15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre Zen Planner

Software de gestión de miembros de gimnasios con procesamiento de pagos, sitios web integrados, seguimiento de la asistencia, programación, automatizaciones y más.

Descubre más sobre Zen Planner

It was a very cheap cost to have the application run so for that it was very good since the cost of the gym was so high.

Contras:

Grading (movement between programs and belt levels) is difficult.

Valoraciones de Zen Planner

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Zen Planner tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 246 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Zen Planner antes?

Filtrar opiniones (246)

Santiago
ingenieria sistemas en Colombia
Hardware informático, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

goind mode zen with Zen planner

4,0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Buena, es un excelente medio de gestión para los gimnasios

Una de las cosas que mas destaco es el excelente servicio al cliente y lo explicativo que son para la implementación del software lo cual ayuda bastante a la implementación del mismo en el entorno

Contras:

Nada que añadir por ahora, el software simplemente se desempeña bien.

Jody
Jody
Head Teaching Professional en Canadá
Deportes, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Very Helpful Customer Service!!!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Zen Planner software has enabled our company to introduce a program to our customers in a seamless fashion. Their customer service was vital in helping us with this process.

The software is very slick and versatile!

Contras:

There was a lot to learn that I wasn't familiar with.

hace 5 años

Happy to hear it - thanks Jody!

Itzak
CEO/Owner en EE. UU.
Deportes, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Perfect for managing a martial arts studio

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I was really impressed on how well they understand how martial art schools work. The software takes into account everything you need to keep your school running - from scheduling out classes students reserve for, to taking payments and setting up merchant accounts, to desk check-in software, to students having their own portal to track their membership and status. Customer support was very helpful during the onboarding.

You can tell this software was designed for martial artists. One of my favorite things you can do is designate belt rankings to students, and design your system in a way that when a student is ready to test for the next belt, whether its the amount of time they've been training with the studio, to achieving certain skills required, Zen Planner notifies you and helps you plan belt testing. I loved that they recognize how important it is for martial art schools to know where students rank. I was able to plan out all my belts, what skills are required and minimum of time with the school they need to have to test. Most gym software don't recognize all the small nuances that martial art schools need to track where their students stand.

Contras:

The apps for desk login can be a little buggie sometimes and require an update or reset the iPad to get the software to work.

hace 3 años

Thank you so much for your review. We are proud to empower and serve martial arts communities around the globe.

Richard
President en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Good software; Horrible back office customer service!

3,0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: ZP's back office customer service is horrible. In fact, "customer service is a misnomer; it is actually customer disservice. ZP's tech support is, from time to time, difficult to access by phone, but the tech support staff is excellent. Additionally, the software is highly evolved, fairly intuitive and reliable.

Zen Planner has nearly all features we require to run our school of traditional Japanese karate, including payment processing, rank tracking, online store, class and event management.

Contras:

We started with ZP in late 2023 and had fully migrated by March 2024. In December 2023, we decided to change banks and asked ZP and its payment processor, Gains, to do so. For four months, we've been waiting for them to resolve this issue, but they don't answer our emails and refuse to telephone us to make this simple back-office change. We are mystified and disappointed. So, we've let them know we'll leave ZP if they don't resolve this matter by May 1, 2024.

Teagan
Assistant Opperational Manager en EE. UU.

Finally Found the Right System

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: This software has made this much more simple and allowed us to enhance our customers experience in our facility!

-Set up was detailed step by step process and had video reviews that our staff could go back to -Customer service is the best that we have seen -Hotline always has a person you can talk to (have answered every question we have had and has taught us how to solve the problem should it ever come up again) - Hotline is available 7am-7pm -Email (you can send a detailed email and have it answered within one business day) - Our on-boarding assistant fallowed up with us after a month to make sure everything was running - Has easy quick reporting - Great schedule (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) -Great point of sale (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) - Mobil app is simple for customers and makes scheduling simple

Contras:

online mobil site cannot work with out cookies which most smart phones automatically disable so we needed to send out an email with instructions on how to enable them

hace 5 años

Thank you for the review, Teagan! We're glad you've found the right system for your business!

