

The SPSS is part of the training of any criminologist interested in studying the criminal phenomenon. It is a complete program that allows any statistical analysis to help generate tables, graphs, and perform statistical tests that allow variables to be associated. It is very easy to use and has a very nice interface. Each new version incorporates interesting elements that allow the analysis to be extended, even with qualitative data. I use it very often in research and to present information of statistical relevance. It is the best statistical package for the social sciences. Of course it is used by many scientific disciplines such as sociology and psychology.

Contras:

It may seem expensive at first, but the benefits are numerous, and it is worth investing in it. Of the rest I have nothing negative to say.

Jayaprakash S.
Town Planner en Sri Lanka
Arquitectura y planificación, 501-1.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Effective software platform which helps to perform statiscal analysis and Structured data entry task

4 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: Our organisation prepares insightfull reports and summary statistics with the support of SPSS, it benefits to the productivity of the projects and decision making process.

I have been using 32-bit version of IBM SPSS statistic software for more than 5 years to perform various statistical analysis and data entry purposes. It is a flexible software to analyze large set of tabular data compares to other products. It also provides the user-friendly platform to set up and carry out the data entries which can help to enter the data from the questionnaire surveys effectively. SPSS designed to support all required statistical analysis for decision making which range from descriptive statistical functions such as central tendency, distribution and shape to certain inferential statistical assessments. Obviously, SPSS software is a great option for statistical analysis and data entries to both academics and enterprise users.

Contras:

In order to perform statistical analysis users must have the knowledge in scripting to operate the tools in SPSS (Especially in the desktop version). Cost is another drawback, however there are several options available including monthly subscription methods and academic editions.

Customer Service Representative en EE. UU.
Investigación, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

SPSS is Value for Money

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have used it to analyze data collected from market research for the services I offer. I am able to then make informed decisions from the trends I observe through the analyses.

As a student of the social sciences, I was expected to conduct research and calculate appropriate statistics in order to draw accurate conclusions. I became overwhelmed by the complex nature of these calculations. I was relieved to discover that, in the real world, I was not expected to calculate t-tests, ANOVA, chi-square (and countless others) manually. I remember having several aha moments during my Data Analysis course as we were taught the software step-by-step. This software has since become a mainstay in my personal and professional life. I once used it to analyze upwards of 300 questionnaires and was blown away at how easily and quickly I was able to compare the data. There were 6 demographic questions and I was able to breakdown responses based on each classification. It offers a wealth of statistical capabilities at the touch of a button.

Contras:

It is intimidating at first. It is also rather expensive.

Ingrid Y.
Public Health consultant en Camerún
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The life saving software for data entry and analysis

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: As an epidemiologist, I work with data in the form of numbers on the daily. SPSS is very reliable and the export feature to excel is absolutely great. It generates graphs and that makes the presentation and interpretation of results easier. I was recently working on blood donation at the level of a central blood bank and SPSS was a life saver, working on a population of 2000 blood donors and being able to provide answers on the epidemiological characteristics of these blood donors in order to develop subsequent strategies for donor retention and recruitement was urgent and in the short deadline i had, SPSS was the only software which helped me reach the given ojectives. This is one out of many cases where SPSS was on point.

First of all the interface is amazing and you can easily switch from variable view to data view. This makes it easy to keep track of your work and progress and make sure the data you are entering is correct. It is incredibly easy to create a data base and insert your collected data. It is simple and user friendly. In the healthcare domain, we work with so many variables and have very large sample sizes most of the time, and being able to sort cases as well as variables makes this app a game changer compared to previous ones I have come across and used. With basic statistical knowledge it is possible for anyone to carry out statistical operations and as an epidemiologist this is perfect for me as I can analyze my data by myself and move on to interpreting the results.

Contras:

I believe this software is heavy and it is always slow to start when opened, it takes quite a while and since it is one I use all the time, I have it installed on all my laptops and it always tends to be slow which can be tiresome especially when you are in a rush to carry out an operation to see the results and quickly interprete. Apart from that the software itself once opened is quick and prompt in its responses.

Jose M.
Jose M.
COORDINADOR DE CONTROL DE ESTUDIOS Y EVALUACIÓN en Venezuela
Fuente de la reseña

A great tool for the statistical analysis of data for its simplicity and excellent results

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Ease and speed in the analysis of large volumes of data, in addition to a wide possibility for the treatment of them in a single software and for a price quote adequate to the results provided

It is an excellent software for handling large volumes of data, because it allows in a simple way without great technical knowledge to perform from simple statistical calculations, descriptive statistics, data validation to inferential or predictive statistics. It is designed in a simple and user-friendly way since it is not necessary to use complex knowledge to encode data when using qualitative data. In relation to the predictive information that allows to generate is of great support for decision making, especially through the statistical models generated by the data under study, thus allowing the obtaining of models whose level of confidence can reach up to 95% . In a few words, an ideal software for research, mainly in the social area.

Contras:

Due to the large number of possibilities it offers for the treatment and analysis of data, it can be quite overwhelming in principle, especially if the differences between each of the analysis possibilities it provides are not clear. This also means that it is necessary to dedicate a considerable time to explore each one of the possibilities that it offers and to see the tutorials offered for the use of the software. Another disadvantage is the quality of the generated graphics, if we compare them with other similar software for the handling and analysis of data that exist in the market, since if we want to have better quality graphics, mainly if we need to make presentations in general we must go to other software.

Ryan E.
Ryan E.
Assistant Professor of Instruction en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The industry leader for ages (...and it shows)

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Once I learned how to use SPSS to do what I needed it to do, it became an invaluable tool and a critical part of my workflow--indeed, trying to learn other statistical software packages after figuring out SPSS felt a bit like trying to "unlearn" how to ride a bike. It does have its quirks and flaws, mainly surrounding its UI, but these are literally cosmetic.

The range of statistical tests and techniques available from the get-go in SPSS is unmatched, and there are additional modules that can be added to expand the software's abilities. It becomes relatively intuitive the more you use it, and its export options for the results it calculates are quite robust.

Contras:

SPSS is quite intimidating if you've never used it before, and without guidance, it may feel almost impossible to get started with it. Perhaps its biggest problem is its ongoing legacy support for previous versions--in other words, IBM periodically seems to slap a new front end on the software, but with just a click or two, you immediately encounter dialog boxes and windows that look like they belong on a machine running Windows XP (...or earlier!). The overreliance on pop-up windows makes the interface even more dated and clunky. Honestly, IBM should completely gut the software and start over from scratch, but presumably that's too big of a task, which leaves us with this black box that has been coated with dozens of layers of proverbial paint.