Filtrar por:

• En general
  • Facilidad de uso
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Kareo Billing

Una tecnología de facturación fiable y probada para consultas independientes. Simplifica la facturación médica y mantén el control de tu consulta.

Descubre más sobre Kareo Billing

Mostrando 589 opiniones

Teegan F.
Teegan F.
Fuente de la reseña

Great EHR with room for improvement for natural healthcare providers

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Using Kareo has been a overall great experience. It does almost everything we want it to do well, and the few things it needs to improve it at least allows you to do partially.

I love the layout of Kareo. The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional. The clinical portion is great as it shows all the sections of the note on one page. The ability to add and remove sections is also very useful. The interaction checker is nice, but needs improvement. The iPad app is really slick and I preferring using it when adjusting my patients (Chiropractor), as it allows me to quickly tap on each segment I'm adjusting from a list.

Contras:

There is very little support for natural products/supplements in Kareo. You CAN make it work, but it's definitely not easy - requiring manually entering every single product you wish to recommend in the "Drug Favorites" section.

Tracy G.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 2-10 empleados

Kareo has great reporting

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Kareo has been an improvement from our previous software. I appreciate that the cost each month has been predictable and fair.

The reporting capabilities and customization of reporting is the most valuable feature to us. We are able to give our clients a more comprehensive view of the financial health of their practice. Contract management reports and analysis reports help us to give suggestions and analyze the data coming in so that providers and practice managers can see how claims are processing and where the money is coming from and going to.

Contras:

The ERA enrollment process has been a nightmare. I feel like this process was not adequately described to us, and it has been dramatically more time consuming and labor-intensive than we thought it would be. Customer support has been inconsistent. In some circumstances, the representatives have been very helpful, but in others, they have been disconnected and unable to adequately resolve issues.

Kalliste E.
Practice Manager en EE. UU.
Medicina alternativa, 11-50 empleados

Maybe Try Again in a Few Years

1 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Poor experience. ALL EHRs have glitches and issues, but this is terrible.

The product on the app is ok to use once you set it all up.

Contras:

Customer "Support" - Kareo has a vast support section, but you have to know EXACTLY what to type in to get results that are not buried in 30 other pages of key words. When you try to get answers to your questions, the support people try to assist, but the answer invariably is: here's the link to submit input for upcoming changes - changes that are NEVER implemented. Billing: Kareo does not even have a basic way to create an invoice for patient copays that were collected. Patients complain that there is not transparency - and they're 100% correct! The statements don't track the patient payments along with the insurance payments. Unapplied balances sit in a patient's account for months even though payment was received and processed. This created all manner of problems for paying our providers and our ability to close-out year-end. Overall: Kareo requires a browser interface mostly for scheduling/provider SOAP notes and a desktop interface for billing. These are NOT integrated nor synched often enough and you have to bounce between the two to provide patients information about their billing. There's ability to task in the desktop, but not in the browser. You receive EVERYONE's patient confirmation messages regardless of your role. There's no way to search your messages or even to categorize them or keep them in folders for locating them. There was no onboarding training for our staff and so NONE of these issues were identified before we started.

Respuesta Kareo

hace 4 meses

Hello Kalliste, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if you've experienced any confusion while using Kareo. Our records show that you did have an implementation period from September of 2020 to February of 2021 where you had direct access to one of our implementation coaches. We do offer a variety of webinars & training videos through Kareo University & our customers are given access & asked to complete them upon signing up. For clarification, there absolutely is an active integration between our Practice Management & EHR system. Regarding patient payments, we'd like to discuss this further with you to find a workflow that helps account for patient payments/visits. In addition, If you do not want to receive messages from patients replying to appointments with other providers in your practice, you can turn off the "Office Staff" role for your user account. We will have a specialist reach out to you soon who can discuss this and your other concerns in more depth. Thank You, Kareo

Peggy U.
Office Manager/Biller en EE. UU.

First time Biller

5 hace 3 meses

I had never done billing before. Our PT clinic wanted to keep the billing in house so we tried Kareo. Of course I didn't have anything to compare too, but Kareo was easy to understand and the Kaero support was the best.

Contras:

The price per therapist went up - with our reimbursement from insurance companies going down, we need to lower our cost

Jan G.
Admin. Assistant en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados

Kareo for ParkerPT

5 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: It is a wonderful product to house medical billing information. You have easy access and may reports and tools to access when managing patient accounts. I love the on-boarding. I felt it was helpful and very comprehensive. I wish there were opportunities to work with this group to learn what is new or old that I could benefit from knowing. There is so much this system can do and I just don't feel like I am taking advantage of all the features because I don't use or remember to use from our initial training sessions.