Kim
Owner & Instructor en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

You can't beat their support team!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I am love the people at ZP. There isn't one person I've come in contact with that hasn't been helpful, positive, encouraging, understanding and cheerful. I went to their office because I was starting a new program and wanted help with the set up of the program and the membership. They set me up with one person to be my helper that day. Now what company will do that? I can tell you that no other software company I've used would've offered me that. Also, love the Zen Academy. I learned about so many more things the software could do for me that I wasn't either using or doing in a google spreadsheet . So now ZP is helping me save more precious time and I'm learning more about my business in the process. Thank you reports and automations!

Honestly, their customer support! However, I don't have to call often as the on boarding team set me up wonderfully to begin with. But the support articles answer almost all my questions so I don't have to call. I am a small studio and don't have a front desk staff but ZP does it all for me (well, allows my clients to do it all for me). It is super easy to use on all fronts.

Contras:

I have't run into anything that I don't like. I use ZP on my laptop in a web browser and I've found it confusing to try the staff app on my phone or tablet. This old dog struggles with learning new tricks :) So we can't blame ZP for that.

hace 5 años

Thanks for your feedback, Kim!

Jen
Event Coordinator en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados

Customer support is outstanding

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I'd give it a B- on a grading scale. The customer support is outstanding but any time you want to go beyond just keeping track of how many students you have, things become way too complicated.

Customer support really is top notch. The on boarding team is fantastic and truly went out of their way to ensure we had every available resource for success. Any little quirky issue or question we have is answered quickly and professionally by the customer support team. They are fantastic.

Contras:

The basics are great but it seems to go from "ok to use" to "I have absolutely no idea what to do here" the minute any complication arises. There does not need to be a "staff user" and a "kiosk mode" on the Ipads, it confuses everyone and wastes a lot of time. Converting reports to pdf feature should be a breeze, but doesn't convert the entire report and is useless. It should have a much easier pos system as well. No real way for instructors to leave notes for students, why not? Never use the mass email or text because its just too complicated-these things can be fixed if they gave it some attention.

hace 4 años

Thanks, Jen, we'll pass your good words on to our customer support team!

Liz
CEO en EE. UU.
Deportes, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Used it for three years - feature rich but hard to use

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We switched from Mindbody to Zenplanner and used it for three years. Zenplanner is chock full of features (other than membership discounts, as mentioned above), but it's so full of features that it becomes clunky and hard to use. I could do just about anything from my admin account, but my fellow coaches who spent less time in it had a harder time working with it. Customers also struggled a lot. We have now switched to Upper Hand, and while it has fewer features and the reports aren't as good, our customers are actually booking their own classes instead of making me do it.

I was the primary account administrator, and I could fix just about anything retroactively. Once you really know your way around, it's got almost everything you could think to want. There are a lot of customization options for emails you can send your customers, and it was easy to check which emails an individual had opened. The reports were great. Best reporting I've seen, and it's pretty much the only thing I'll miss. Support was good - very responsive, with multiple ways to contact them. I also appreciated the discounts they gave businesses at the start of the COVID shutdowns.

Contras:

The software was very difficult for customers to use, so much that about half of our parents (and a couple of our coaches) just wanted me to do everything for them. Doing so on my end was time-consuming. Zenplanner offers some options to integrate with our existing website, but it didn't work in every circumstance. What customers could do from our primary domain was pretty limited, and it wasn't easy to switch back and forth between our site and the ZP site. Zenplanner does not offer automatically-applied membership discounts, so we had to have customers use offer codes. Membership discounts (such as on retail or private lessons) are pretty standard in fitness businesses and not having that option was a major pain. There was no way to easily see which coaches had availability at which times.

Maribel
Co-Owner en EE. UU.

Keeps me organized

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I'm not the most organized person and doing all admin, billing as well a coaching my clients, Zen Planner helps to keep the back end of my business organized and running smoothly. The automations are great if they're set up correctly. Their customer support is amazing!! Not much waiting time and my issues are always resolved. When I started, they're pricing was pretty competitive. Although, they've gotten much pricier over the past year.

Having automated billing, emails and scheduling. Being able to pull billing reports at a moment's notice to see where my finances are is a plus.

Contras:

Having so many options for reports and automations. It can be very confusing at times and sometimes having two steps to accomplish a task isn't clear.

Thank you, Maribel!

drew
owner en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

easy to use to run my business for apointment settings

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: this has done wonders for my business I dont need someone to confirm appointments

when setting apointments customers can do it online and it sends out confirmations and reminds of appointments so they have no excuse to not miss an appointment

Contras:

could be cheaper per month. sometimes is slow but does the job

hace 5 años

Thank you for the kind words, Drew!

