15 años ayudando a las empresas argentinas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de The FTW Transcriber

Sobre The FTW Transcriber

Herramienta de transcripciones médicas que ayuda a registrar notas de pacientes a través de dictado de voz, capacidades de marcadores y marcas de tiempo automatizadas.

Descubre más sobre The FTW Transcriber

I've tried various other software, but I always come back to FTW!!! Really love it.

Contras:

I didn't find anything I particularly disliked.

Valoraciones de The FTW Transcriber

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

The FTW Transcriber tiene una valoración global de 4,7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 91 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado The FTW Transcriber antes?

Filtrar opiniones (91)

Deloris
Deloris
Freelancer en EE. UU.

FTW Transcriber Will Make Transcribing Less Painful

5,0 hace 2 años

When I uploaded audio to the software, it was an easy process, including video. FTW Transcriber software makes it easier to hear what the speakers are saying even when you are using inexpensive headphones. I always used a USB foot pedal, so transcribing the audio or video was easy. In fact, with FTW Transcriber, I really didn't need to hit the rewind pedal too much because whenever I stopped the audio, it would automatically rewind a few seconds to help me to capture all of the words.

Contras:

With this software, you have to pay by the month to reap the benefits. If you don't pay for the software, it will stop playing at 15 minutes. There should be a free version that will play longer files.

Iris

A must-have for me

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My transcripts are highly accurate, and transcribing with FTW is so much easier than the other software I have tried. There really is no learning curve. I highly recommend this program for anyone who does transcription. The low cost of a license makes it a viable option for pretty much anyone.

I have been using the FTW Transcriber for over 10 years now. It is my first choice when transcribing. The sound quality is second to none. The fact that it comes with preset low- and high-speed playback makes proofing my transcript so much easier and faster. I cannot say enough good things about this software. I would be lost without it.

Contras:

Not a con for me personally, but the volume level of the FTW Transcriber is fairly low compared to other products of its kind. I have installed an audio enhancer, which solves this problem.

Faith
legal transcriptionist en EE. UU.

Wonderful product

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Been using it for at least 15 yrs and just renewed again. Cost is worth every penny and it even works when the internet is down.

The sound quality is excellent, easy to use also with FX Sound. The best in the business. No comparison to ES.

Contras:

Nothing I can think of. It would be great, however, to use this with FTR's extensions as well.

Anne
Business owner en RU
Servicios de información, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great sound quality, issues with functionality

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: FTW has a big benefit in the excellent sound quality and ability to automatically reduce background noise from recorder problems or from actual things happening in the background. It's a shame it's a bit 'flaky' in other areas or I'd use it all the time.

Compared to the most used transcription software on the market, the sound quality of FTW is fantastic. I wouldn't be without it as, due to the vastly improved sound quality compared to Express Scribe, I am able to transcribe files with FTW that would be unusable without a lot of time-consuming pre-processing on Scribe. It's quite customisable although at first it can be tricky to set up.

Contras:

FTW has a tendency to freeze and require restarting several times within the same transcription session, and periodically it suddenly decides I don't have a licence, although I do - and I have to go through support to sort this out. It's not very easy to set up (and when it decides I haven't got a licence, I have to re set up bits of it, although to some extent you can save your profile). I can't set up the time stamps exactly as I'd like them and for many years support is minimal and there is no interest in improving the software as far as I can tell. Although you can keep a 'play list' of current files you're working on, you can only either delete the play list or keep it - you can't delete individual files off it. This means it's hard to keep a record on the software of the files you have in. A big disadvantage compared to Scribe.

hace 4 años

Thanks for your comments, all of which we note. Some of your issues are not experienced by most users, but if you contact us about them via https://www.theftwtranscriber.com/contact-us/, we'll try to help. We offer great flexibility with formatting timestamps, but if we don't offer exactly what you need, please get in touch!

Katrina
Digital Transcription en Australia
Oficina ejecutiva, Trabajador autónomo

Best option

4,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Absolutely outstanding! I got stuck making a payment to renew my licence and the email support team were absolutely amazing - quick and sorted everything for me instantly. I was very pleasantly surprised and exceptionally grateful!

I love the bookmark feature and use this constantly. It's great if you take a break but need to remember exactly where you were up to. It also helps if you are trying to identify different voices to bookmark each voice and then be able to easily listen to compare. The timecoding feature is absolutely essential and I love that you can change the setup of how the timecode is displayed in your document.

Contras:

I wish there was a volume boost button (aside from the actual volume slide). Sometimes audio can be on the quiet side and this is one function I have noted in other transcriber software that would be extremely helpful.

Victoria
Transcrptionist en RU
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Ease and functions are simple

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Swift and simple use of audio player on a daily basis. Sound enhancement has to be dualled with another program which is constantly in useon my computer and with FTW.

Audio loading is swift and simple. Quality of audio is superior to other software. Will convert type of audio file to play in FTW. Allows user to set up time stamps easily with personalised text. Function of timed time code stamps at intervals is wonderful. Controls for volume and speed are easily accessible.