The software is very intuitive and I like all the options you have but don't have to pay for unless you use. Being a small business we are always looking for ways to increase productivity and save money.

Contras:

Posting of ERA. This has not been improved since we began using 10+ years ago and if it has then I missed the memo. You have to address each individual date of service verses reviewing and have post automatically. I would even be happy to setup default selections to make posting quicker. Also would like a resource to assist with rejection error messages that would provide suggested issues. Current messages can be very cryptic.

Suzanne J.
Medical Biller en EE. UU.

REVIEW OF KAREO

4 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Kareo has made billing a smooth process and accounts receivable is manageable in a timely fashion. Any issues are clearly identified and resolved.

The ability to perform a little extra claim scrubbing on the front end and also simple explanations for any rejections or denials.

Contras:

The system gets very slow periodically and we are not able to use the document storage because it slows it down even more.

Jytte H.
Practice owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Kareo billing system and EHR.

4 hace 2 años

Integrates seamlessly with the EHR documentation system I use. Electronic billing with submission of clean claims 99.99% of the time.

Contras:

Posting payments from EOB does not always reconcile requiring a manual time consuming correction.

Shelly S.
Director of Reimbursement en EE. UU.

Kareo Product

4 hace 2 años

It is a user friendly product. Different ways to get to the same outcome. A/R easy to read.

Contras:

Sometimes customer service is difficult to understand.

Sarah b. F.
Sarah b. F.
Naturopathic Doctor en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Helpful to streamline your practice

5 hace 2 años

I like that Stripe is automatically connected to the biller to easily transfer payments from patient to practice. I like the automatic texting and emailing to patients to confirm appointments.

Contras:

This software contains codes for all insurance billing purposes; however, if you are cash-based practice and entering in supplements to sell, the manual process by which this is done is clunky and inefficient.

Office Manager en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados

Kareo - The most user friendly billing software I have encountered

3 hace 2 años

Comentarios: When I initially saw the layout of Kareo I love it. All of the tabs are clearly labeled and I was able to navigate the software without any training. However once we started posting and applying payments, it began to get tricky. Since we were new to the software Kareo supplied someone to come out and train our employees and his personal line so we were able to call him whenever we have questions. That was a great help. We also enjoyed their training videos supplied on Kareo university.

It is a clean looking software and is very quick. It is very quick and easy to input payments and make notes on the payments. It is also easy to look at the AR to see what was denied, pending, etc. Most of the denials also have codes that help us figure out why it has not been paid.

Contras:

Some parts of the program are confusing and not intuitive. Applying payments seems like it is a more extensive process than it needs to be. Calling for customer service is also a pain because I am often on hold for a long time, at least 30 minutes, and the people I am calling often do not seem knowledgeable.

Amanda B.
VPM Director en EE. UU.

Kareo Software Review

5 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: I enjoy Kareo, I currently have 6 practices using it. I always refer clients looking for new software to Kareo. The success coach [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been helpful and makes me feel very confident in my knowledge of Kareo and had I can pass that on to my staff.

I love the eligibility tool. I also enjoy the help doc, I can usually look up what I need which is much faster than calling customer service.

Contras:

Requesting new features takes a long time to get done. Also the time difference. If I have an issue at 8 and it is only 7 in California my wait time for customer service is much longer.

Shirley W.
President en EE. UU.

Easy to learn and use

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: When we first went to Kareo, we were coming off a system that had brought us to our knees: nothing worked right, clients were frustrated and we had no faith in things reported in the system. Kareo changed all of that for us--we were able to have reports we could trust, true transparency for the clients, and so many functions we were able to do more efficiently.

We love that the software is intuitive, and we can teach a clinic how to use it (on a basic level) in about an hour. The reports are accurate and easy to use. We can set up favorite reports, and generally get help whenever we're "stuck"

Contras:

Enrollments--getting providers enrolled properly and getting assistance with those enrollments. Also, we really dislike that they offshore their help desk. It's challenging to get someone who can help us when we get an offshore rep. We also wish there was a better defined collections procedure/status in the system which would help us better monitor what's gone to collection. We cannot bill UB04 charges for facilities out of Kareo.

Jacob V.
Director of Operations en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 51-200 empleados

Kareo Billing Software

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall we've been pretty happy with Kareo. There are a few features we miss from our old software but some of the features we gained by switching to Kareo mostly make up for the difference.