Alejandro
Alejandro
Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Excellent product with futures that are practical, easy to use, and visually appealing

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Endless , independence and function. Being a small business owner it allows me to run and automate many things such as financial reports, workouts, attendance. Reservation, automations of emails for customer retention , sales funnel , customer support, technically forward thingkong woth use of apps for iPad and iPhone to allow me to function on the run , away from the office, in the field, and manage coaches.

I love zenplanner. They started out with few features and no apps but they promised to improve regularly and they deliver. In the short 4 years I have been using they have incorporated a staff app for the iPhone, a users app to reserve, keep track of workouts , PRs, billing and much more. an app for the front desk to use as checking in, reserving, adding new clients at ease. On each of these products they improve and incorporated new needed features faster than any software I have ever used. Their customer service is truly second to none. Helping you not only in the set up stage but anytime you need help and they work to resolve your problem immediately. The software not only is packed full of great functions for financial, workout writing and publishing, emailing automation, reports of attendance, finances , and mass email intervention but it does it with a sleek appearance that is not only visually appealing but with an easy of use that it's simple and powerful.

Contras:

Software is still growing and some features , not many anymore, can be improved. This is truly the worse thing I can think off as I have tried many many others do never been so satisfied and impressed with them delivering a great product and on a regular bases truly adding features to improve it without making it more complicated for the user.

Ross
owner en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Zen planner does an ok job

2,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Would not waste my time with this software, they don't deliver on their promises, invent fees to access your data, don't follow through with their support. It took me 3 months to get them to finish my cancelation as they kept sending emails to students saying they owed because their payments failed AFTER I switched to another system. Very unprofessional and rude.

It was quite a bit less per month then any of the other software I checked into at the time. It did an ok job for doing parents nights out.

Contras:

On the surface it looks like it will do a good job but in reality it is buggy, poorly implemented and just didn't deliver on the promises it was supposed to.

Stephen
Martial Arts Instructor en EE. UU.
Deportes, 2-10 empleados

Go elsewhere

3,0 hace 4 años

At first the software fit most criteria's that our business needed. They had great integration to our existing merchant. Great membership customization, billing, customizable charts, and belt promotion system.

Contras:

Software had a bland, early 2000's look to it UI. Very outdated. Our member's portal lacked tons a features and many of our members disliked having to go into their app to setup or alter anything. Signing up a new student or trial lesson through the tablet was a mess. It lacks customization and the overall UI would not work well with our tablets. We reverted back to having our student's sign up on paper and later be added manually to the system through an administrator. Completely eliminating our paperless needs. I can keep going on about their very weak waiver system, email templates, customer support and lack of any regular updates, however, the overall reason we had to let go of the software as a whole was that they no longer supported our existing merchant. At the start of it all they were fine with us keeping our existing merchant. They charged a small $20/monthly fee for "maintenance" which I guess we were fine with paying. However, after a year or so of using we received a noticed that they were completely removing the option of us keeping our existing merchant unless we wanted to pay more than double our existing overall monthly bill. Not only were we not satisfied with the software, we were being charged more than double to keep it. Overall we would not recommend this software. It seems as if the team behind it has lost heart for the program and isn't keeping up with the competition.

Kelly
Studio Owner en Australia
Fuente de la reseña

Zen Planner is great - PaySimple is shit - They really need to find a new way to take payments.

2,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: As I said, Great but at the end of the day I can't handle the ridiculously overpriced dishonour fees that EziDebit charges and I am afraid I am already looking for a new software system. I dread the change but unless Zen Planner ditches EziDebit/PaySimple - I just can't support them anymore. I think I will move to Glofox.

I love the easy to use back end and the app is something that my students absolutely love - it is so easy for them to book into classes. Plus it is great being able to do pay reports for my teachers through the back end.

Contras:

I am a big fan of Zen Planner but I have to say the payment platform with who they partner with is absolutely terrible. EasyDebit/PaySimple really let's Zen Planner down with exorbitant fees, delayed processing (then they charge a big dishonour fee to my customers) and an archaic user interface. I really think it's time that Zen Planner ditched EasyDebit and switched to Stripe or another payment gateway with more reasonable fees, immediate processing and an easy to use app that makes for easy refund of customer money if needed. Also can't make the reports as specific as I would like - e.g. see income per month for a specific income category which is frustrating.