Contras:

The program crashes and will not shut down with End Task. On a couple of occasions, inexplicably the licence key is not on view in settings and will not allow use until computer restart (annoying as all else working and set up), and on one occasion took several hours to get an email to reset. There are no settings to improve audio quality e.g. reduce background noise, sharpness, less bass etc. The files cannot be deleted individually, the only function is 'clear playlist' of all which is more than distracting when you have files with similar identities which could be removed on other programs in a click. But instead you have to wade through and actually play the file to ensure correct.

Evelyn
Scopist en EE. UU.

Best for Transcription

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I am a long-time user of The FTW Transcriber. I switched from Express Scribe for the sound quality. FTW has a better sound quality, even when speeding up or slowing down the audio. I like being able to set up how many seconds back I want the playback to start, and the fact that it is so easy I can adjust it per job as necessary. This is a very big part of my daily work and it's proven to be easy and dependable.

The sound quality was an improvement. It's easy to set up and use. The customer service is awesome! With the very few problems I've had they answer promptly and solve the problem. One time the problem was the format of the audio I was using and they furnished me with a program to convert it, free, just to help me out.

Contras:

I don't like that when I change the colors to purple, some of the player still stays orange.

Jessica
Fuente de la reseña

Best transcription software out there

5,0 hace 4 años

I've been using FTW for years. I own a transcription company, and I also contract work for other transcription companies. I've tried a multitude of audio programs, and FTW is the best, hands down. It is my go-to program. I never have problems with it. The one time that it wasn't working for whatever reason, I contacted support, and they were amazing. I would recommend the software to anybody who needs an audio software for any reason.

Contras:

I don't have any cons. I absolutely love the software. I use it daily.

Jennifer
Audio Transcriptionist en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 11-50 empleados

My GO-TO software for 5 years

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The rare occasions that I have had difficulties with the software (perhaps 3 times in 5 years), customer support has been very responsive and thorough. I've used FTW about 5 years and the only thing I could suggest to the developers is to enlarge and bold the wording on the face. Words are small, pale, and difficult to read from any distance.

FTW is user-friendly; menus are organized, easy to access, with an adequate variety of settings that are easy to understand. FTW can accommodate video recordings to be able to view Zoom recordings with participants and/or slides, giving the transcriber the ability to sync or lip read.

Contras:

When I considered using FTW macros, I determined that the capabilities I already had made adopting them unnecessary.

Gwen
Medical transcriptionist en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Exactly what I needed at a great price

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have been using FTW Transcriber for 7 years. I learned to use it very quickly, I love having it as a small window over other windows, the sound quality is excellent. I hated Express Scribe, which is what everyone was using. FTW had better sound quality and is significantly more user friendly, plus a much better price.

The sound quality is great, it's very simple to use. I am able to just keyboard shortcuts with it, which is important for me because I do not like using a foot pedal (although using a foot pedal is also an option).

Contras:

Every once in a while the audio start and stop is delayed, which disrupts my flow. Fortunately, this is rare.

Tammie
Fuente de la reseña

Great features - great price!

5,0 hace 4 años

I love that I can customize the software in so many ways. I especially love how easy it is to change the timestamp appearance for different projects.

Contras:

I wish that it didn't immediately go to the beginning of the audio when you get to the end. Sometimes I need to replay the end to get what was said.

Lina
Certified Court Reporter and Authorized Court Transcriptionist en Canadá

THE BEST TRANSCRIPTION PROGRAM

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The audio is superior to any other program I have used. I don't have to strain to hear or understand what is being said.

This software makes it possible to transcribe both audio and many forms of video transcription. The quality of the audio is far superior to some of the more well-known products available. I have some of the other programs as well, but FTW is my go-to on a daily basis.

Contras:

It would be nice to be able to take away background noise or echo, but even so, I find that FTW does some of that innately. Also, since I am a sole practitioner and I am the only one transcribing, it would be nice to put FTW on more than one computer without having to pay for a second licence. I am only ever using one computer at a time.

Julie
Owner en Sudáfrica
Fuente de la reseña

An essential part of my work

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I use it for every job I perform as a proofreading step as the sound quality is superior, and I can often pick up hard to hear sections that I can't in my other software.

I use FTW as a second level for proofreading. Whilst I use another software for the first level, which is more user friendly to type up fast, I always use FTW to proof the work as an important second level as the sound quality is far superior.

Contras:

I don't find it as easy to work with for simply fast type ups, however the audio quality is superior. I also find it frustrating that whilst you can put the volume up to maximum, there is no option to boost the volume on the file within the software to a higher level.

Thank you!

Anne
Translator, English>French en EE. UU.
Servicios financieros, Trabajador autónomo

Nimble and perfect

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Again, I am an occasional user but I am completely satisfied with it every time I have to use it. The first time It takes about 15 minutes to download, install and understand and you are on your way!
Then, every time I have had a chance to use it (once or twice a year maybe), the update was cheap, there are always new functions, I love it !