The main reason we were drawn to Kareo was it's API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

Contras:

The canned reporting is okay but most of the reports export to excel in an unusable format (or at least a difficult to use format with filler cells and merged cells).

Rahul G.
Physician en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great software for billing but the EHR could use some polish

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: My overall experience with Kareo is very good. We use them for our software and practice management. I’m not using the EHR as it is not included with the package and there are some limitations for my specialty when participating in the MIPS

The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is modular in that you paid for different modules from the E in charge of the software and practice management features They have a great feature set. There always improving and adding more functionality.

Contras:

There are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. The HR should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate it is plenty of boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in there are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. Each shot should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate at this point your boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support for doctors were trying to participate in MIPS. They should be a QCDR.

Michele M.
President/CEO en EE. UU.
Servicios financieros, Trabajador autónomo

Billing Softare Tried and True

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have had an amazing experience with Kareo. Of course like any software program you will have hiccups and bumps in the road but after working in the medical billing industry for almost 15 years I can say that Kareo has been the best software program I have used!

The feature I like most about Kareo is the built in eligibility feature. Not having to login to numerous portals to check eligibility makes my job 10X easier!

Contras:

I wish Kareo would not make you get out of the pt insurance info area to check the pts eligibility. This happened with the newest update and it is not very efficient at all. Also the same with adding a new Medicare policy, you have to get out of the insurance area and go back in to check hospice, the drop down box won't work unless you do this. Not efficient at all. I would also like to see Kareo automatically capitalize pt demographics when you are entering them, all other software programs I have used have this feature built into them.

Shelley G.
Billing Manager en EE. UU.
Práctica médica

Medical Billing Lead

4 hace 5 años

Ease of use. There is a lot of helpful educational information, and when you call the reps are very knowledgeable and sincere about helping you with your problem.

Contras:

When looking at payments entered daily, I would like to be able to scroll back and forth in the calendar rather than enter the dates. There is a daily report, but I just want to quickly scroll through the dates. This is one feature that would be nice, at least for me to quickly check to be sure all money is posted daily. The reps are very knowledgeable and willing to help you in most cases, except for one issue when I wanted to sign up for ERA's. It was not clear to me that there was a deadline and he closed my case before I faxed the forms. If he could have extended the timing, it would have helped- I also work in a different office, so I am not able to get doctor's signature immediately, and we were in the middle of integrating at the time. Also- your integration with P. Fusion- could be improved. The other systems PFusion integrates with are not so difficult with every character matching, etc., and this has been hard for our office. It is still new, so hopefully it will get easier. another thing I thought of- there are occasions where you have to delete or change a payment, and if you enter this before the insurance EOB comes in, and you find you need to change it, or apply some of this to another date of service, you can't easily delete payment information once it has been applied to a visit without having to delete all the claims data. This is unfortunate. I did speak with a rep who showed me how to copy the messages and re post in notes, but this is cumbersome if there are a lot of transactions. okay, I think that is enough feedback for today. I do love Kareo!

Blake O.

Kareo Practice Management

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Reporting, posting payments, sending invoices, etc are all a breeze with the software. Customer service is without a doubt the most helpful and easiest of any vendor I've ever used.

The software is very easy to use after a few weeks of learning the in's and out's. I likely don't utilize half of what the software is capable of, but it's perfect for what I need.

Contras:

I wish it was possible to integrate the Kareo Practice Management software with more than one EHR in my industry. It is only available for Medicfusion integration.

David B.
Nursing Manager en EE. UU.

Kareo Billing Review

4 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Very satisfied

Very easy to use software. The installation and set up was seamless.

Contras:

A few glitches on the online payment platform. Patient are told to sign into the patient portal to see an itemized statement. That is not possible if only using the billing platform as a standalone module.

Diane B.
Seguros, 2-10 empleados

Billers of Metro Atlanta

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I think the numbers of years I have used Kareo shows my satisfaction with the overall software product.
I have trained 50 plus people in the 20 years I have used this product. I am still growing and encourage those I meet to transition to using this software. I have demonstrated my confidence in Kareo by including page on my business website promoting Kareo.

I have been a user of this software since the 90's. I found Kareo to be a very cost effective software which allowed for training new staff, integrating practices and decreased initial startup costs. Kareo continues to update and add new features which are relevant to industry standards and changes.

Contras:

I would like to have more capability from some of the screens to multi task. Such as printing as statement from track claim status page. I would like to see Kareo add actual advanced billing personnel to the support staff who handle the help tickets. Currently some help tickets have been answered by sales staff. I believe this would speed up the process.