Mary Ellen
Director of Communications en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados

Solid Product for Crossfit Gyms

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I do not use it for my business, but have used it as an avid fitness enthusiast for over 2 years. It is nice when gyms all over the country use this software. I can have multiple gym memberships under 1 zenplanner account and switch between them.

I have used this program at 3 crossfit facilities and have enjoyed it for viewing WODs, signing up for classes, and storing workout information and PRs. I enjoy the leaderboard feature and the support you can give your gym mates.

Contras:

I wish you could add features like workout videos for various exercises that are scheduled. I find some gyms do not utilize all of the features correctly, and that can make the app rather pointless. If you are not using this app to sign up for classes, log workouts, not using the leader board feature, you really aren't getting your money's worth.

hace 5 años

Thanks for the review, Mary Ellen! We've recently integrated our software with SugarWOD to improve our WOD experience even more!

jenny
CEO en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

It's significantly lacking in options for subscription membership software.

1,0 hace 7 años

I went through their entire onboarding process and with each session discovered more and more things that did not work. At best they have nice color schemes to pick from... No one's selecting their software for the color schemes, so that is essentially the biggest pro there is to Zenplanner.

Contras:

Extremely limited in use. You can't have more than one 'drop-in' on an account, you can't take a deposit for an appointment without becoming a member, you can't attach a waiver to an appointment despite the variety of appointments that may exist from a gym to a yoga studio to all the other 'fitness' businesses they boast being able to manage. You can't have a group membership, therefore every single person--children included have to go through a ridiculous process of that is in no way streamlined. It can't differentiate in membership options. The list goes on and on. Basically, they hired a good marketing company and told their sales team to 'make the sale' no matter what... The needs we stated for our business was simple and we were assured that Zenplanner could perform them. Going through the onboarding process was like repeatedly being told "no it can't do that" and "oh sorry, no it can't do that either". We ended up canceling before we even started and then they refused to refund the inital payment AND to the real treat: CHARGED ME FOR AN ADDITIONAL MONTH despite the fact that I had clearly been unhappy with the product. The point being they could care less about your satisfaction and so once you sign up--they've got you...

hace 7 años

Hi Jenny, I¿m sorry you had a negative experience with our software. We understand that Zen Planner was not a good fit for your business and we typically try to catch this early on in the sales process. Unfortunately, this did not happen in your situation but we will take this feedback and use it in future trainings. As for the charge for the additional month, the terms you signed requires a 30 day notice before cancellation, no matter the circumstance. Thanks again and best of luck!

Colin
Owner en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Solid software, great support.

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Zen Planner takes care of our membership tracking, payments, scheduling. It can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.

We've used Zen Planner in our gym for six years, and it's been pretty uneventful overall - which is what you want with such software. It does its job with a minimum of drama. Any issues we've had have been dealt with in a timely fashion. We do not use the workout programming feature (we went with SugarWOD for that), so I can't comment on that particular feature.

Contras:

Zen Planner is good about making constant improvements, but there have been some things over the years that are a bit clunky and not necessarily intuitive to use. It's likely a function of building incremental improvements into existing software rather than starting with a clean slate.

hace 5 años

Thanks for the feedback, Colin!

Dennis
Owner/Master Instructor en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

The best customer service crew on the planet!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Every (and I mean EVERY) time I contact customer support, I am astounded at not only the response speed, but in the quality and thoroughness of the help I get. Their support techs are incredibly helpful and friendly. I am always blown away at the level of service and support I get from them.

I like that it is very easy to set up and use. From the daily dashboard to the automated messages and prospect funnel, the system is set up to save time (and $$). The website integration is also very easy and I have yet to discover the limits of their robust reporting system.

Contras:

That there is so much available that I probably only use a small percentage of its functionality.

hace 5 años

Thank you Dennis! We're happy to hear you're loving our customer advocate team. We think they're pretty great, too :)

Reenie
CEO en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

Outstanding customer service as always.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: It helps me automate and streamline my systems and processes. I only wish it had the capacity for me to plop in all my expenses. Then, It would be golden! I would be able to replace my accounting software and have everything all in one place.

It's ease of use. It is laid out in a simplistic format that is easy to navigate. The customer service team is outstanding. They always go above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction with the platform.