- It is so user-friendly! I only get to use it a couple of times each year because my main job is translation rather than transcription, and I always marvel at how easy it is to fall back into the functions and the settings. - Completely compatible with the Infinity foot pedal. - Also, it never crashes! (quite exceptional for anything you try to use with Windows :-))

Contras:

Nothing comes to mind ;-) Nothing comes do mind ;-)

hace 4 años

We appreciate your kind comments. Please note our updates are not "cheap" - they're free!

Karen
Independent Contractor en EE. UU.

Best software

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Out of so many options available, FTW is my first choice. It shames the competition.

The best part about this software is the customer support and service. Thay being said, it is my go-to software for all things transcription.

Contras:

I cannot think of one thing negative to say about it.

Nancy
Edición, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

My Go-To Software for Transcription!

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have been using FTW for over five years and have been extremely happy with its performance and functionality. I’ve recommended it as a top-choice software to fellow transcriptionists and professionals alike.

Ability to create client-specific keycode & timestamp appearance styles. Ability to save preferred audio speed as a setting. The seamlessness of opening video files

Contras:

I would like to see an IOS version so I can also work from my iPad Air.

Pat
Independent Contractor en Canadá
Oficina ejecutiva, Trabajador autónomo

FTW Transcriber ... the only one I will use

5,0 hace 4 años

Overall, I just found this software to work the best for my needs. I have used a few others but FTW is the one I am most comfortable using

Contras:

There isn't anything I can think of that I like least

Thank you!

NANCY
Arte y artesanía, Trabajador autónomo

Simple and Straightforward

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I'm a sole proprietor of a transcribing service and don't have a technical support staff. I rely on advice and service from FTW and have always been pleased.

I did not have experience using this transcription software. I had used other programs, but found them bulky and loaded with features that I wouldn't use. The instructions for set-up and use are easy to follow. Best of all, the software works. The support team is accessible and and responsive.

Contras:

I do wish there were some way to select which recordings to delete without having to delete them all. I realize they are still in my downloads file, but it's nice to have all my transcription recordings in one place and not mixed in with other types of files.

Margaret
Sole Proprietor/Transcriptionist en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

FTW Transcriber is one of the best transcription audio players out there.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I have been using FTW Transcriber for at least six years and have relied on it to help me produce error-free transcripts.

FTW Transcriber is outstanding for playback of audio and video files in my transcription work. The software plays virtually any audio thrown my way and plays it back flawlessly so that I can hear every word.

Contras:

I had some glitches with it during some Windows upgrades, but I discovered that by starting the software up as an Administrator, those problems disappeared.

hace 4 años

Many thanks for your comments!

Sharon

I love this software.

5,0 hace 4 años

I am a freelance paralegal and am frequently called upon to provide transcripts of recordings (video and audio) sometimes taken under very stressful circumstances and in many and varied formats. This program has handled (almost?) all with great results. It is so helpful to be able to manage these recordings with a foot pedal instead of trying to do it with a mouse.

Contras:

That is sometimes does not work with everything and every format I have sent to me. But that isn't your fault. Some of it is from law enforcement software that must be viewed in their viewer. Not as friendly as FTW is.

Patrice
Pastoral Administrative Assistant en EE. UU.
Instituciones religiosas, 11-50 empleados

Review of FTW Transcriber

4,0 hace 4 años

I like how the voice tone is not distorted when the speed is slowed down. The ability to move backward and forward incrementally in the recoding is also a time-saver.

Contras:

Sometimes I would like to slow the recording down more than what the software allows.

Kaye
Seguros, Trabajador autónomo

Excellent software!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Wouldn't use anything else, thank you so much! I have tried other software, which was not as good and a lot more expensive. It is an integral part of my business.

The best transcription software out there at an amazing price. I could not run my business without it, and I am more than pleased with its ease, and the customer service is excellent. I recommend it to all my colleagues.

Contras:

Not much to clear up file with, i would appreciate a few filters that could take out background noises.

Dave

All my people use FTW! We have been using it since 2010

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Since we all have been using FTW since 2010, that should say it all!

Ease of customizing playback keys and setting up hotkeys for frequently used words and phrases. The price for such full featured software can't be beat. Also has built in file conversion. Customer service response time is AMAZING!

Contras:

In our 12+ years of using FTW, I really can't think of anything they haven't already created or fixed.

Annette
Transcriber en RU

Good, useful program

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I'm happy to use IT as part of my toolbox. Some sound files sound best with FTW.

FTW is easy to use and often captures sound that is missed in other transcription software.

Contras:

FTW plays back with good sound quality, but it misses sounds other programs capture.

Emily
transcriptionist en Australia

Reliable and solid software

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: reliable technology for transcription across a range of fields.

The ability to customise hotkeys and timestamp appearance

Contras:

Had to reinstall it once when it updated but otherwise fine. Would like to be able to have different voices on different channels.