Julie F.
billing manager en EE. UU.

Kareo software

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: My experience has been great with very few problems

I love how easy it is to use and easy functions

Contras:

some of the billing areas have a lot of steps to get to the final result.

Gregory P.
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Práctica médica
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Almost 3 years of use and we still love it!

4,5 hace 5 años

I came to our practice with no experience in health care and was immediately tasked with firing our 3rd party billing company and bringing everything back in house with Kareo. I had no experience in billing, patient demographics, insurance, posting payments etc. Within one week of our launch... we had the basics down and were able to seamlessly transition our single physician practice to Kareo. Payments were coming in within the first 30 days. We also have a linked EHR system so our claims are easy to do with our doctor able to have the DX codes all input at the clinical note stage and everything seamlessly transitions right over to billing. We are so fast at it that our previous day's claims are out the door by 10AM the following day. I love this system and the folks that support it.

Contras:

Some payers will make surprise changes in their EID that do not get updated into system tested into Kareo in a timely manner. It normally is discovered when payment posting gets out of whack and then it is discovered that the payer made a change in the technical date interchange. Then discovered that the change was not system tested in Kareo. It is a little bit of finger pointing on who is to blame for the interchange misses.... but don't get me wrong... when issue is discovered - they work to fix it - it just takes some time.

Jill T.
Practice Administrator en EE. UU.

Kareo Customer Review

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall we are pleased with Kareo

1.I like the ability to learn as needed with Kareo university and ease of use for our team We love the automated reminders and the ability the send messages with the software

Contras:

I'm not too fond of the way Kareo calculates the end of month reports. If payment was collected in a month and deposited in our account, the monthly report's end should reflect the same as my bank statement.

Nina L.
billing / coding en EE. UU.

kareo survey

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I love the no response files. If you work those, you will rarely ever have a timely filing issue again. I also really like how we can add suggestions to better the software and Kareo listens.

I love the ease of use with Kareo. You can literally sit down, bring up kareo and start billing if you just read the screens. I've worked off of other softwares including Athena, Epic etc and the ease of Kareo is definately refreshing.

Contras:

I have a wish list of a couple i things I wish Kareo had. On the clinical side, i would to be able to set up Kareo notes that it would automatically pull the cpt codes into the superbill. On both sides, platform and billing, i wish Kareo would hook up with the NPPES file so when i search for a doctor or practice for referring purposes, all the info would be there.

Barbara W.
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado
4,5 hace 9 años

Comentarios: I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention first, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked what I saw. I have done medical billing for years in the past as an office manager. I am also a CPA, and I did consulting work in which I helped physician practices choose and set up billing systems. Compared to the older systems, Kareo is light-years better. Implementation of Kareo took some time and effort. At first I thought it would be intuitive, and it is to a certain extent. These days billing is so complex, however, that I have some to see that it would be almost impossible to come up with a system that is entirely intuitive. I needed to complete the training, and then I was good to go. One thing that is really nice is the ability to choose training videos on the topics you need to learn about. The training videos are excellent. I did my training by starting a video, pausing it to enter my own data into Kareo, then continue on. This provided me with hands-on training, and it was very helpful. I also like the fact that I can go back at any time to view the videos again, and I can also view videos on topics or features of Kareo that I am using for the first time. I chose to purchase customer support for the first month only, because I am pretty savvy when it comes to billing systems. During that time, the team was very nice, very helpful, and oh so patient with me. I always got the answers I needed. One of the things that I especially like about Kareo is the reports that can be run. In the "old days" you could only run certain reports that were set-up by the system. It never made sense to me that there was a huge database of information, yet it could only be accessed in limited ways. Kareo provides many options for reports. I personally like the accounts receivable reports as well as the report that shows revenue from each facility where I practice. Probably the biggest benefit I have received from Kareo is the time savings. I have to balance my time between my clinical responsibilities and my financial and billing activities. I am sure I could not do this without Kareo. Bottom line: I am a very satisfied customer, and I would choose Kareo all over again if I had to choose.

Leah R.
practice manager en EE. UU.

Thoughts on Kareo

5 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: Overall Kareo is a great product

I have been using Kareo since 2012 and it has been very easy to use. The scheduler is very user friendly and east to navigate. I also use the billing end of it as well . I like that it populates the statements that are to be sent as well as the secondary claims that medicare sometimes does not forward.

Contras:

I have had patients complain that the appointment reminder calls were not easily understood and did not give specific information about the doctor for the appointment.