Contras:

The lack of text feature but that has now been rectified for Cdn customers. The only other less than desirable thing about the platform is the tiered billing. Personally, I truly don't see a need to have different billing if I have 50 students or 75. It should be one flat rate straight across.

Keesey
Member Manager en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados

Great Experience!

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I absolutely love Zen Planner Help Desk. They are the most patient and helpful people EVER. Never have I called and hung up without a solution to my issue. I wish I could have them for my daily life!

It's simplicity. It's not overly complicated and buttons are easy to find.

Contras:

Reports and the filters within it can be confusing; sometimes I'm not sure what terminology or keyword I need to use to produce a report I need - or if I'm supposed to use a whole number in a text box or spell it out...

hace 4 años

Thank you for the kind words, Keesey! I'll pass along your review to our support team!

Software informático, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Zen planner is an excellent tool for planning and management of menbres

3,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I had a great experience with zen planner

The software is easy to use and features important tools that simplify the operations of a company, such as integrated payment processing

Contras:

Difficult to access the software on a mobile

Andrew
Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Way less complaints than other owners

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: It’s been positive. It’s better than previous software, I’d like more, but from other conversations I’ve had and things I hear about other apps I am not sure that there is much better.

It’s makes a lot of sense to use. Some things aren’t obvious necessarily at first, but once you get there it all makes sense.

Contras:

It feels pretty limited in reporting. Not because it actually is, but more because the options for them are too specific. Workout tracking is kind of a joke. It hasn’t been updated since it premiered and it’s not “fun” for members to use at all. We’ve since switched workout tracking to sugar WoD.

Ryan
Personal Trainer en EE. UU.

Needs a better app

4,0 hace 6 años

Support team is great, and really helps in the on boarding process. They are very fast in response time and give many options for helping solve situations.

Contras:

Scheduling ahead of the current week is a little confusing. The calendar keeps jumping back to the current week whenever a new appointment is added ahead. Also cannot add appointments within the day. A little confusing and not the most efficient. The app is terrible. No ability to schedule clients (at least as far as I have been able to do) and is pretty overall useless to me.

hace 6 años

Hey Ryan, thanks for your feedback. We're happy to share you can now schedule appointments in Staff App! Check out the tutorial here: https://help.zenplanner.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005456213

Craig
Gym owner en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte

Zen Planner...SMH

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: As someone who isnt great in the deep magical world of computers...Zen planner was supposed to make things easier.
My first appointment... the person was late for the on boarding (teaching me how to use software). They were also late for the second on but notified me this time.
There were small billing issues and the support I recieved to correct situations was beyond useless.
The relationship ended by them canceling my account out with only an email and refusal to get on the phone with me to explain themselves.
This sounds disgruntled ... I know. There are a few people I know who have had the same experience.
The company has a great base but didnt personally deal with me very well. My gym will close now because I have no way to bill my customers that dont come in daily

The concept is good

Contras:

It difficutl to use cause the training on using it is very laxed

Tavia
owner/admin en EE. UU.
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado
Fuente de la reseña

Payroll is terrible - that's a HUGE part of my job that I am now doing manually!!!

3,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Switched from MindBody in October and I wish I hadn't. Mind body was unwieldy and cumbersome, but I could do everything I needed. Mind body is easier to use by my clients and it's great for collecting money, but it's TERRIBLE for doing payroll. I have a martial arts school and fitness center. We also do private training. I am now having to figure out private training by hand and I am still struggling to accurately pay my fitness people from NOVEMBER because I can't run the reports I would like. I don't pay out on pre-purchased packages until the classes are used, and we pay our staff on a per person rate, and there is literally NO WAY I can get an accurate report for this. So it's great for managing clients, and the client portal is good, and I can easily collect money, but after that, it's absolutely useless. I've called them about it and I've basically been told that yes, payroll is awful, no, there are no immediate changes to this, but hopefully if enough people complain they'll make it a programming priority.

hace 8 años

We apologize for the challenges you've experienced with payroll since implementing our solution, Tavia. We understand that you have specific functionality needs for payroll, and unfortunately our solution currently does not meet these needs. Our Product Team is evaluating enhancements to our payroll capability, including paying by appointment, but we do not have an anticipated release date at this point in time. We truly appreciate feedback like this, as feature requests from our current customers help drive product enhancements. Please continue to reach out to our Customer Advocate team with any requests you may have. Our team welcomes this type of feedback, and will work diligently to help you find a solution to any issues you may encounter.